Pull up or chin up?

Pull up or chin up?

Attached: 3A15C5C4-9046-41CC-B527-9A2E6EA4D936.jpg (1200x675, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j8vne7Sm7N0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both

why i can do like 6 chin ups but only one pull up?

neutral grip pullups

Chin if you care about strength and muscle. Pull if you care about advancing into more bar skills.

cause more muscles are involved in a chinup, brainlet

They use the same muscles but rely more heavily on different ones, brainlet

EMG studies show that they both have the same back activation, but pullups have less bicep activation..... So less muscle is involved....

pullups hit triceps senpai

Attached: image0.jpg (611x727, 275K)

Do you know how muscles work?

Brachialis

I browse Jow Forums for this kind of quality fitness advice

>cause more muscles are involved in a chinup, brainlet

>> more muscles
>>> muscles

nice try still a brainlet, get your facts accurate before calling someone else a brainlet

Attached: 1512780605841.jpg (1366x1080, 451K)

what? i thought they were the same
how is he wrong?

See

Muscles= different muscle
muscle = amount of muscle

Pull-up, it can help for muscle-up.
Chin-up are for show.

i feel like pull ups work more the mass on your back, in the sense of density, while chin ups work more on the broadness of the lats.
might be wrong but that's just how I feel doing them

You know exactly what he meant. Maybe you should be practicing to do your second pull-up more than getting worked up over an ESL-user making a typo

Based retard

explain

>Do you know how muscles work?
the funny thing is the triceps actually DOES help chinups. people always forget muscle groups don't have singular purposes. in this case the long head is involved

Attached: Shoulder+Extension+Posterior+Arm.+Triceps+(3+heads)+-long+head+extends.jpg (960x720, 68K)

Except the chin up is a contraction. When you extend your arm you're aided by gravity, making a negligible effort:

I think he means that the truck is working isometrically. You can feel this effect noticably if you've ever attempted single-arm pull-up progressions.

shoulder extension, not arm extension

Attached: post-124670-0-96026100-1481071682.png (443x264, 44K)

Ok I take it back. I'm an uneducated nigger and learnt something new.

chin ups are a bicep exercise better than curls, change my mind

Pull-ups are objectively more difficult.

Preacher curl drop sets or bust

ok, but how wide?

As wide as the sun

if i want bigger back, pull ups
if i want bigger biceps, chin ups

beginner compound lift programs have no proper upper back exercises so i guess pull ups would be the only one?

Depends on what you’re training for. Wider works more lats, closet works more scapula.

Shoulder width or slightly wider with overhand, for chin up, slighty closer than shoulders.

I was doing both but as they grew, I kinda grew tired of Chin Ups.

SS literally wants you to do pull-ups as an accessory.

Do them weighted.

If he hadn't called the guy asking a legit question a brainlet, then yeah I would've ignored it

both

Both, but pullups with get you wide as hell if you do them a lot. I have huge wings from doing insane amounts of pullups for the last 15 years

Neutral grip us still considered a chin up because you can't grip wide with it.

That doesn't make sense. If you weigh 170 lbs, that weight is distributed between your back and arms during a pullup. If one hits the arms harder than logically it must hit the back less than the other.

Pullups for bigger arms and better upper back development

Chin-up vs neutral-grip vs pull-up

Chin Ups

Because big arms > big back

you work both anyway, do some rows too

Clueless fucking dyels.
Do a proper strict pullups for once in your lives and youll feel your triceps activating.

youtube.com/watch?v=j8vne7Sm7N0

I feel triceps and teres major way more in pullups than chinups.

In my gym we just throw this thing on top of the neutral grip handles and voila - wide neutral grip pull-ups.

Attached: ATTACHDBAR_media-01_204d9f5d-4b90-44d3-9e41-7b1d3204f2d7.jpg (1040x1040, 47K)

If i only did chin-ups + rows, what would happen? my lats and upper back are still being worked

Pullups are better for bigger arms.

Theoretically you'll get thicc but not wide

Why? pullups alone wont grow your biceps

chin ups + hammer curl will be better for both biceps and brachialis/brachioradialis

just slightly wider than shoulder width. Everyone who says wider the grip the wider the back is retarded. A wider grip is just less bio mechanically efficient.

>hammer curl will be better for both biceps and brachialis/brachioradialis
Pullups are better for this, and everyone does regular curls already. They also hit the long head of the tricep which is nonexistent in most gym rats.

Based

If you can feel your triceps activating isometrically during a two-handed pull/chin you're the dyel.

i feel my quads when i do chin up

you can wipe grip neutral wtf are you on?

Attached: EAViaV1UwAECon5.jpg (766x323, 65K)

Chins are for biceps and chest, pulls are for back and forearms, I'm pretty sure. I could be wrong but that's always where I feel engagement.
Both are great for developing core strength and grip strength.
As far as calisthenics go, these two are the best

fpbp

Pullups: more upperback, less lats/biceps

Chins: more lats/biceps, less upperback

It really doesn't fucking matter though, just pull yourself up to the bar and do more reps/weight than you did the last time.

Shoulder width chin ups showed similar lat activation compared to pull ups - don't have the link with the study at hand.
But since you can lift more weight with chin ups contributed by bicep supination, it'll add more total work, hence more strength/grow to back/arms.

God I fucking love doing pull ups

no it isn't even a good post.

Pullups and then curls

You can just do weightwd chinups to train your back at the same intensity whilr also building biceps