/plg/ - powerlifting general

Training for strength with e-frens

APPROVED INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED PROGRAMS
>Try hard, have sex (optional)

Attached: 1564195244197.jpg (750x923, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/
jtsstrength.com/train-like-a-thrower/
brianmac.co.uk/mobile//shot/shotplan.htm
youtu.be/ltntYsoI3j0
jtsstrength.com/sport-science-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

squat is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing squat.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce a bar off your morbidly obese gut for your little bullshit wide grip"bench press". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1564114078711.png (270x344, 52K)

What is the most impressive powerlift you have ever seen?

You fucked it up, retard

Kirk Ks 1000 lb squat double

/question

The question implied raw, because that's what counts

Kirills 335kg bench
>beautiful pause
>held at hand off and lockout, IPF-tier lift quality
>probably had another 2.5-5kg left in him
Let's be real it's probably the cleanest and least debatable ATWR ever set

is it normal to be constantly sore from deadlifts when doing them 1x /week (power cleans on the other lower day)? the lower back pain hasn't been going away for the last month, I really notice it when I sneeze and I'm beginning to think there's an injury that I'm aggravating, but I don't want to stop lifting

>ask my friends if anything happening tonight
>no reply
>see on sc story they're all out together
>best friend who is actually reliable goes to france for a year
>transferring to masters degree so spending little time with friends from bachelors degree

right lads, how do i fuck my shit up for a year and try and keep myself sane/make some actual gains. 4pl8 squat atm. thinking of entering a comp for December 2020 and would love to break the 202.5kg squat record.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1526762770560.jpg (737x889, 81K)

Ew

And now a threadly, but non-spamming, non-trolling, obviously on-topic reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

>Chicken leg cope
You can fake a bench press by overarching your back and using momentum too dumbass. Flat dumbbell press takes away both those options and is like doing a weighted punch (muh functional strength)

Attached: 3EE7D354-C8CC-4BE5-983E-C12B5984C894.jpg (720x707, 66K)

A seated speed DB press on a Swiss Ball with chains is the most functional exercise, desu senpai

Gonna need a drawing of this

reddit fag please stop posting these

OHP and Larsen press are better

anyone know good intermediate programs that include a lot of pull ups? I'm doing TSA 9 week right now and am considering switching the chest supported rows for pull ups on my next cycle, but am curious about other programs that have them built in

t. dainty faggot bitch with a shit bench. entirely too obvious, little man. post body/lifts and prove me wrong (you won't).

Attached: 1539921957503.jpg (292x236, 17K)

5/3/1 is the only one I can think of that explicitly mentions them, but if you're strong or light enough, you should be able to substitute them in for a similar stimulus

>good intermediate programs
>5/3/1

Attached: 1559604801575.jpg (538x384, 31K)

Not even claiming it's good, just mentioning it because Wendler explicitly mentions pullups

desu 5/3.1 is the only routine I specifically recommend as it's infinitely customisable for almost any situation

Any other recommendation requires pretty extensive knowledge of the other persons training history

Dan Greens entire meet at RUM8, all in all it wasn't anything absurd, but it was Dan in his prime when he was crushing absolutely everyone in 220/242.

>Why yes, I do 5/3/1 and my fulltime job is moderating r/weightroom. How could you tell?

Attached: 531.jpg (994x745, 166K)

But half our trips look like that...

larsen press is a special olympics lift and thats where it belongs . ohp is cope

You posted the wrong picture and ruined yet another copy paste job way to go pal

wrong thread pals

im not your pal, buddy, and last time i checked, larsen and ohp weren't in powerlifting meets

>Powerbloaters think they have abs
Nice one OP haha

Attached: 50g3enkqn3a31_0.jpg (947x1189, 119K)

If I want to combine the two dynamic days of Westside for skinny bastards so I can do them on the same day, should I cut some lifts out or should I do all of them?

starting yologramming since today
yall about to get left behind on the gains train

Bump

why

Why put them on the same day, you mean? Because I don't have enough time to do all 4 sessions due to sports and scheduling

>due to sports
wrong thread pal

only sport we do is powerlifting
>westside for skinny bastards
checks out

>>westside for skinny bastards
>checks out
in case you wonder what I meant by this

Weak dudes usually want to do everything. At some point they realise by trying to train multiple things youll just end up garbage at everything, or mediocre depending how good your genetics are.

