/fat/ - despite all my rage edition

For dough elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous:

Attached: 1561432654058.png (800x800, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing
ekneewalker.com/blog/20-sports-fitness-charities-deserve-attention/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C O N F E S S

Attached: 1557143817340.png (1000x944, 503K)

bronkaid and phenylethylamine both kill hunger.

no more feeling hungry.
no more thinking about food.

already lost 8lbs

week 7 of the fatty contest is here, so WEIGH IN!

there are no free slots right now. if you want to join come back tomorrow, around midnight UK time.
here's the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1490113396029.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Binged out yesterday like a mad pig after I realized I lost 20lbs on my new diet and exercise plan over 2 weeks

- full A&W combo bacon/cheddar double uncle burger and root beer float
- a full bag of jalapeno chips
- 3 small bottles of vanilla+orange cola
- 2 microwavable shit meals (maccaroni and cheese / canneloni)
- 4 klondike bars
- to top it off I also snacked all night on sunflowerseeds

Attached: signing up for the german diet.jpg (499x800, 76K)

Pizza today, today is technically my "cheat" day but I still count every calorie nonetheless.

Jesus fuck

Is the whole "natural body weight" thing a real thing? I'm talking about when you're sort of stabilizing after weight loss/weight gain and any change is really hard after that?

I lost around 15kg (78kg now) and have been eating whatever and not really trying for a maybe 1-2 months, but my weight haven't changed at all, like I'm literally the exact same weight as when I stopped cutting. Am I just eating at maintenance level? I mean I've had quite a few pigout days.

Attached: 1562588226013.jpg (540x540, 110K)

Weight loss has stalled.

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-03 121703.png (1219x369, 25K)

Sad that fat people struggle to understand satiety.

Like needing happiness explained because they've never felt it.

How do I make my cheeks look sharp? Right now they're bloated as hell. BMI 24.6

like clockwork

>started snusing again
>all cravings for sugar and junkfood vanish instantly

Take the snuspill bros.

Attached: 1563703092945.jpg (486x347, 48K)

>BMI 24.6
so... still fat? i'm in the same position at 24bmi. just keep cutting. i think they really start becoming gaunt at like

Keep losing fat, pray mewing does something.

Your body just learns how much you should consume and gets used to it, unless you're consciously trying to change that.
Depression leads me to 103 on the dot.
Regularly i'm 90-85
When really trying to cut the most i got was 76, but 78 with any sort of consistency.
Been fighting fat since i was 15, this is round 3, but the first one where i focused on lifting instead of trying to run my calories away. Also the first time i've learned about calories and macros instead of just eating bite sized chunks.

daily reminder keto is a meme

whoops, had autopost on. at around 20bmi*

CUT ALL CARBS OUT OF YOUR DIET

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

Daily reminder keto is like natural DNP. It burns calories as heat.

Attached: dnp.jpg (280x280, 20K)

If you're really tall, you might not want to drop much more.

>The act of placing snus (a smokeless spit-less tobacco product) under upper lip for discreet enjoyment

Sorry, I want to keep my teeth.

DNP also fucking kills you. All calories are burned as heat.

Which way, user?

Attached: 1563521362342.jpg (960x1280, 357K)

>DNP also fucking kills you.
Yeah, avoid DNP. Stick with Keto. It's a natural and safe alternative to DNP but has similar benefits.

>All calories are burned as heat.
No, buddy. No. Heat is wasted energy.

ATP breaking down becomes heat. All motion releases heat. Energy is heat.

Attached: 1454697426311.jpg (360x270, 82K)

Wewlad here. Visiting parents so I've no access to scales. I've almost certainly gained from eating my parent's food. I guess just record me as unchanged for this week.

I think my parents think I've got an eating disorder so i feel obligated to eat all of what they make. Their meals are probably like 1000kcal each.

I've also been going out to bars because I'm back home. I've been ordering diet Cokes but I think the barman at the place I've been going has been giving me normal ones for some reason.

Keep at it bros. You can make it. It's got out so drunk plenty of water. Also hit the elliptical while on a calorie deficit and lift heavy to keep most of the muscle you already have. Eat protein, It keeps you full and helps with lean body mass. You can do this!

Stop ordering soda.

It's hot out so drink plenty of water.*

Heat is wasted energy.

Ketogenic diets cause more energy loss as heat. This is why keto burns more calories. DNP works the same way.

Yeah, I'll switch to water tonight. I just feel like when it's me and one other person I have to order something that costs money.

Get those financial gains bro. Nothing wrong with just water.

snus actually protects your teeth, believe it or not. atleast the swedish kind.

Metabolic wards show keto diets don't burn more calories.

You just lose more water on a keto diet so you think you lost more fat.

I could do keto and three days later I will weight 10 lbs less, but that wouldn't mean I lost 10 lbs of fat.

>t.

Attached: file.png (980x551, 905K)

nah, i use this. can't even tell it's in there. also my teeth haven't yellowed, gums are fine aswell. been snusing for 10+ years.

Attached: snus.jpg (1600x1200, 402K)

His teeth look fine besides being yellow

I haven't eaten in 27h and did 2h of snorkeling today + good amount of walking. Fight me

Why is he so smug?

