He bends his back during OHP

>he bends his back during OHP
enjoy your ruptured disc.

Attached: snap.png (451x562, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nx1ytBh6kgU?t=1104
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I press 30 kg, so no risk

if you lean back even a little bit it's a standing incline press so it doesn't count anyway

Fun fact. I used to have back pains during OHP but then watched Alan Thrall video where he did tutorial on it. When you lean back and brace your core and glutes your spine is protected and thight, then you go under the weight when its up. Never had back pains from ohp ever since. Wiggling back and forward is more dangerous

I used to get burning pain in that exact region of the spine when pressing but after I started doing didleys and rows it vanished somehow. Maybe my form just got better or maybe my spine was calcified after years of being a nerd.

New fag here, I have been working out for a month now and my back hurts after ohp. Watched million videos on it. I really like this move and have been paying attention to technique but something is missing. Should I change it for kettlebell press? Will strength gains be the same?

You are fucking retard. The spine is made to bend that way. Fucking 99% of blown discs are towards the back or sides, never to the front.

>Should I change it for
Ngmi kill yourself bitch

If your bar path is straight and you were in that position it would absolutely not rupture a disc.

The back isn't bent, the hips are pushed forward you fucking potato

I wear oly shoes when I do it

>oly shoes
Based cheater

Oly shoes, wide stance. I counterbalance the shoe cheat by making subconscious leg drahve impossible.

what's wrong with using oly shoes and leg drive? you melons

>wide stance
Me too, bro
The Westside squat of overhead pressing

Attached: 100kg.webm (1920x1080, 838K)

>oly shoes
Reinforces shit ankle mobility
>leg drive
The moment you include leg drive is the moment you go from OHP to push press

>The moment you include leg drive is the moment you go from OHP to push press
i don't think that's what leg drive means

checked

Works fine for me™

Based push presser

so when people talk about leg drive on the bench press, what do they mean?

>Not doing separate ankle mobility work

I think the difference is just the legs ROM in those lifts but idk.

> he's not using mixed grip
laughinggirls.jpg

>Not just having good ankle mobility to begin with so you can squat properly without overpriced shoes

Can't believe I never thought about this

Simply epic lifehack

In my experience, wrists will collapse more easily with supinated grip

glutes squeeze and core stability =/= lower back bend.
also you need to move your chin back

that's why I switched to seated ohp

>seated ohp
Do you also sit to pee?

>ohps 100kg
>looks dyel

whats the point

I have to after the operation. It's like a fire hose got stuck in the fire truck

your form is shit. the muscles helping your body stay ridgid are probably not strong enough to support whatever weight you're doing. Or more likely: You forget to brace and hold the brace.

if I have a semi, yes

Redpill me on seated OHP. Standing OHP fucks my lower back and I can't progress, but I've been making great gains on seated OHP, mostly because I can just like fucking lift heavier.

Being strong for the sake of being strong has value. On practical level much more so than a shredded look. Depends on what you lift for brother.
I lift because I don't want my kids to grow up with a lardass farther, I lift to show them that there is value in male strength and endurance.

Seated OHP tends to turn into a decline press, I prefer z-presses as a strict form of ohping

The redpill is, as it is with everything, you're either at your max or you need to work on the muscles that help the lift. How else could you be progressing on the lift when you do it seated? It's not your primary movers that are the problem, it's everything else.

fix that, try again.

Activate your glutes and clench your buttcheeks. Also, don’t ego lift.

The weight is most likely not heavy enough to injure yourself yet, and you just need to work on proper form. Focus on mental cues like bracing your core, tightening glutes, and pushing head forward when pressing, etc. Film yourself and don't go up in weight until you have better form.

All newfags that think they can replace the main lifts because they know better just have shit form because they are a newfag and don't know better. Tell us the weight you're pushing and I'll tell you whether you know what your doing

Also, mobility is a very important as well. You most likely don't have to mobility to push your form in certain ways, that you should work on and will develop as you lift

Social value of being shredded > unga bunga me pick up rock

>Seated OHP tends to turn into a decline press,
How? So you fall over during reps?

what is there to redpill? standing ohp tends to make you bend your back, seated allows you to have your back straight and use more of your shoulders for the lift.

With back support you tend to turn ohps into decline presses, that's why people can press more, actual strict presses like z-presses reduce the weight you can push

Attached: seated-military-press-looking-up.jpg (679x445, 58K)

>Seated OHP tends to turn into a decline press
...what?

Do you mean to say incline press?

