Been stuck at 1pl8 bench for a while now, pain in my wrists or shoulders prevents me from adding more weight...

Been stuck at 1pl8 bench for a while now, pain in my wrists or shoulders prevents me from adding more weight. Whats preventing me from advancing?

Attached: 1448364582646.gif (300x300, 1020K)

being a bitch boy loser

Incredible i didnt realize

i got stuck at 185 and one day was so fucking pissed that i was still stuck that i autism raged and gripped the bar as hard as i fucking good and (i'm serious about the autistic rage part) tightened everything on my body to the point that my lats and even quads almost started cramping, but I performed many reps like that, all good clean form with control, it was amazing.

i realized that i just wasn't "ratcheted up" or tight. Not only was my grip typically weak but i wasn't squeezing the shoulder blades back and down nearly hard enough, i wasn't tensing up the biceps and lats (which are the antagonist muscles for the bench) and i had NO leg drive what-so-ever, which I learned later that the leg drive and back arch done properly pins you into the bench so you can further maintain that shoulder retraction.

Just rambling now, but hope this helps. Get tight. 185 seems like a weak little bitch weight now looking back. Would be sad for you to give up at 135.

what is your routine, are you doing accessories, how are you eating and sleeping, height and body weight?

Have you been fapping?

Literally you are not trying hard enough. When you are still a lifting noob you have to challenge yourself when you plateau, you will be amazed at how your body can adapt. Just add 5lbs to your sets, keep your form tight and apply yourself. Also make sure you are eating enough and getting sleep (this is a given of course).

You have to test your limits to advance.

Genetics

Ahh ok that makes sense
Will do that

>Whats preventing me from advancing?
Effort.

Check your form if you have pain

Most likely your form, next time try grasping the bar more firmly and bring your elbows inwards

Doing rotator cuff warmups before my chest and shoulder work helped me get rid of my shoulder pain

More face pulls sir

Stop eating carbs, go on a meat only diet.
Literally the only thing that has helped me gain strength is dropping carbs.

How many reps do you do?
>too many reps can cause exhaustion before testing limits
Furthermore, what are your sets like?

I typically do my bench sets with this formula : 8x[S+(n-1)5kg] (where S = starting weight) (5kg=11pounds)

8xS
8x(S+5)
Other exercises
8x(S+10)
8x(S+15)
Other exercises
8x(S+20)
8x(S+25)
Until my limit, then
10x limit (with internal autistic rage)(or dedicate my lifts to Beebo or Craig-picrelated, thinking "i am nothing, i feel nothing")

When i feel doing 10x limit is easy, i raise the starting weight and try for limit+5

Attached: YvQN4az.png (1583x3387, 532K)

Fear

Attached: 1563207757343.jpg (1446x1080, 343K)

get a spotter and try suicide grip. my retarded genetics make it uncomfortable to wrap my thumb around the bar doing any kind of pushing exercise as well as making curls less effective. suicide took away the pain, helped my form, and allowed me to do more weight.

More volume and chin ups

Hi idk if you're still looking for advice friend but i suggest you spend 55 buckaroos on a mark bell slingshot. It helps with the pain and helps you lift more

Eat more