Best piece to time rests between sets

So I was tired of using my phone to time rest between sets and bought this cheap fw91. To my surprise it doesn't have a countdown function, I went to research and found out the function is in the watch but Casio purposely disables it so the G-shock line is more enticing to buy. Apparently you can enable the cd function by opening it and soldering something but ain't nobody got time for that.

So what equipment apart from a phone do you guys use?

Attached: 21-18-23-220px-Casio_F-91W_digital_watch.jpg (220x263, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Casio-F201WA-9A-Multi-Function-Alarm-Sports/dp/B002J4UBJA
muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-plan?day=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An apple watch

I just stare autistically into nothing and be thankful that I'm part of the majority race in my country t b h

wtf is wrong with using your phone? why did you think an ancient technology would be better?
get a smartwatch or a memebit so you can track cardio gains as well

A phone is just a nuisance imho

a Hamilton Jazzmaster

Not for long lul

i have a Casio AE1200 and it has a timer. Comes in several different colors

Attached: Casio.png (570x923, 461K)

>Glass nearby heavy metal
Wtf I love jannies now

Timer =/= countdown

Just use the force. Use the time to reflect on things.

I just stare at the wall clock, but sometimes i close my eyes like a retard

amazon.com/Casio-F201WA-9A-Multi-Function-Alarm-Sports/dp/B002J4UBJA
>countdown timer

Thanks bro

I use a similar cheap chunk o plastic Casio. I just use the stopwatch and check it every once in a while.

Yeah for resting this is fine but if you want timed exercises it sucks

Look at the watch when you finish your set, workout what time to begin your next one and wait, checking it every so often.

How much should I rest between sets? I don't like autistically taking up space so I do about 1m15s between sets.

About 5 to 10 minutes to hit the big boy numbers.

2 min max or you're just being a dick.
3 min is fine for 1RMs, though.

1 min and less you're basically just doing cardio, or alternatively appear like you're so uncomfortable in the gym that you just want to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Depends on how much you need. I do at least 1:30, or up to 3:00. Some people will take as long as 5:00, anything beyond that is just wasting time.

I'm just starting out (1st week) so I do mostly dumbbell and machines. Any comments on this routine? muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-plan?day=5
I supplement with tricep dips and hammer curls as well.

With 5x5 after the first set I rest 3:30min and then +30 sec. after each consecutive set.

1. 3:30 2. 4:00 3. 4:30 4. 5:00 5.

wow what bullshit. I use a cheap ass timex expedition. Like $30 on amazon.

i have one too, it does have a countdown timer. from 1 second to 24 hours

>2 min max or you're just being a dick.

Post lifts

Attached: Disappointed Pikachu.jpg (407x286, 14K)

i use the clock on the display screen on my vape

Don't buy a GymBoss. I bought two and they both stopped working within like a month.

Weird, I had the same discovery. I still use the stopwatch function and it works fine.

>tfw the only reason I bought this was because Osama Bin Laden wore it

Just buy an Apple Watch

I have this watch. One day someone told me it's Osama's watch. I got a new boss a few weeks ago, he has the same watch. He compliments me on the watch, my aspergers self tells him it's Osama's watch. He thinks I only got it for that reason. Everyone at work thinks I'm weird now.

I have the world time one. It’s a sharp watch

The watch has a timer... what the fuck is the difference between a timer and a countdown

OP is too much of a brainlet to count up apparently.

You can get an amazing G Shock for like 60$ if not even less.

Are you serious? Just use the fucking stopwatch function.

Attached: 1498552109791.jpg (269x211, 8K)

Does not it interfere with your grip when doing something like a pullup? I like watches, but I don't wear one during a workout.

Do timed exercises until failure then. Papa Jeff will approve.

I think he means he wants to set timer for, say, one minute and then get a beep when a minute passes. A kitchen timer pretty much, that's what op should use.

F91Ws are pretty small, almost child sized, so probably not.