Any keto fags wanna fill me in on what the actual fuck is keto and how do i loose weight only eating meat?

any keto fags wanna fill me in on what the actual fuck is keto and how do i loose weight only eating meat?

Attached: 67293158_517328288807426_898740104651731312_n.jpg (937x1170, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V1i-2bixopw
youtu.be/3lSy8gQAfSo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacidosis
youtube.com/watch?v=bXlqFtbqA0Y
bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/6/e010401
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5986484/
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17512433.2018.1519391
youtu.be/z3fO5aTD6JU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah

>loose weight
loose goose noose

Attached: noose.jpg (474x562, 29K)

boose foose toose

youtu.be/V1i-2bixopw
youtu.be/3lSy8gQAfSo

Keto isn't a carnivore diet, every kind of vegetable can be eaten. Just keep carb intake below 50 grams. Make sure you drink plenty of water and don't restrict you're salt intake and you'll skip the unpleasant part of starting the diet. It's pretty good for a short-term fat loss solution since adherence is kinda hard depending on your standard diet.

t. Did keto for 4 months straight. Got cut, looked flat in the muscles, decided that I had no reason to stick to it after I lost the fat.

Keto means eating mostly fats and almost no carbs. Eating too much protein will take you out of ketosis as well because of glycogenesis.

In my experience with keto I was able to eat 30 g of carbs and 200g of protein and still be in ketosis so I'm skeptical of how much protein is actually needed to kick you out of ketosis

Keto is not high protein and is therefore dogshit

I own a blood ketone meter and I tested how much protein I can eat before getting kicked out of ketosis, it takes like 300g of protein before my ketone levels start to drop.

>try keto for a week
>start shitting blood
what the fuck am I doing wrong

How long has it been since you last shat blood?

Also get your stomach pH tested and take enzymes that produce stomach acid.

been stuck at 184 for two weeks anons
>be on keto for a about a month and a half
>drop over 15 lbs pretty quick
>lifts somehow slightly improving
>new pants/shorts I bought fit looser
>but stomach fat still chillin on me belly and weight has been steady
When will I breach into the next level Jow Forums?
So far keto has been awesome but I just want someone to tell me to keep doing what im doing and that my fat will return to magically being burned off again
>also, keeping carbs below 20, have gone over only a few times, maybe over 50 once or twice, maybe not

Attached: 1564186073018.gif (472x264, 1.74M)

imagine how good looking this man would be with hair... and i'm not even gay

Johnny is an icon. I hope to one day come even close to his greatness.

... he still looks good with hair, you think he isn't still slaying puss?

without* fuck im gayass ttired

Don't fucking get into keto.

There are 3 macros, you know that. Carbs, fat and proteins. Carbs are where you get energy quick, fat is a way to retrieve energy (a powerful source of energy) but slower and protein is a shitty caloric source (but used to build muscle).

Keto is about removing all Carbs so you have to rely on fat as your source of calories. Makes sense, no? You'll burn all that undesirable fat and build some muscle.

Well no fucking way, first thing is that you'll need to eat more fat and proteins which already implies some ugly things like cholesterol, higher creatinine... Prepare your urethra to pee some nice stones.

Not only that, when fat is burnt it produces residual acid which has to be processed by your liver. In a decent well balanced diet is no big deal because you don't produce as much acid, but if you are constantly saturating your liver with it... Well, you can imagine what will happen after a couple of months.

Keto is not a healthy thing to do and the first goal of fitnes is health (or should be).
So please, just go and ask a doctor instead of believing what some NEET tells you in a mongolian basket-weaving forum after losing like 7 pounds of water weight in a week.

Keto is a fucking meme diet created for epileptic children. Avoid it.

Cholesterol isn't the enemy to health user

glycogenesis happens as needed and not just from an abundance, while cutting the calorie limit is more important than worrying about over doing it on protein and falling out of ketosis.

your body starts burning triglycerides instead of carbohydrates. that's literally it

>Not only that, when fat is burnt it produces residual acid which has to be processed by your liver. In a decent well balanced diet is no big deal because you don't produce as much acid, but if you are constantly saturating your liver with it... Well, you can imagine what will happen after a couple of months.
source?

Meme diet that kills gains and causes long term health problems. Preached by those with an eating disorder.

yesterday and I only did it like twice

Retarded myth spread after Atkins released his diet book. Ketoacidosis is not caused by keto diets but by diabetis.

Just try it out. The trick is that you do not get hunger spikes and it really works. If you like the diet maybe you can hold a deficit easier. For me this effect went away after maybe 3 months but before that I didn't even count calories because I didn't want to eat.

