Hey Jow Forums, trainer here...

Hey Jow Forums, trainer here. I have about half an hour to kill so ask me any fitness related questions and i will do my best to answer everything.

Attached: faceofgod.jpg (261x195, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vthMCtgVtFw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm getting old and my wrists hurt even with wraps. What should I do about it faggot?

Hurt fingie, what should I workout tonight, can’t make fist.

Attached: D4F81F70-5B0A-43B7-A2C3-3D53A55C78F8.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

What do I do instead of deadlifts if my lower back is fucky?

What routine should I do in the bodyweight park? Currently thinking of doing:
superset of 3xfailure pullups and 3xfailure pushups
superset of 3xfailure bodyweight rows and 3xfailure incline pushups (feet up)

Femanon here.
Which is better for weight loss and toning? Cardio first then lifting or vice versa? Or does it matter?
Rank from most based to meme-est:
>IF
>extended fasting
>OMAD

Try doing flexibility exercises for your wrists, maybe do some pullup bar hangs at the end of your workouts once or twice per week. You probably lift heavy so you should try to give your wrists as much time as possible to recover between workouts

I swim/freedive twice weekly for ~2 hours, and but don't really know categorize the exercise.
also, is losing 2 kg in 3 weeks normal when halving snacks/soda intake and having semi daily exercise?

That looks painfull user.
You can do a lower body workout without gripping the bar tightly or use machines for today.
You're gonna make it

>51844788
Please define fucky for me

Probably bait but i'll give a serious answer anyway.
Lifting is more important when it comes to any fitness goal, you should always strive for increased muscle mass, even when it comes to losing fat, more muscle means higher metabolic rate, thus by building muscle you could eat the same as you are now and be leaner.
Cardio is useless, you only create free radicals, the only benefit of cardio is creating a caloric deficit, so unless you enjoy doing cardio there is no reason to not just eat less and save yourself an hour and get the same results.
As for fasting and all it's variations as well as omad, they are useless unless they fit into your lifestyle. All that matters at the end of your day are your total macros. I don't care if you eat them in one meal or in 90790731 small ones, all of those things are meant to help you be consistent with your diet depending on your individual lifestyle, nothing else.

Swimming is a great combo of aerobic and anaerobic. Yes, it is perfectly normal, swimming will build muscle because of the constant water resistance therefore you will have a higher metabolic rate and lose fat even if your diet stays the exact same, however if your goal is to lose weight then i recommend quitting the sodas or at least switching to a calorie/sugar free alternative to really give you an extra push

If your goal is to build muscle endurance then this is great.
Make sure you keep track of your breaks with a timer

It's not bait. I do alternate arm/leg days. The weight range is 15-20lbs for arms (dumbbell exercises) and 25-30lbs for legs (goblet squats, sumo squats, etc). I usually do 6 variations, 3 setsx15 reps each.
Should I lift heavier or increase reps?

Post body. Regardless of trainer or not, lets see your specs.

What is your exact goal?

Sorry, you already said you want to tone and cut.
Yes, the rep range is fine but you should try to lift more on lower body days, you should be able to at least squat your bodyweight for reps after a few months of training.
Stick to light weights+high reps+short breaks (30-45secs) for isolating movements and use heavier weights for compound movements such as squats and deadlifts, i also recommend doing hip thrusts as it's a god tier exercise

What will happen to my little gut if I start lifting weights while cutting? I had planned to have a flat stomach before starting lifting but I’m impatient

There u go user, not looking my best right now because of vacation but i'm getting there

Attached: thereugoanon.jpg (2110x2317, 2.19M)

I worked as a personal trainer before I realized I need a real job to pay for a family and live good and changed careers.

How do you see your future coming with $24~40k a year giving the same parroted advice? I mean you're not even busy with clients you're on Jow Forums answering questions.

You should absolutely lift while cutting. As i said several times, higher muscle mass>higher metabolic rate. Make sure your caloric deficit comes from cutting carbs only and you keep your protein intake optimal. Also every 5 weeks of cutting do 2 weeks of maintenance to keep your metabolic rate high

What do you do now? Not OP

IT

Being a pt is no my main job, it's my hobby so no problems here since i'm not doing it expecting to make money out of it. Thank you for your concern user.

More of a physio question

Left clavicle hurts when in doing bench press or dips. Why?

Also knees hurt from last few months when I'm sitting for more than an hour. What can I do?

You probably use wrong form and hyperxtend your shoulders back. Try using a more strict form, ask someone from the gym to watch you perform your reps and correct you or even better record yourself doing it. Definitely watch videos on how to perform the bench press and try to 'relearn' your form from scratch even if it means lifting less weight for some time, it's better than getting injured.
As for your knees it's probably just bad blood flow, try to get up every half an hour and move around a bit

>joints hurt
>must be bloodflow

Attached: hurr.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Please tell us why you think it could happen then

>hyperxtend your shoulders back.

What do you mean?

Also the arch of my left foot has collapsed slightly. Best way to fix it?

Hyperextend was the wrong word, sorry. I meant you probably retract your shoulders back at the end of your reps instead of keeping your scapula retracted, thus creating unnecessary tension on the tendons and that's why you feel it at your clavicle, you need to retract your scapula to allow the movement to be more natural and to not apply tension to places you shouldn't, i assume you do the same when you dip so start there and if that is indeed the issue simply remember to retract your scapula every time you do pressing exercises.

