How bad is alcohol for gains

I know it fucks with protein synthesis and is just liquid calories but how bad is it

Attached: Poland.jpg (831x734, 123K)

depends how much you drink.

If you're on any serious plan, don't drink more than once or twice every few months.

honestly?

if you're trying to go for any insane BF% goal or dieting in general its pretty bad, like one crazy night being the equivalent of 2/3 cheat days bad

and its the bad kind of fat too that you get, which is even worse

god forbid if you're one of the unlucky 20% that are genetically predisposed to being an alcoholic and have to find out the hard way

spent probably 3-5 years in denial about it and it just got worse, ruined my Jow Forums, ruined relationships, pretty shit desu desu

Good luck user

depends. i used to try to fit it in my calories for the day but felt like i was starving myself. now tolerance is down and 1-2x a month. it's much easier now that i'm not in college. also like weed but not as satisfying as alcohol

>russophobes
People who exhibit fear for the integrity of their democratic process from Russian meddling.

It's terrible if you want to be lean
You drink, that's calories
The alcohol makes you hungry, you eat shitty food because alcohol impairs your judgement, you take in even more calories
Then, if you drank hard enough, you wake up the next day starving and eat shitty hangover food

t. drumpftard

Just drink the fucking beer bro.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're in your 20s and have some sort of social life outside of fucking Jow Forums. If your friends invite you to the bar, go drink.

You can still be Jow Forums.

You are always going to make it. Just like the rest of us.

Hey how’d that report proving how guilty Trump is go over?

>god forbid if you're one of the unlucky 20% that are genetically predisposed to being an alcoholic and have to find out the hard way
Holy fuck this, I basically lost my 20s to the party meme and I fucking hate myself for it. Luckily with friends, family and a lot of patience from both with my multiple relapses I'm finally clean and on track to getting Jow Forums. But Christ almighty when I think of the years I lost...

>user lost years to partying at the expense of his body
>Most other anons train their body so they will get invited to parties

Attached: allSeeingEye.jpg (152x225, 10K)

Alcohol is bad for the soul

Attached: salazar.bmp.jpg (262x384, 16K)

Blessed user is blessed.

Yeah make it into hell.

Attached: Capture.png (515x182, 29K)

If anything do tonic water and a clear liquid, gin vodka. That’s it
Everything else is 100% bad and worse if cut with energy drinks or sugary drinks/chasers.
Just don’t drink.
If you hang out with people who shame you for not drinking those aren’t your friends they’re pure low energy faggots this is also 100% too.
There is no rule that says you need to drink. A few hours of feeling buzzed Isn’t worth it for the true gains goblin it is. You can go deeper into why it’s bad but who cares it just is. Like... do you know what dark liqueurs are cut with? Certain chemicals and fermentation enzymes can inhibit fat loss etc

Just fit it into your calories and it's not horrible. You need to have willpower of steel even while drunk not to chase it with a bunch of shit food though.

PROTIP: It's quite literally impossible to live a life free of sin, so you're 100% definitely going to hell... I mean, if hell exists which it probably doesn't lmao

Alcohol on a weekly basis ain't going to do shit. I've been at my leanest when I was drinking 4-5 hobbo strong beers (>10%) once or twice a week.

As long as you do your workouts and you have your nutrition in check, one or two weekly nights out are going to be harmless.

T. Jacked and lean drunk retard.

Ukrainian saying: You’re not a drunkard if you still say cheers before each drink

it may be impossible
but salvation is not

came here to post this

If you're Polish being a "russophobe" is very understanding. Just like fearing s Muslim invasion in Western Europe.

This. Wasted most of my 20's being an functioning alcoholic. Balloon to 235 pounds at a manlet (5'6). I put the bottle down and lost 80 pounds in 6 months with two hour workouts a day, and 1200 calorie diet. I'm 29 now and felt like I just wasted the most important 10 years of my life. It fucking sucks man

I have a friend who drinks more than anyone I know and is also more buff than anyone I know. Truly a 99th percentile body. He's kind of the spitting image of a chad desu. He eats clean as hell and goes to the gym everyday though, so you probably need to be more disciplined than you are if you want to drink often.

it's pretty bad desu
the thing about fucking protein synthesis is a bit of a meme, I started lifting while being an alcohol (like 1 bottle and a half of wine a day, at night) and still put on some muscle. I paid attention to my diet, however. BUT if you're trying to shed bodyfat, it will definitely hamper your progress. Your liver puts cleaning out alcohol from your body as the number one priority (as it should, it's practically poison) and leaves burning fat as fuel for later. So even if you're starving, your body is still cleaning out alcohol and won't use that much fat for fuel. Also, if you have mixed drinks, you're fucked, they're chock full of refined sugar. I've quit drinking daily, limiting it to once a week at most now and I've shed 3kg without doing anything at all, abs are showing too. Also, lifting while hungover is horrible.

tl;dr: alcohol is 100% a gains goblin if using it daily, even sparingly, it will hamper your progress.

Puritans gtfo

Attached: FB_IMG_1564757614129.jpg (960x954, 83K)

Don't be a fucking idiot. You can have a pint every thursday that aint making you a drunkard.

One drink a night I've noticed almost no change in body composition or performance.
More than that or getting drunk fucks my shit up for days to a week