/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

Attached: 1A72130A-ACB2-41B1-92B2-664EE6A0E0EE.jpg (1024x683, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaZXPx1kdtg
youtube.com/watch?v=V2hlQkVJZhE
youtu.be/0Sz2dlu1xN0
youtube.com/watch?v=xuB4buMWEfQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*sucks ur dick*

Attached: heterosexual.png (446x443, 334K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PaZXPx1kdtg

home gym master race, blasted this my entire session today

Rippletoe’s meet is being streamed on youtube

How the fuck do you squat with a belt? I just got one and it's amazing for OHP and DL but I keep pinching my belly on squats.

Could've been blasting this*
youtube.com/watch?v=V2hlQkVJZhE

that means youre caving your chest and rounding your back

Congratations, youve found a major flaw in your squat

I don't think that's it senpai. The problem happens regardless of weight, even at 50% 1RM.

Major form flaws do not necessarily happen on only heavy weights

>Optimally dosed supplements

This is the shit I'm talking about. "OH SOME STUDY SAYS YOU SHOULD TAKE 3.68 OUNCES OF CREATINE 37.5 MINUTES BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR WORKOUT GIB MONEY PLOX!!1!" And he's basing that sort of stupid shit on the same sort of stupid shit that had him telling everyone they should be doling out for BCAA's until it became obvious that BCAAs weren't any more effective than simple whey protein and he looked like a retard.

I already left for the day so I'll be nack Tuesday for a form check I guess. I would think I'd notice bad form with a 465 1RM and not getting snapped to hell.

And now a threadly, but non-spamming, non-trolling, obviously on-topic reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

Using a belt hurts at first (if you sit to pee). Get used to it.

post mma discord servers

Attached: 3e4a5c809b9242a5f39dce35437bb80c60441be4.jpg (480x719, 63K)

I bet he argued on Reddit about it like a champ though.

He is SUCH a closeted fag.

Dubs and I go to the dentist (his sister) and fondle her tits.

>fit

fuck it
ill just eat and go sleep

recovery gains

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

>POSER (POsitively Shitbrained Evermediate Roleplayer)
Talks about powerlifting like he's a powerlifter, yet has never done a powerlifting meet.

are TCHADs and SUMOs exclusive?

>looking at belts
Over 100 quid for a bit of leather? Jesus lads, is it really worth it?

I identify with eating ass. There is something to licking a supple balloon knot when you're all hopped up from a good workout.

Get a good one and you'll never have to buy another unless you want something different.

just use a rubber car mat and a rachet strap.

Very much worth it. Will last you a lifetime

GDE here w herniated L5/S1, 6 months unable to sit/walk long enough to buy my own groceries. 6 months healed from that, I'm mostly pain free but fragile as fuck.

Any of u lunks ever snap your shit, and make it back to lifting heavy?

Attached: 08d2670bbb8c2d11d6f5918b9135e401a06897291543bf04f185dceccaa50816.gif (241x210, 179K)

Herniated L5 too, took 9 months from injury to go from the empty bar to squat and deadlift PRs.

I could barely move my legs for a day after I did it.

Squish SPLOSHSPLOSHSPLOSHSPLOSHSPLOOP SPLOSHS SPLAADH SPLOSHSPLOSH

oh no this steak I ate must have went bad because I am spewing liquid Norman khan

Aka Norman khannarhea

I also jacked up my disc 25 months ago and haven’t made it back to even bench pressing, let alone squat or deadlift

Everyone’s different though

What the fuck is a quid lmao this isn’t Harry Potter you onions boy fuck

>paintball
gay

Attached: sim.png (682x770, 170K)

You made it back though? Conv dead and backsquat? I'm a lanky faggot w no potential to leave humanity behind, so plan was to do front squat and cap my deadlift working weighy at 3 plate, once I'm back

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king

Attached: 1525986507639.png (270x344, 52K)

Shoo

Attached: 1564453780254.png (697x468, 194K)

>lifetime

Wrong

Attached: 8DEBD1CD-B13F-49BD-BD50-2AA1591D1905.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

>lose some weight fatty
>go down a hole
No problem???

Had pretty much the same size for the last decade, ain’t changing now

I'm not a SHW though

Neither am I, although granted you’ll probably never get to me level of dedication and strength level so you might not need to worry about it

going paintballing for the first time in a year tomorrow, bought my self a new marker because my shitty pump is boring to play with.

I took a week off then started with the bar and did loads of lower back work, going as far as my pain threshold would allow. I realised when I got back up to 4 plate that I had an issue with the nerve which had caused my left hamstring glute and calf to switch off, I couldn't stand on my toes or lock out a deadlift without spinning at the top.

Im tall with a narrow frame, not genetically gifted.

Limiting yourself will just make you weak, and the fact your even considering it is weak minded.

How many steroids are you taking these days?

>bench 200 and pull 300+ on low dose roids
>not genetically gifted

>Everyone’s different though
Haha ok trans-herniated

>me level of dedication and strength level
180kg squat lyfe, amirite?

Try trying

U fellas ever get a hamstrings cramp so bad that it affects your deadlift for the entire week

M-Me neither haha

Uh when I was like 15 or 16 I was squatting that lol

>bench 200

This is news to me, do you have a video?

And I actually pulled 300 before steroids.

Either way, my frame is not built for lifting, I have narrow hips and small ankles/knees/wrists, I was 60kg when I started!