Then they realise what they truly want is to be strong and look jacked, then it can go 2 ways. They either cope by doing something that is counter intuitive (olympic weightlifting for example) or they shut up and train and actually make gains

westside and loui simmons is the worst thing that could have happened to powerlifting

the entire sport is laughable because of them

t. has never competed

t. doesn't even lift

I ask here because I found the routine in a previous OP. It states that it's made to combine it with sports, which is what I intend to do. I'm not a complete beginner (I can get 1/2/3/4 for sets) but I'm not a /plg/'s strength levels if that's what you mean by beginner.
I'm just looking for a fun routine that I can combine with sports so I can at least maintain my strength a little.

The actual WS4SB is only 3 days, no combining needed.

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/

The 4 day is geared more towards PL, if you want to combine with sports, the original is best.

the irony on the shirt

Attached: 1549576482995.png (560x332, 301K)

Attached: 20190728_113644.jpg (724x1002, 370K)

Thanks man. Just one question, is 1 lower body day per week sufficient to maintain strength? And can I add something like box jumps to the lower body day for some explosiveness or should I leave it as is?

How do i fix my wrists? I can't squat or bench properly.

What sport? An actual legitimate dedicated team sport, or just some hobby shit?

What is your goal? To be as strong as possible or to be as good at your sport as possible? Cause you can't do both.

Find a new hobby

Wide grip squats and db bench didn't hurt. Crisis averted. Doing db block now.

t. same

BJJ, aiming to do competitions and tournaments

True. If I want to be good at the sport, it's best to just follow the program, right?

shot putters are strong and have to be as strong as possible to be as good at their sport as possible

That's where the wonderful concept of periodization comes in. Also consider that world-class shot putters are not doing "powerlifting"

If you have a sport with a high recovery demand, you have to think of your lifting as a supplement, not as a separate focus

i would bet you need alot of lower body and core strength for throws, guard, etc. one day a week is probably not a good idea. id do something in the upper rep range and something with clean movements for lower body
they do alot of clean movements, like most athletes

>they do alot of clean movements, like most athletes
Most top level athletes do less than you think.

weight train as usual but don't do bjj conditioning since it's a waste of time if you also go to the gym and when rolling never let your muscles feel the burn, keep giving your muscles rest by switching positions etc, which you probably should do in bjj anyway
gym for muscles dojo for technique only

they do bench presses and shit
semi-related but people saying ohp is more real life or whatever compared to bench are retarded, stand up and throw/push/punch something, the movement has a lot more in common with bench than ohp

yes but not the way you think

Why are there so many "how do I powerlift and do BJJ?"

Isn't one incel hobby enough? Have sex, lmao

jtsstrength.com/train-like-a-thrower/

brianmac.co.uk/mobile//shot/shotplan.htm

it's pretty dumb yes
though bjj is a fun sport in that it's kind of body chess
i personally don't like it but i can see how it can be fun

that's what i'm saying, you have be to as strong as possible to be a shot putter, or to be top level at other sports

hell strongman powerlifting and weightlifting are a sport

Thanks familia

How would you program the additional lower body stuff in there, especiay with regards to recovery and such? Would cycling also help for the higher rep lower body stuff? I have to cycle for work anyway

you don't need lower body and core strength
when I went to judo I was the heaviest and strongest there, could easily get up with a dude hanging on my arm, excelled at conditioning drills where you have to push people from one side of the gym to another while hopping on one leg or something etc, but none of that helped when we were rolling on the ground. i could overpower the other guys easily but the problem was that was just delaying the inevitable. they would always win the ground game because they knew how to pass guard or whatever it's called, and planned for it. it was literally chess.

