Does lifting affect lifespan? I heard a while back calorie restricted monkies live years longer...

Does lifting affect lifespan? I heard a while back calorie restricted monkies live years longer, so is eating a shitton of food cutting my lifespan?

Attached: 1563845290128.webm (640x640, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21450984/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

read similar papers
Probably true

but the benefits of a healthy life enabled by fitness and mires is more enjoyable than being a skellyfag

First off, we are not monkeys.
Secondly, a more rapid metabolism could be associated with accelerated aging.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21450984/
“increased metabolic rate may lead to earlier organ damage (in effect accelerated aging) possibly by accumulation of toxic substances produced with the increase in energy turnover.”

so i've been killing myself by bulking??!Q

Attached: 370-3709335_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-1500618808068-wojak-pink-scream.png (808x805, 384K)

You’re dying either way.

Attached: C310F90B-1516-4A8B-BEDE-2417E7EE61B8.jpg (801x1200, 98K)

>shorter lifespan

this is the best news I've heard yet

Attached: 1558713409984.jpg (319x298, 11K)

if you want to have a higher quality of life as you age then yes. otherwise go out in a blaze of glory @ 40 scoops whatever floats the boat

Attached: 71kjqK6wbrL.jpg (1399x1703, 139K)

Attached: 1548977444515.png (1920x800, 751K)

Yes. the fact is weightlifting ages you faster.

Wait, so it's basically a decision between quality and quantity.

Attached: gunfu65.webm (640x640, 1.43M)

It has been common knowledge for some time that weightlifting is not healthy, especially if you are "bear mode" or "powerlifting" or whatever where you are morbidly obese by BMI.

When studies talk about how exercise is healthy they mean regular cardio and an active lifestyle, not lifting huge weights and having huge muscles and a much increased metabolish, which is usually accompanied by a diet high in red and processed meat with little fruit or vegetables.

>No lifting
Miss me with that gay shit, and I'm gay.

Low calorie diet = longer life
High calorie diet = shorter life
Assuming you meet nutrition RDAs for everything and you don't have any other illnesses.

pretty much, a 16:8 eating pattern is pretty good at restricting calories with an a heavier emphasis on vegetable based diet (50-80% of calories) combined with occasional (3-6 days a week) resistance training (squat, dead, bench, ohp) and cardio (jump rope, run, bike, any hiit) creates a pretty healthy lifestyle. the key is balance and figuring out your own rhythm

Attached: 88669E1EA0AC4A6899EA45C0849CD20D.jpg (258x387, 21K)

Really? Even natties who don't excessively bulk?

Attached: Jack LaLanne_a_p.jpg (300x450, 33K)

>50-80% of calories from vegetables
Literally how

Whole grains, fruit, and poultry and seafood are health though so there is no reason to eat that much vegetables (especially since few vegetables are very calorie dense)

mb 50-80% non animal based, not just veg

Digesting food causes oxidative stress so it's possible that eating a lot could accumulate more stress than eating less but I doubt natty bodybuilding is harmful.

Sauce on girl op?

Attached: mayweather.gif (300x212, 1.7M)

No, this is a brainlet way of looking at it. What you're doing with your diet is helping to decide how many quality years you have. You can eat like shit and still live to 80 due to genetics but your QoL will be garbage. You could eat perfectly and die at 60 due to genetics but you could have a high QoL until whatever gets you, gets you. Being a sack of bones reliant on others is the consequence of a life time of not taking care of yourself.

And anyone who thought bodybuilding was healthy is an absolute fucking retard. Bodybuilding is never good for you.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21450984/
I'm impressed Jow Forums, for once you listen to science and common sense.

There's plenty of evidence worldwide that bodybuilding is crap for your health. You can lift all you want, but if you want to actually be healthy and have the most quality years, eat clean, mix in cardio at least 3 times a week, and stop eating food-like substitutes (protein powders/bars, and all the other supplements. Basically everything sold at GNC).

Enjoy lifting and boning everything in your teens and twenties, then start focusing on longevity.

yeah ok enjoy your arthritis faggot

Katharina Vikor