Occasional reminder tha boxing DOES NOT teach you how to fight

- boxing has fighters wear massive pillows on their hands so they can cover up their face
- boxing protects the hands from injury, which would easily break during overhands to the skull if you were to fight bare-knuckle
- in a real fight the punches would either slip right through your guard or push your own hands against your face, no pillow in between
- MMA suffers from the same problems as above, but to a lesser degree
- not even getting into lack of elbows, knees, kicks, take-downs and submissions, I mean that's too obvious, boxing is a poor representation of real punching-only stand-up fights

Attached: old-timey-boxing-stance.png (2022x908, 2.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQ6yNXQXYrg
youtube.com/watch?v=EorJNC_vmDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf I hate boxing now

This is still essentially boxing:
youtube.com/watch?v=qQ6yNXQXYrg

t. clueless idiot

>bare knuckle
>use hand wraps

Well it's obvious you've never boxed before...

you better not fight a boxer on the street, just saying.

nigger, you're a dumbass nigger

I've done muay thai for years before taking up boxing.

I don''t wanna type a lot right now in the morning, so all I'll say is that OP is a faggot.

fucking lmao if you think getting hit by this monster isnt going to hurt twice as much because he knows how to punch hard

HOWEVER

irl some cunt could just kick your kneecaps in or hit you in the back of the head with a blunt object

however being built and knowing how to generate force is never a bad thing when it comes to survival

Attached: George_Foreman.jpg (3400x2200, 945K)

common misconception. handwraps actually support the wrist from fatigue. the muscles and tendons at the base of your hand, front and back, will get incredibly weak and tired and a prolonged fight

striking/grappling/ground work is best combo for a balanced fighter and beat """mostly""" anyone

Attached: 1561744122372.webm (640x640, 2.77M)

Go find your local boxing champ and challenge him to a no-rules, 1v1 street fight right there and right then.
Make sure you film it for posterity.

The reality is in a real fight on the street only a moron follows rules rather than do whatever they need to in order to win, that being said a good boxer who can evade/dodge or even take hits will probably do better against some untrained dyel who at most has been in 3 fights where all he did was hug his opponent tightly.

>Boxing doesn't work cause you protect your hands
>Judo doesn't work cause you have a gi
>Kicks don't work cause you're wearing shoes in a streetlights
>But trust me bro, eye pokes are dangerous.
All of these opinions are those of a fat retards who've never been in a fight.

whatever.

Boxing as with most martial arts is harder than fighting. Fighting varies so much but its generally pretty low end messy stuff. A good boxer shouldn't have any problems.

Lol

You aim for their chin not their forehead anybody who knows bone structure will get this.
Boxers are fast.
Just close your guard more and you use your arms to block like most
Boxer learn.
It will usually be two hits and a normie would be out by anybody who knows how to one two or 3 piece someone.
You can just use a lighter for reinforcement of your fist.
Use your footwork to hit attacker and get out to avoid strikes
There are so much more variables but that’s my counter

>Break lighter
>Rub fluid over hands
>Use back-up lighter to set hands aflame
>Fire Fists of Fury

>taking out the horse right against a brick wall
Fucking shitskins

MMA guy with his base in grappling here, I eat boxers for breakfast. I sparred in the octagon with my box club buddies (MMA rules) and even without grappling I got to them quickly.

Boxers do not know leg kicks, elbows and clinch and will in a real fight undoubtably get btfo. Their striking however is more accurate and I respect that.

In a real fight I would just choke them from the feet kek

It doesn't hit the wall to be fair.

You make some good points but you're also forgetting that boxers learn to slip punches, feint, move etc. The average person has no idea how to do any of the above and generally will go into a complete panic the second someone starts throwing punches at them. Obviously boxing is boxing and fighting is fighting but there's overlap

>Boxers do not know leg kicks, elbows and clinch and will in a real fight undoubtably get btfo

A real fight against who? How many people in streetfights are throwing legkicks, elbows, and then properly clinching?

youtube.com/watch?v=EorJNC_vmDY
>tapping to leg kicks

That's not a fight, it's a Muay Thai match

cope

Based

It's a horse not a puppy you pussy.

You saw that thing fling its fucking head back. A few inches and that horse's brain would have shrapnel

Nigger do you realize how thick a horse's skull is?