About your foot, i have no idea how you managed it, i recommend getting anatomic insoles if a physio tells you there is a problem

>retract your shoulders back
Now what do you mean by that (not joking)

Also I did have an issue with retracting scalpula when I first started but it's fixed. I still feel they're kinda weak since I can't do more than 6 scalpular pull-ups

What are the exact steps to get a turbo skelly in shape? How long would it take to achieve ottermode?

I did some seated cable rows yesterday and I reached failure in my chest and delts every set, how did I manage to fatigue my pushing muscles in a pull? Too slow of an eccentric?

>muscles get tight from sitting all day
>not related to blood flow
The brainlet is you

>under 40 years old
>bad blood flow

Attached: durr.jpg (900x900, 83K)

If you can't do more than 6 scapular pullups then you definitely need to work on it. I mean that since you don't properly retract your scapula, the shoulder is forced to move outwards more than it should towards the end of your rep to allow you to finish the movement, thus straining the tendons(one of them reaches inside the clavicle) and that is why you feel pain, you are forcing your shoulders to go beyond their optimal range of motion with heavy weight.
Check out papa jeff's video on bench press mistakes, watching it should be easier than reading it youtube.com/watch?v=vthMCtgVtFw
Also make sure your back has equal proportional strength to your chest to help you naturally avoid this in the future and for general wellbeing

Do you mean your rear delts? The eccentric should fatique your back, not your pecs and delts, i don't know how you did it. Did you do a heavy push workout the day before or something?

recommended guide for someone starting the gym at a healthy weight?
i can do at most eighteen pushups so I'm starting pretty low

The general principle of weight gain on ectomorphs like you is that you can't constantly be on a caloric surplus because your hyperactive metabolism manages to balance everything out in a short time. The general approach is that you should be on a caloric deficit for 10 days and then off for 5-10 days, rinse and repeat. This way your metabolism won't manage to adjust fast enough and you will get your weight gains.
You could take anywhere from 4 to 9 months, it all depends on the individual, their diet and their training so i can't give a definitive answer unfortunately.
Just keep grinding until you make it

Thanks a lot mate. While we're at it best way to increase scalpula strength?

If you have no skeletal/joint issues then i recommend moving to free weights and machines asap. Find the weight with which you can perform 8-12 reps and stick to that for 2 months at least for all your exercises except for shoulders(i will explain at the end). Do all your exercises with that weight/rep range while trying to increase the weight by 2.5kg every week. By the end of those 2 months you should be ready to start lifting heavier and do more difficult and complex exercises.
For shoulders stick to low weight/high reps (20 reps with 45 sec breaks) since they are made mostly out of slow twitch muscle fibers and they respond better to such workouts

No, I did some right before, hypertrophy work in the 12 rep range which I wasn't used to.
Still wasn't expecting this to happen.

What i would have you do is hang from a pullup bar and retract your scapula, hold for 5 sec and lower yourself for 15sec, repeat until failure, take 1min break and do again.
Then same thing but with a rowing machine, load as heavy weight as you can, preferably start at your body weight and instead of rowing just pull your shoulder blades back toward each other, hold for 5 sec, do the eccentric for 15 sec until failure. You shouldn't have to do this for more that 1-2 days, the muscles in the scapula are very responsive and your issue is probably that the nerves don't know how to fire them up rather than the muscles themselves being weak so i believe that if you do this for 2 days then you should be fine

Why the fuck do my ears keep popping after intense lifting and cardio sessions and how do I stop it?

Attached: 1526871799972.jpg (764x1024, 218K)

It does sound weird. As antagonists their job is to resist the movement of the back so perhaps they were fatiqued and they weren't able to do it, i can't tell for sure since i know absolutely nothing about your physique and your training history but that's most likely it.
Nothing to worry about though, working antagonists at the same day actually gives really good gains

Wow thanks for the advice !

Do you tend to hold your breath during heavy reps?

You're welcome man, i hope i was able to help

>caloric deficit
lmao i meant caloric surplus but i will assume you already realized that

I just started a new routine so that must have been it. Used to do a 3x5 strength routine before and 2 4x12 chest/delt movements were too much for me yesterday.

I hold it during the eccentric and exhale at like the top half of the concentric

Thanks a lot user

Try to inhale slowly during the eccentric instead of holding your breath.
I believe that will fix your issue but unfortunately i can't give you any definitive answer.
Make sure you try it on your next heavy set and see if it works

OP here. I have to go guys, i hope i was able to help even a single person on this thread.
Godspeed anons, we're all gonna make it

Attached: 67305182_2628879403789038_4401956069509693440_n.jpg (828x960, 98K)

You helped a lot man, thanks

It feels all weird in the bottom of my spine when I bend over and it likes to temporarily cripple me if I come back up with weight.

Am o retarded for doing 5x5-8(depending on week) OHP/Bench/Squat/DL and then doing side stuff (back+chest/arms+chest/legs) after it?
I go 3 days a week and because of work I am liable to not go to the gym some days, so this should make up for missing some 1-2 days once each few months, right?

This is terrible advice. Lots of small meals distributed throughout the day will
keep spiking blood glucos and never down regulate insulin. That means you are forcing your body to be constantly in fat storage mode. How fucking dumb is that shit? If you are really a trainer you should kys before you fuck up any more people’s lives.