Lads I just finished C25k and I want to get faster and start running 10k

Lads I just finished C25k and I want to get faster and start running 10k.

Should I get one of those fitness trackers?
If so which one? I don't want to spend too much but I also don't want garbage. Are they even worth it at all?
pic related a fit bit

Attached: 71sSyaf-luL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-fit-e-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

What features do you want?

The Garmin Forerunner series is quite affordable, but at the cheaper ones you don't get a lot of smart watch functionality.

I like to watch my heart rate when I run, so I know if I'm pushing myself too hard or hard enough.

I have a fitbit Charge 2? I think is what its called. Its pretty sick. However, I think the heartbeat may be off just a tad. It also tracks my sleep.

Samsung just released their Samsung Galaxy Fit and Fit-e activity bands.
In Sweden their priced as ~50$ for the Fit-e and ~100$ for the Fit.

>What features do you want?
Heart rate would be good, cadence would be cool but is optional, same goes for calories.
Other than that, speed and distance obviously. I can't really think of anything else I desperately need.

>Garmin forerunner
I don't know about you but for me they are 160ish bucks, I'm a broke student my friend.

Those are still rather pricey, especially if the heart rate is off desu

>Samsung Galaxy Fit
That actually seems really good, does it only work with samsung phones? Otherwise I think I might get that if you can recommend it

Fitness tracker is a nice marketing term. Most of those are just an overpriced knot around your finger for lazy soccer moms. If you have a smart phone you just need to pick up a heartrate monitor and then you have everything one of those does as far as running goes. There's something to be said for dumping money into a new toy as motivation for exercise, but that's about all they really do.

Almost all fit watches are slightly off for heart rate. They are most accurate when in cardio. But the more expensive ones have lower chance of being off.

>That actually seems really good, does it only work with samsung phones? Otherwise I think I might get that if you can recommend it

You can download the Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health app on any Android phone.
I got the cheaper Fit-e just to track steps, HR during the day and sleeping patterns.
It can also show notifications for messenger/snapchat etc.
So I'm quite pleased with it for 50$.

Also, don't masturbate with the hand you're wearing it on. I clock in quarter miles during sessions sometimes.

techradar.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-fit-e-review

What's my cheapest option for one with a gps

This. Runkeeper or Strava partnered with a hr monitor like the wahoo is genuinely all you really need. Especially if you’re looking for the most cost effective method.

Is there any smart watch with the same design as the apple watch that i can put music on it?

The cheapest way to get that is to buy an armband for your phone and use an app for tracking.

>wahoo
that bad boy costs 50 bucks if im not mistaken, what would be better about getting that and strava instead of ?

You can buy a Bluetooth heart rate monitor for your chest for 50$ and connect it to your phone/app.

But I wouldn't want to go around with one of those all day, but I strap one on when I go for a run with my old Garmin Forerunner.

>You can buy a Bluetooth heart rate monitor for your chest for 50$ and connect it to your phone/app.
Yeah but I can also buy a bluetooth wrist thing for 50 bucks and connect it to my phone/app that will do essentially the same things if not more

Wahoo is probably slightly more accurate than a wrist mounted hr monitor but more importantly with duvet options like the galaxy fit-e you don’t actually get gps, so if you want to properly track your runs you’re going to have to bring your phone with you anyway.

>so if you want to properly track your runs you’re going to have to bring your phone with you anyway
I already do that to listen to music. So since that is the case, it doesn't really matter if i get the fit-e or wahoo right?

Here is my current setup. I use the watch to time my runs, the music player must be connected to a separate bluetooth module because chink bt tech is shitty. Won't connect to my airpods unless I have the separate module. It works perfectly, I can hold thousands of songs and it almost never disconnects. It's just a bit of a hassle to make sure everything is charged. I clip the player onto my waistband and the bt module hangs in my pocket.

Now, where can I find a watch that holds thousands of songs that also has bluetooth 5.0 that works with airpods? I know I could get an apple watch, but I don't want to spend that much. I don't care about any other features, I just want it to play music.

Attached: IMG_20190802_140007413.jpg (4032x3024, 437K)

Might as well go for the wahoo and get better hr readings in that case