A little fat so I've been fasting. Am currently on day 8 of unknown number, will end fast when I feel hungry or reach "I like how I look weight" AMA.

also fasting is really good stop doing cico IF with keto or just dont eat. cico ruins your metabolism and results in muscle loss.

Attached: Black and chestnut eagle.webm (720x900, 1014K)

i don't believe you're human

How are you getting your vitamins? Your body doesn't store most of the essential nutrients

Metabolic ward studies show keto burns more calories.

The reason ketogenic diets burn more calories is because of mitochondrial uncoupling. This is the same way DNP causes increased energy expenditure.

Brapper here, 317lbs.

it's funny how many different ways a piece of information can be interpreted

>cico ruins your metabolism and results in muscle loss
And starving your body of nutrients and forcing it to cannibalize itself, including muscles for protein isn't going to cause muscle loss, right?

Attached: delusional.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

>tfw the world is a vampire

>full bag of chips
>three sodas
>4 klondike bars

for gods sake user grab control of your impulses. sad!

Apart from the fact that keto doesn't burn more calories, it also doesn't matter what burns or doesn't burn more calories since the deficit doesn't change based on how many calories you expend.

Fasting is muscle sparing. Calorie restriction isn't.

Dunkey?

Reposting here for input.

I was thinking that if it wasn't an outrageous amount, I would make a donation to a charity for each pound lost cumulatively, measured in total from the start of the next leg to the end of it.

I was trying to decide which charity to donate to, especially since many people on here have very... strong political views.

I was thinking maybe Direct Relief, but thematically, maybe a fitness-oriented one. I found a few below:

ekneewalker.com/blog/20-sports-fitness-charities-deserve-attention/

I could take suggestions and votes.

fasting IS calorie restriction, to the extreme

Fasting is pretty good as long as you're taking supplements to supply all the essential nutrients.

Keto burns more calories through mitochondrial uncoupling. The same way DNP burns more calories.

Donate to the Clinton Foundation if you feel like throwing your money away.
Or just save it and buy yourself something cool when you reach your goal like a Harley if you are obese or a Ferrari if you are a landwhale

No. Fasting restricts eating time, not calories.

/swimbro/ here.

Swam with sea turtles and manta rays in indonesia (and could actually keep up). I was okay taking off my shirt on the beach surrounded by models from around the world.

Hang in there guys, we all make it. But its up to you to decide when. Here's the old chart for the good times.

Attached: NEW WEIGHT CHART.png (1712x1892, 189K)

is fasting the day before a weigh in cheating?

then fasting doesn't cause weight loss

Are you an olympic wrestler? Then no.
Otherwise, dont change your diet just to weigh in because whatever you do on the other end will just swing your weight back up and give you a misleading sense of progress

There is no "natural weight" for your body, and if there were, it would certainly be within the normal range of BMI.

However, the TDEE is different based on weight, so if you consistently eat, say, 3000 kcal a day as a 5'10", 25 year old male, your weight will come to equilibrium at about 325. If you eat exactly the same, after that point you won't gain or lose any more weight.

A less popular, but ironically much more sustainable method of weight loss is to eat at the TDEE of your goal weight. It's typically much slower, but if you consistently eat at that TDEE and are fastidious about your calories, you will drop to your goal weight and then stay there.

Attached: 1562594201375.jpg (640x480, 81K)

I was thinking of donating to Project Fit America to help kids avoid getting fat as well. Nonpolitical, and I doubt most people would object to the goal.

They also seem to have obtainable goals instead of dubious things like "end hunger everywhere" or "throw money at science labs to cure cancer".

I'm open to other suggestions though. Fuck the Clinton Foundation.

I've been meaning to have a fasting day anyway.

just pick any charity you feel has a cause which has affected you or your family in any way.
check with charity navigator and make sure a majority of the money you donate will actually be put towards programs and services such as public awareness, teaching, and research.

something that's always bothered me about that assumption, for me the difference in TDEE between 150 and 160lbs is a measily 50kcal
so in theory that would mean that either a teaspoon of butter, or 2km of brisk walking would mean gaining or losing 10lbs over time
not to mention all the other countless, seemingly insignificant metabolic factors like mood and temperature

I take fish oil (omega 3, 6, and 9) aswell as zinc and magnesium and vitamin c and d3.

Apart from that I drink green tea with cardamom and water. Once a day, usually in the morning I drink water with a pinch of salt and feel good for the rest of the day, this will be person dependent though you may need more water than me.

Your body does, although limited, store vitamins. So realistically supplementation isn't necessary but if you can, take a multivitamin every day just to be on the safe side.

LOL. Never keto fag. I run minimum 10k everyday.

You've been watching too many Coca-Cola commercials.

>Studies of eating a single meal per day18 found significantly more fat loss, compared to eating three meals per day, despite the same caloric intake.
18. Stote KS et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr; 85(4):981–8.

What's for tea tonight /fat?