when standing my strength worked a bit better but it mostly helped me ignore attempts to throw/unbalance me. lighter guys could only throw me if I wanted it (and it wasn't because of leg/core strength, they just couldn't unbalance me due to their low weight) but if I wanted to throw someone my strength didn't give me a lot of advantage, and I tried to bullrush that just gave them a very easy and obvious way to throw me. leg grabs are illegal in judo currently I'll remind you.

judo/bjj isn't wrestling, it doesn't depend on strength as much
judo relies on unbalancing much more than on strength
I don't know what bjj relies on but it's definitely not strength either, as long as you're not dyel you're fine

youtu.be/ltntYsoI3j0
Tl;dr it doesn't matter, just run the 4 sessions over a 9 day microcycle.

your experience sounds like its just rolling at your local place. other user wants to complete, and there are weightclasses that invalidate your opinion unless youre fighting in super heavy or unlimited. sure its more about techniques and positioning for throws, but the original question was how to program and not about the usefulness
i would probably do clean pulls and hang cleans at light to moderate weight and do like sets of 4x6 to 8 do hangs before squats and sub cleanpulls in for deadlift on alternating weeks or just doing them if youre not doing deads at all

>explosive lifts
>sets of 6-8

Guna be real explosive there pal

low skill local place would be dependent on strength even more than a high skill competition

Nigga, read Juggernauts training book about BJJ and strength training.

cool. its not his priority, especially for a 1rm, and he will be fatigued from bjj training. even your site for throwers recommends 6-10 for power. they recommend higher weights though, but it sounds like he is having fatigue issues
yes, still the point is he asked for strength training advice, not how effective strenght training would be in his sport

Attached: power.jpg (720x309, 95K)

Is that this one: jtsstrength.com/sport-science-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/?

My gf called me an incel not 90 minutes after we had sex :(

>even your site recommends

Scroll up and read mate.

Lamo

incelmensch

>have sex
>have gf
>still an incel
HOW DO I RID MYSELF OF THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 43K)

Absolutely wrecked. How will you ever recover?

At least one other person agreed, so you know I'm right.

Your dad fucking your mom.

how many IPF points will ashwagandha and horny goats weed give me

bump

Is anonfile working for you guys

Cringe

Whatsa matter, you bend over or somethin

Is that a pedo discord or something?

Something

Brrrpfttssss sploooooooosh sploosh

Wow that was a significant log of Norman khan

Here comes another one

Squuuuuuuiiiisshshhhhhh sploosshplooop splosh

Squish splosh sploooosh sploosh

Just who the fuck is Norman Khan?

Do you even eat and sleep?

160 lbs 6'0 skelleton (former 120 lbs skelleton) here. I'm eating 3000cals and doing 5/3/1 plus boxing on alternate days. I'm having a rough time progressing beyond a 350lbs deadlift. Whenever I have to pull "heavy" I start to feel weak and almost pass out after pulling. Should I eat more, take some supplements, change program...?

Yes, also watch Mike Israetels guide on youtube

been rehabbing patellar tendinopathy in my left knee for the last month and it's improved but not by much

anyone been through this shit, what do i do

Whats up pee ehl gee ?
You up for some mental masturbation?
Lets make an actually sound and effective six days a week push pull legs program.

Ill start with the easy stuff.

>Push = bench day
>Pull = deadlift day
>Legs = squat day

Something like legs,push,pull,rest,legs,push,pull would probably be easiest to recover from

Why?

You don't eat enough. Put lifting and boxing close together like: mo night boxing hard+lift hard. Put everything difficult in the first 2days. Mo-Tuesdsy hard, Wednesday rope jump only, Thursday-Friday light session, Saturday Rope+Dextery training, Sunday off. Prefered nutrition method is Ray Peating.

>10 days vacation
Im gonna lose like 50kg from my total wont i...

No, train hard the weeks before going on vacation and then those 10 days will be like a deload

Do calisthenics to get a good pump and you'll maintain your strength

Tomorrow is my first day back from a 10 day break, I'll tell you how it went when I'm back from the gym.
I feel super good and refreshened now, despite drinking too much every other day and sleeping an average of 4 hours a night and getting the fucking cold in 35 °C weather