Fell for the squat meme

>fell for the squat meme
>now knees slightly ache whenever I sit down

What now? Do I just drop the exercise or just push through it?

Attached: knee-pain-main-25b6b571bdf94e080d84eef96299ec1de00346d8288739c9a13ddc99e33fd680.png (592x444, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBq6iynRUUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine having shit form during squats
Go see a doctor if you're so concerned and stop killing threads you whiny faggot

Not op but would hate to see the 5 bbc threads up rn be replaced by lifting advice :(

Stretch, foam roll and properly recover you dumb dumb and also check your form. The only meme you fell for is not thinking recovery matters and prob bad form.

>foam roll

Doing that already.

>Stretch

Like what?

Regular squats are an unnatural movement and inevitably lead to knee injuries. Instead do bodyweight squats and raise your heels as you squat down so that your feet and torso form a vertical line.

>have shit knee genetics
>all muscle goes to the upper portion of my thighs
>no muscle builds around the knees
>legs look dyel in shorts because no knee muscle
>makes squats difficult because knee pain
>makes deadlifts difficult because wobbly knees
Apart from getting new genetics am I just fucked? Leg day routine:
>Conventional deadlifts
>Squats
>Weighted walking lunges
>Quad extensions
>Hamstring curls
>Calf raises

When I first started squatting, I also had knee pain. Then for whatever reason the pain stopped and I got my squat higher than ever before.
I don't know, I think it's just the body trying to accommodate with a movement and weight it's never done before.

Think about it, if you just started squatting, did you ever squat PURPOSEFULLY for the sole reason of squatting with a weight on your back before? No? There you go.

I had knee pain when I first squatted, but I know now that it was because my form was trash. I was just dropping down making my center of gravity too far back, putting all the weight into my knees. Like others have said, recover, check your form, then check your form again, and then check your form some more.

Push through it. Make sure your form is good, and don't go heavy if your joints are that weak.

Why has nobody mentioned this yet?

LEAD THE SQUAT WITH YOUR BUTT, NOT YOUR KNEES
youtube.com/watch?v=kBq6iynRUUE
I have shitty knees, they pop and crackle even with bodyweight squats or kneeling down, I had to wear sleeves when squatting even 2 plates so I didn't have pain. I've squatted 365 raw with no pain with this method.

once and for all:

lockout knees when you go up or be slightly bend over

sounds like it might be excessive lateral pressure syndrome

I had knee pain when I was doing high bar squats and never figured out why. Switched to low bar and it doesnt hurt anymore.

>have shit knee genetics
>all muscle goes to the upper portion of my thighs
>legs look dyel in shorts because no knee muscle
>makes squats difficult because knee pain
>makes deadlifts difficult because wobbly knees
this are just shitty quad insertions. I have it as well. It looks like shit but they don't affect your ability to squat aside from maybe your maximum potential

cont.
Saying you can't to leg exercises because you have bad quad insertions is like saying you cant to curls because you have a big gab between your brachialis and your elbow. You are just looking for excuses

>Regular squats are an unnatural movement
Are you ohuyel?

Attached: hqdefault (16).jpg (480x360, 18K)

Muscles you should "think with" while squatting:

1. Glutes
2. Hip
3. Back
4. Leg

do front squads you faggot if you want knee muscle

Unless you injured your knee you probably have an issue with your ankle or hips.
Knee pain is almost never a problem with the knee itself.

based leg thinker

You have terrible form. I know because I had the same thing.
Angle your toes outward slightly and have a bit wider stance. When you squat down, don't bend your knees further forward than your toes, or you will be in a lot of pain after a while.
When you're going back up, push your knees outward and HIP DRIVE that mother fucker home.

This will sort it out for you, my dude.

Also your abductors may be overpowered by your abductors which pulls your knee slightly out of place when you're bending it. Work on the inner thigh muscles.

Post squat

Do baby weight squats till you get form right.

This but the opposite for me

Which do you do OP?