>going as far as my pain threshold would allow
this seems like a terrible idea for injury recovery.

user from another thread posted this TM template,

>Upper 1:
Bench 5x5/3x8
Press 3x8/5x5
Back
Triceps

Lower 1:
Squat 5x5
Deadlift Variation 3x5 (or whatever)
Back
Abs

Upper 2:
Bench 5x1/3-5rm
Press 3-5rm/5x1
Back
Triceps

Lower 2:
Squat 5rm > 5x1
Deadlift 5rm > 1x2
Back
Abs

Anything I should change? 5x5 working off 80% 1rpm? I'm a few pages into PPFST

Huh, I must have you mixed up with someone else. How much do you bench?
>pull 300 natty
>not genetically gifted

What about when you were 23, at your prime?

Find a better hobby 4u

>pull 300 while having a 210 squat and 140 bench

Mate, everyone deadlifts 300 now its not impressive anymore.

I was talking about sciatic pain, cant really do any damage doing unweighted hypers.

Singles = 90%
5RM = 80%
5x5 = 70%
3x8 = 60%
According to the book, as a good place to start without burning yourself out 3 weeks in.

Yes peak strength, unmatched by today’s noobs

I lose my virginity on Monday and I can't sleep :)

Blessed post

The progressive overload is the pr at the end of each week i'm guessing, so I wouldn't touch the %tages of the first two heavy days, unless i got bored. Thanks for your help user.

That's what you get for being poor and buying a shit belt.

Really? What total did you hit and at what competition?

Nice blog *psyche*

Retard girl told me to hang out with her someday
Hehehe

t. retard

if you want a username go back to rebbit you weak faggot

Brian Carroll

Gift of Injury/The Back Mechanic

this is the username you're replying to btw. these are the kind of grotesque losers that use tripcodes on Jow Forums.

Attached: lmao ffs.jpg (310x366, 20K)

no motivation to lift today

Attached: dark times .jpg (480x360, 20K)

i kinda like the cramps desu. hurts in a good way

Took my gf to the gym today and taught her how to press, squat, deadlift and do lunges.
It was fun but it made me not actually do my own training as I had to coach her.

get to gym faggot
youtu.be/0Sz2dlu1xN0

i there. just was slow getting into it. hit my 7pl8 dead and 3x5 snatch grips. upper back still shit. leg press and squats now

>7pl8 dead
bullshit

How do you guys do your rows?

>7pl8
monkaMEGA

youtube.com/watch?v=xuB4buMWEfQ
im about to get there, then at 11 i have to go to work

just regular bent over rows
i try not to cheat too much
weight will be like 2plates for some reps 5-8
I also drop weight a bit for last sets and really get dat dere lat contraction going

i dont bother going parallel to floor with body and i use pronated grip

bent over power and strict, chest supported, cable, machine, etc. i rotate them and try to stay in 4 sets of 6-8 reps. like chest supported the best though
not available

Attached: 20190803-155649 675.jpg (1080x1920, 155K)

What does training at that level look like?

Samefag. Also a Chinese manlet who has never once posted body/lifts because he doesn't lift because it's Hank.

Attached: Moments Ago.jpg (213x256, 7K)

sbd and aback day. accessories target weak pounts. pretty simple, but highly dependent on how my body is feelin

So 4 days a week? What about volume and intensity? What does your progression look like?

Wait hold on, I think I misunderstand. You train each powerlift on a separate day?

yes and no depending. today was
deadlift singles to 7pl8
3x5 deficit snatch grip at 5pl8
3x10 maxed leg press machine
box squats 3x5 at 4pl8
next leg day will be wed and ill do squat for probably 5x5 working from 5 to 6pl8 without a belt as long as i can then do rdls, and core depending on time, since i usually only have an hour on work days.
progressions been good. since doing a dedicated back day and training simpler and less lifts, ive went since December
bench 450 to 515
squat wrapped 635 to 700
dead : 700 to 735
ill probably get flack on program, but less variations, less lifts a workout, more sleep, and beet nutrition has helped more than anything ive done prior

When do you decide to go for PRs?

13 july. i went to osaka and tokyo for 2 weeks

Attached: chiyomaru.jpg (3840x2160, 779K)

I mean how often?

>ut highly dependent on how my body is feelin
ah then you do RPE training

3pl8 deadlifters BTFO

>bench 450 to 515
what do your benching days look like

for bench once every few months maybe. squat and dead i hadn't maxed since probably january when i was figuring out where i was.
lockout is weak so tomorrow is 4x4 bench with bands
cable rows 3x8-10
seated smith machine ohp 3x8
lat lull down
facepulls with band

>lockout is weak so tomorrow is 4x4 bench with bands
>cable rows 3x8-10
>seated smith machine ohp 3x8
>lat lull down
>facepulls with band
hmm doesnt seem like theres much actual bench work

I forgot did you roid?

4x4 with working weight at 405 and up will be enough for that workout. this is the first week back to training and im easing in.
no. im 6'4 and went from 270 to 290. ive though about it though for after im done in the army and back in the us if itll take me to 900 600 900. i dont know any sources and the potential to die at 45 kind of scares me. life is going too well to throw it away early

Can someone post that tier list of programs to follow?

Why? it's a meme

I mean if you go back to the us your numbers would go up anyway. Doubt that being in the army is optimal for progress

But yeah at hat height weight roiding prob not a great idea for your health. Altho there are safer options like SARMs and shit but that stuff isnt labgrade yet

Just do sheiko x hepburn bro

Whats plgs approved stack of supplements

I'm already doing Juggernaut, I was wondering if there was a legit tier-list out there

programming is a joke

Attached: 1561327878784[1].png (709x690, 52K)

Imo i think its individual you just gotta try different shit till you find what works and even that will stop working in 2 3 months its annoying

trt dose of test
Whey

You dont need anyrhing else unless you have a measured deficiency. Spend your money on good food and good equipment instead

What are your

>lifts
>height
>weight

Post em

Get a pioneer belt, it's very worth it. Inzer is overrated and gay.