>tends to make you bend your back,
Based bad form user

Sorry about that

This is the secret. All about the glutes.

Checked triples

he looks dyel because he only cares about ego-lifting much weight. Look how little his delts are activated throughout the lift. For him it's 95% pecs pressing the bar over the head. Old school overhead pressers would do this aswell, just to be able to "lift more". This is what destroyed the competetive integrity of the lift. if dont wanna be a dyel u gotta do the lift with the shoulders, not the chest.

/thread
if you know the mechanic move, clench your asscheeks and don't egolift it's impossible to get injured

to further elaborate on my point, here is a clip of someone doing the lift "properly" in the sense that you press with your shoulders primarily, not leaning back, making the movement dynamic in order to create the famous "standing incline bench press"

youtu.be/Nx1ytBh6kgU?t=1104

I'm the guy in the video. I also z-press 98.5kg

grammar ended up bad but point is to do the lift in a static manner and NOT a dynamic manner (like the DYEL in the webm did)

let me guess, you run alphadestinys NATURALLY ENHANCED program aswell? why dont u just do the OHP as strict and clean as possible instead of doing the retarded cousin version of it (z-press)? Why cant u just do the lift properly with your shoulders?

Z-presses are not with your shoulders? Also, why are you so bothered by what other people are doing in the gym? I couldn't care less what YOU are up to

why do u even do z-press instead of just doing the OHP properly? It's like alphadestiny doing some weird variation of squat/deadlift just so he can claim he is strong even though he cant do the exercise in a conventional manner with the same weight, L M A O

>t. Sub 1.5pl8 OHPer
Stay dyel
Stay mad
Stay salty
Stay out of other people's business :^)

based. that's how you should be doing ohp. also if you can't lift the weights up from the ground up, you're a cheating dyel faggot ego lifter.

>why do u even do z-press instead of just doing the OHP properly? It'

I do Z press after OHP to finish off the muscles then bust out some Arnold dumbbell presses for that pump

Cope more summerfag, no true lifter is impressed by retarded variations of lifts. Go back to watching Alphadestinys tutorials on how to get women

also, people like you are the reason OHP is no longer a competetive lift

u know u wouldnt have to do that if u just did ohp properly first?

z press after ohp? are you retarded?

Post body

This.

>He wears converse to the gym because he can't afford a nice wooden soled shoe

I wear running shoes to the gym, come at me bro.

You probably have anterior pelvic tilt, which is why you can't correct it just by trying. Your body has learned/become stuck in that bad posture.

Do a deep squat yoga pose for 60 seconds a day to correct it.

>alan thrall
Nigger just do dumbell single arm ohp get them oblique gains

Underseved trips, take off half the weight and start over, staying still

What am I supposed to do then. Behind the back ohp?

Buncha fuckin nancys in this thread

Mirin lifts and nines

>mixed grip in OHP
Confirmed retarded.

>he looks dyel because he only cares about ego-lifting much weight.
No, he looks dyel because he's 80 kg and wearing baggy clothes
>Look how little his delts are activated throughout the lift.
He's wearing a fucking sweater for fuck's sake you're not going to see any muscle activation whatsoever
>For him it's 95% pecs pressing the bar over the head.
Ok retard
>Old school overhead pressers would do this aswell, just to be able to "lift more". This is what destroyed the competetive integrity of the lift.
You're a fucking retard
>if dont wanna be a dyel u gotta do the lift with the shoulders, not the chest.
Post a video of your press then. Show us you know what you're talking about.

Based icelandbro, fok these retards.

How much do you press?

>No, he looks dyel because he's 80 kg and wearing baggy clothes

>He's wearing a fucking sweater for fuck's sake you're not going to see any muscle activation whatsoever

>Ok retard

>You're a fucking retard

>Based icelandbro, fok these retards.

is this the definition of cope?

What's your point

>Being cucked in body and wallet
I hope you take them off when you squat and deadlift

this

How the fuck are you going to get the bar down straight if not by tilting back slightly with your hips. Your fucking head and neck is in the way.

seething

>not retracting your face inwards for superior bar positioning

ngmi

Not a bad idea

do it with dumbbells :)

I just wear a belt on any rep range 3 and under for OHP. It lets me brace much harder... combine that with a proper stance (slightly more than shoulder width) and squeezing the hell out of my glutes and back pain is nonexistent. Plus you have far more balance which means a more consistent lift.

My OHP single is 170lb... not insane, but definitely not a newbie number.

Based dadanon.

Accurate. When you blow a disc bending backward relieves the symptoms.