In the beginning you feel weak and dizzy but after a week or so you'll feel normal. Normal on a keto diet means you will go to the toilet at least eight times a day while being thirsty all the time. Your shit will be scary big but you will need 80% less toilet paper.

Cooking is a pain in the ass though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacidosis

We can disagree on the details, but I'd also say keto is hard on your body. Hospitals actually see this all the time--lots of kidney issues for instance. Also not great to have to cut out fruit, oats, beans, etc, which promote positive health outcomes. I believe a lot of cholesterol results go through the roof because of all the burnt fats from bacon or beef, not simply meat itself.

I did keto for 6 months about two years ago, before it became a real meme.
I lost 82lbs.
The keto diet was basically 20% of it. The other 80% was dedication to it and dedication to a consistent workout routine.
It does require some discipline and i made things easy with the diet by eating the same thing every day. two eggs, sausage, bacon in the morning for 700cal. salmon or a naked burger with cheese for lunch, 500cal. protein shake with two eggs for dinner, 300 or so cal.
it was boring yes, but this isnt meant to be fun. if you need variation to stick to a diet you can do it but using that as an excuse to quit means you werent going to make it anyway. i did get tired of the same meals for months but i saw it as a means to an end and sucked it up.

keto is a means to routine. it does work, and i will say i found routine far easier since i enjoyed the food i ate, thats really the only difference between keto and other diets. i lost 15lbs in my first three weeks. but i attribute that far more to dedication.

the problem isn't cholesterol, but it is having excess LDL-C in the blood which is a sign of incapability of cholesterol metabolism, since LDL-C is the lipoprotein that actually carries cholesterol in the blood towards other tissues
cholesterol is a lipid, lipids don't move around in the blood very well as such they're transported by lipoproteins.
here's the problem, humans in general have a certain ammount of LDL-C receptors in the liver, much lower ammount than what carnivores have.
this is the problem with having too high "cholesterol" in the blood
although a low carb diet can be very healthy I am gonna have to agree that keto diets are simply not as safe as other diets for most people, specially for pregnant women and babies/kids

this is me my cholesterol went down significantly and i was rated in the healthy range even in the middle of keto. i was around 15g carbs a day. cholesterol does not go up, it is far more affected by weight loss than keto.
>didnt want to eat
same, i was 280lbs starting keto but when i dropped to 250 i lost my appetite and ate mainly out of routine. i was around 800cal deficit daily at worst. i usually didnt have breakfast until 2pm. some days i ate only around 1200 cal.

>my cholesterol went down significantly and i was rated in the healthy range even in the middle of keto. i was around 15g carbs a day. cholesterol does not go up, it is far more affected by weight loss than keto.
consider yourself in the minority then, because every single person that I've seen on youtube on a keto diet that wasn't starving has incredibly high cholesterol
you must have been starving, and you were most definitely eating a low ammount of fat judging by your earlier post, it's basically an atkins/carnivore diet and not really a keto diet

you have to admit most youtubers doing this today are most likely trend hopping morons that wont understand how to actually stick to it or arent doing exercise enough. though, i do accept the possibility i was in the minority, but i believe what i said might be more likely

i ate high fat high protein cheap breakfast for the majority of my calories. i cooked only with butter. i did this very cheaply, and the burgers id have for lunch would have plastic american cheese on top of a $10 for 5lbs bag of "meat" patties. i assure you i was eating a high amount of fat.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXlqFtbqA0Y
here's a guy who's lean but has had an LDL-C score of over 600mg/dl on a ketogenic diet

wait is this guy doing keto while lean? why? i thought everyone understood it was for quick weight loss and not permanent?
when i say i "did" keto, i mean it was temporary, made clearer by me saying it was 6 months. i basically eat a pescatarian diet now.

i can see how someone lean would suffer from a diet meant for rapid weight loss. why would he do this? he needs to stop.

me again, meant to add it was obvious to me going in that it wasnt a permanent thing. i should have mentioned that in one of my above posts.

it's purely a mental thing
you convince yourself that if your breath stinks and you're constantly dizzy then it means you're losing weight

wow is carnivore the official BASED diet? I'm about to channel my inner neanderthal

Cholestorol really is NOT the problem though. The idea that cholesterol causes atherosclerosis is outdated science. The newest developments in health research show that the main factor in the development of cardiovascular disease is inflammation, and that inflammation acts UPON cholesterol to cause heart disease, and that cholesterol itself doesn't cause it. In fact there are people with cholesterol levels that are considered normal and even very good that still develop cardiovascular diseases and die of heart attacks.

Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review
bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/6/e010401
>High LDL-C is inversely associated with mortality in most people over 60years. This finding is inconsistent with the cholesterol hypothesis (ie, that cholesterol, particularly LDL-C, is inherently atherogenic). Since elderly people with high LDL-C live as long or longer than those with low LDL-C, our analysis provides reason to question the validity of the cholesterol hypothesis.

Inflammation, not Cholesterol, Is a Cause of Chronic Disease
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5986484/
>In this review, we clarify the roles of risk factors, such as plasma cholesterol and the importance of causative agents for chronic diseases, namely chronic and unresolved inflammation and its manifestations. Instead of cholesterol, targeting and treatment of inflammation will lead to lower side effects in chronic disorders. The overall outcomes and the extensive paradigms of the beneficial effects of the Mediterranean diet against the inflammatory milieu, without any reported side effects so far, have radically shifted attention away from the lipid-centric hypotheses and the subsequent trends for targeting cholesterol towards more effective approaches against inflammation, which is the causative factors of chronic diseases.

And another one specifically on LDL-C

LDL-C does not cause cardiovascular disease: a comprehensive review of the current literature
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17512433.2018.1519391
>The hypothesis that high TC or LDL-C causes atherosclerosis and CVD has been shown to be false by numerous observations and experiments.
>The fact that high LDL-C is beneficial in terms of overall lifespan has been ignored by researchers who support the lipid hypothesis.
> Our search for falsifications of the cholesterol hypothesis confirms that it is unable to satisfy any of the Bradford Hill criteria for causality and that the conclusions of the authors of the three reviews are based on misleading statistics, exclusion of unsuccessful trials and by ignoring numerous contradictory observations.

It looks based, but so fucking expensive. An upper class diet. Beef? I can barely afford chicken!

It's distracting how handsome this guy is. He eats vegan and he looks great, he does keto and he looks great, he's a carnivore and he looks great. There's something uncanny about him.

afaik LDL is a natural response to inflammatory shit in your blood. its "stickiness" is what keeps you from getting increasingly poisoned by circulating toxins--e.g. fried foods, processed sugar, cigarettes, etc.
so i do think it's fundamentally wrong to think only in terms of cholesterol, but if your LDL is way up, that probably means something in your life is not how it should be.

Keto dads, post intakes.

Attached: intake 8-2.png (1292x2388, 411K)

fuckin lebbit need to die.

eat organ meats

Protein on a low carb diet actually raises glucagon which enhances ketogenesis.

The protein limits are a debunked myth.

Ketogenic diets can have as much protein as you want.

Wrong.

>imagine
t. vegan shill

Source?

youtu.be/z3fO5aTD6JU

cheating for the first time tomorrow after 23 days in keto

i can almost taste the cosmic brownie

slayer

Attached: ADAD.jpg (600x600, 59K)

??? Keto diet and Ketoacidosis have the same word in them so they must be related right?
that shit is cause by diabetes you fucking brainlet

>pregnant women or babies
you mean the only people that will produce ketoes even on a low fat diet? A pregnant woman will produce ketones no matter what her diet is

This. i just got back on keto and i've had two salad of kael and spinach today then roasted brocoli and zuccini for diner. Paired well with grilled chicken thighs and a nice roasted trip-tip.
And bonus. I no longer have acid reflux or light-headedness.

there are 2 reasons ldl can be up, inflammation or you are using up a lot of energy and eating low carb.
Only one of those is damaging.

>Keto means eating mostly fats and almost no carbs. Eating too much protein will take you out of ketosis as well because of glycogenesis.

This is bullshit. Gluconeogenesis is demand driven. You can eat two pounds of steak and remain in ketosis the entire time. Lower protein will keep you in a higher level of ketosis, but the idea that protein "kicks you out of ketosis" is simply not true.

newfag. what app is that?

What do you ketards eat in a normal day? I did 80% fat for a week and getting in enough fat was a bit difficult. I would eat avocado, eggs, asparagus, butter in the morning; a salad with a bunch of olive oil midday; and salmon and asparagus with butter in the evening.

not a ketard, but one great benefit is being able to buy the huge super fatty cuts of meat without worrying about calories--pork shoulder, ribs, brisket and so on

You are fat because your fat cells are broken and set to absorb fat and not release it. You are fat, but your body is starving, so it starts breaking down tissues. Sometimes, it fixes by accident, which mean you have a lot of energy stored (now accesible), but need a lot of protein to repair the tissues broken down during the starvation. Which means that you will want to eat a lot of protein and not much else. Doing it the other way, forcing yourself to keto and hoping it will cure you will have no effect.

He's not wrong though

>300g protons
dyel

Attached: hehehe.gif (317x286, 271K)

cronometer