Pick related here- stuffed peppers with homemade turkey meatballs, chick peas and sugar snap peas in homemade tomato sauce (tomato, carrot, pepper, celery, onion, courgette). Was meant to crack an egg on the top of each half and have some asparagus with it, but I completely forget by the time I'd finished making up a big batch of sauce. Looks like a mess, but was delicious for 400 calories.

Attached: tea.jpg (625x352, 72K)

oh it's you.
you left a bad impression yesterday, and you failed to convince me of anything
don't bother today, I'm not in the mood to listen

Your body is either running on glucose recieved from eating or stored energy I.e. fat. When doing cico your body is always on the fringe of using fat instead of glucose, so to supplement the missing calories your body consumes stored protein, one of the reasons why cico makes you feel weak and flimsy. When fasting, as long as there is fat on your body it has all the energy necessary and doesn't need to consume any protein to meet its caloric requirements. I would encourage you to do more research so you dont sound ignorant and reply with "delusional.gif". It makes you look like a dummy and noone wants that.

I would recommend reading some of Dr. Fung's work or watching some of his presentations. He a big adamant of intermittent fasting and for good reason :-)!

Attached: america-n-football1.jpg (1425x1224, 552K)

Sure you do, fatty. Sure you do.

Carbs are so great at fueling athletic perfomance we are experiencing a global ATHLETICISM epidemic, not an obesity epidemic, right?

Attached: chips-soda-cookies-cupcakes.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

Nobody cares.

It's 100% true, but there's also the math of rate of change. 50 extra kcal a day means 350 kcal a week. That means you will gain 1 pound in 10 weeks.

So, if you way 50 kcal overyour TDEE every day, you will gain 10 lbs in a bit over 2 years.

Of course, activity level may change, it's extremely unlikely to be that precise with your food, and any number of factors will probably have much larger effects.

Nevertheless, in our theoretical model, you would gain the 10 lbs, but it would take about 2 years.

that's an... interesting line of logic
did you know obesity and famine can co-exist? like, right this very second

I am flesh and blood just like you. I am just determined to improve myself and have chosen the method that is most effective. I would recommend you try fasting even if you aren't overweight. The first two days are the hard part and on day three you will wake up feeling like you just had breakfast. If not at least do intermittent fasting. The benefits are ridiculous, it literally doesn't make sense not to do it. Always remember to listen to your body and if you have to meditate to really feel what's bothering you. Thanks for reading. I believe in you :-)

Because carb intake is decreasing globally and fat intake is increasing globally.

Chips, cookies and cupcakes are all low in carbs. Fat people never ever consume high-carbohydrate diets (obvious if you spend 5 seconds looking at the research).

Attached: fat world.png (809x583, 51K)

i did shots last night about a 1/3rd of a small absolut mandarin bottle and i have no idea how to count calories for that

what I meant was that your post read like a learning algorithm that sampled posts that received the most (You)'s
>fasting
>doing it for under 6 months
>cico is inefficient/damaging
>terrible grammar
>unrelated image

if you're not a robot then best of luck to you.

Kek, nice chart user

Whatever isn't too caloric at the restaurant. And this time I'll skip on alcohol and dessert

Why would someone who is overweight need to eat extra energy to fuel athletic performance?

They are already carring around excessive amounts of energy.

Donate to your local animal shelter/humane society. I emphasize local because it more likely the money will be put to good use compared with some sort of national humane/animal foundation. The same thing applies to fitness charities. Try to find something local rather than national.

Reminder to lift so you don't end up skinnyfat (just as unattractive as being fat, sometimes even worse)

>performance
correct

stopped caring about attractiveness when I got the stretch marks and loose skin

I hit my previous best this week, father. However I decidedly had a pizza and garlic bread for OMAD today as it's my birthday.

I'm not too worried about losing progress as maintaining self control is my new normal, I'll resume from where I was in a week at least.

Attached: HBO4wb0.png (441x441, 199K)

Because you didn't lift, 2 more reasons to lift right there.

Cope harder you sack of shit. I don't always track my runs, but I always run. And I'd be fucked without any carbs to replace my glycogen.

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-03 145110.png (1628x833, 123K)

yeah, you'll be exempt from points this week. thanks for checking in!

great work this week.

hope this aint fake

>tear a leg muscle
>can't exercise for weeks
How do I not neck myself lads

Attached: Awake.jpg (672x713, 56K)

>started using steroids to help me cut
>only gained weight because of the bloating and constant hunger

>Carbs are so great at fueling athletic perfomance we are experiencing a global ATHLETICISM epidemic, not an obesity epidemic, right?
They actually really are, but if you don't go out and run or whatever then your body just stores it away for a rainy day. The proof is just how fat you can get off of them without exercise.

Started my gut elimination venture this week team, wish me luck

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-150751~2.png (1080x950, 124K)

Post body.

Carbs are stored as glycogen. Fat is stored as fat.
And no, you don't need to work out to burn carbs. You don't need to work out to burn any energy substrate at all. You burn 0,03 calories of energy substrates per second just existing.
Since there are no obese people eating high-carbohydrate diets and there are no obese people in societies consuming high-carbohydrate diets, your proof is non-existent at this point.

If I shake my legs like I have ADD whenever I sit down will it burn a significant number of calories over a day?