Do you realize how much force a thrashing horse generates? That skull is going to break before the bricks do, retard

>people doing what they have to in order to provide for their family
>noooo don't hurt the aminal :(((
Fuck you, go tell the lions to stop eating the zebra.

Yeah, I'm sure Pedro is gonna really be able to support his family when his boss fires his ass for turning a perfectly healthy horse into a drooling pile of live dog food

Based

And giv3 instructions to somebody you trust to upload it after your funeral services

How retarded are you that you think you can go easy on a horse? It's a fucking horse, it'll cave your skull in effortlessly and you're over here like "noooo, be gentle, horsey a good boy who dindu nuffin".

Like you, some random asshole, know more about horse handling than the steppe people who've been doing longer than Christianity has been around.

There's a difference between "going easy" on the animal and being smart enough to not be trying to knock it over inches from a brick fucking wall. You don't need generations of pastoral knowledge to know that having you or horse flung head first at a wall more structurally sound than your dumbass is an unnecessarily stupid in terms of risk.

And if you look, that horse can be lead away from the wall by the time the dude checks its legs. But what do I know, I just worked on a family ranch growing up

Out of 100 random people I'll even be generous and say only men aged 18-35 how many of them do some sort of exercise at least 4 days a week?
How many lift?
How many have any fight training at all even hs wrestling?
I'm dyel and only had middle school wrestling experience, but I could easily btfo at least 70 % of randos I come across.
That said anyone who actively does any sort of MA would destroy me, and most people in the city are melanin enhanced so likely have guns/knives/ or would only attack 5/1

These guys are more active thant 80% of UFC "fights".

boxing a joke. I just stick a chap head into cement
top of the morning to ya

I've been boxing for 7 years. Give me a single reason why my simple jab cross and good head movement wouldn't destroy you in a fight. You think you can win with eye pokes and wrestling? Autism.

>t. never been in a real fight

This ain't boxing retard, there's a reason no one jabs in a street fight.

boxing is good for coordination, timing, foot work, general awareness, stamina, defensive strategies, quickness in general

six months at a legit boxing gym with a legit boxing coach and you'll make short work of anybody who challenges you to a street fight (but if that ever happens you should probably just run away it's very easy to die in a street fight or kill)

Post ranch, you LARPing faggot

Literally the only boxing skill that doesn't carry over is blocking. Parrying, dodging, countering, and punching all obviously carry over.

>You think you can win with eye pokes and wrestling?
Yes.

Attached: Daniel_Cormier_x_Derrick_Lewis.0.jpg (1200x800, 109K)

The most important skill you can learn for a fight is the ability to remember your training and not blank out when the fight starts. Boxing gives you this because you spar in any good boxing gym. Boxing also gives you good coordination and head movement.
These two are right. Boxing gives you a ton of skills that carry over. A boxer may loose a fight to someone who knows leg kicks or whatever, but they beat 99% of people. Boxing is exactly what you need for most street fights because it's what most people try to do. When fighting bare knuckle, boxers just need to adjust the location of their punches so they don't break their hands, which is easy for anyone with training, the same way I can adjust my wrestling shot so I don't break my knee on concrete.

>be you
>insane guy on street is aggro
>you decide to fight
>he dives on you and stabs you 48 times in the gut, 12 times in the face, cuts off your genitals and puts them in your mouth

because i slip it the jab, step inside and break your false ribs because i'm not here to win by a flashy knockout, i'm here to give you a tension hemothorax

Not that user. What's wrong with a jab in a street fight? Wouldn't it be helpful in setting up a second more powerful strike?

>has never been punched with a boxing glove
dilate more mmafag

Boxings super good for conditioning and endurance training.

Friendly reminder that you can avoid 50% of all fights by not being a nigger, and 50% by not acting like one.

Is that black Scooby?

George Foreman was very strong but he admitted Earnie Shavers punched like a freight train, he just lacked the skill and defense that other hardpunchers like Iron Mike Tyson and Sonny Liston had. Rocky Marciano, statistically is the greatest heavyweight boxer in history... and he was incredibly powerful and intentionally used his incredible strength to confuse opponents by attacking them from convoluted and unorthodox stances and angles.

But Shavers is probably the hardest hitter in history.

of course they don't you retard, they're boxers. like wtf, did you graduate from school without any critical thinking ability? trick question, of course you did.