Why are you not practicing historical european swordsmanship?

Why are you not practicing historical european swordsmanship?
>cardio and weight lifting combined
>is a martial art for the most scholarly patricians
>when Witcher drops on Netflix, chicks will inevitably dig you for having this obscure hobby

Attached: cavilltraining.webm (760x427, 834K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2R2my6wEy4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because i havent purchased a good long sword that I dont mind abusing yet.

If you think that's possible you're cucking yourself.

Because we have guns now, swords are for virgins.

Holy fuck is the guy in the video awful. Absolutely no actual technique.

This is very lame

Because there's like one decent 'dojo'?? That does it per 100 mile radius just about everywhere, and it costs a fuck load to just get started on something you may drop a year later.

It's not what you like though, it's about what makes girls wet.

Average weight of a sword was 2 pounds, bro. That's just cardio.

>he thinks girls like real life swordshit

Attached: 1560631908523.jpg (2048x1841, 1.06M)

I prefer throwing spears.

>when Witcher drops on Netflix, chicks will inevitably dig you for having this obscure hobby
Nobody gave two shits about witcher except when the third game came out for some reason, and no one's going to give a shit about a Netflix adaptation either, especially not chicks. If you think it's fun tho do it, fun >>> pussy

holy shit i guess something is more hipster than rock climbing

Hey fuck you I really liked the Witcher 2

I do too my man, was what got me into the series. That doesn't make it popular.

checks dig game of thrones,it's gonna be like that again. Plus, lifting is not a hobby. Chicks dig guys with hobby bro

sorry i have to spare my autism for something else

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

Chicks dig game of thrones because it was like a telenovela with romance and had sex, semi-intricate plots and because popularity is its own appeal. Also game of thrones is nothing like the Witcher.

Cringe

I did rapier & buckler, rapier & dagger, cloak & dagger, and broadsword & shield in my younger days. Much prefer rapier & dagger

Terrible foot work
>simp
Just use money you retard

>while you were lifting weights, I was studying the blade
Just unsheath your katana, women love that shit

That's what wasters are for.

But I am

Attached: cropped-thumbnail_OFC_banner_concept3.jpg (940x344, 56K)

Because most HEMA class are larpers. If you really want to fight like a knight on foot you gotta learn how to use a mace since a sword won't do shit against heavy armor no matter how much you swing it. If you really want to use a sword then learn grappling and use that sword as leverage to ground and knife your opponent, if not just drop the damn thing and wrestle the enemy. What's he gonna do, cut you up with his sword? You're covered head to toe in thicker material than his blade, you'll be fine. This style of fighting is not flashy, and is quite quick, so Hollywood never adopts it, like movie fistfights always ends with a funch combo or a kick despite most fights devolving into a clinch or a grappling/ground situation.

Attached: f2ad1e672dc298974e80e2449059cd19.jpg (530x630, 84K)

why do they have a wire attached to them ?

It's electricity. The sword completes the circuit when it touches the opponent and a buzzer/light goes off

Fun fact this did actually get me laid.

Everything you described is HEMA kek. Except Maces as there is no sources on them since theres nothing you can do with one you can’t do and by extention have previously learned with a sword.

Its so they dont go too far forwards

That doesn't look correct at all

Heh. HEMA.

Just victims for a true master of Kenjutsu such as myself.

Attached: 03e.jpg (1032x774, 165K)

>matt easton's face when he finally gets to confront a nigger burglar in his house

Attached: 1550131227241.jpg (566x601, 142K)

Go back to the jungle, you spear chucking monkey

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 20K)

Well, it's not remotely "realistic" because he's training to play a supernatural character with wacky sword skills. And it doesn't look NEARLY as good as it did in the video game because he's a human that has to actually execute shit, not a graphical rendering of a human that can do anything you manage to program it to do.

Kettlebell sport

Attached: 1478725132139847064.jpg (676x960, 58K)

Million Dollar Mile is rigged and the producer LeBron James is a scammer! See video proof: youtube.com/watch?v=2R2my6wEy4Q
Rich dishonest people get richer by deceipt, earning money from TV adverts, wasting the life of tax paying viewers.

Million Dollar Mile is rigged and the producer LeBron James is a scammer! See video proof: youtube.com/watch?v=2R2my6wEy4Q
Rich dishonest people get richer by deceipt, earning money from TV adverts, wasting the life of tax paying viewers.

Attached: wvhcJkTF.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Sword are a meme movie weapon, spears are much better

Would a spear really be better in the context of a home invasion?

In a hallway yea. Swords are bad in a home invasion because, as we learned during the week, they are very messy.

I'm just saying the op said historical which this is not.

Witcher 1 and 2 were classics in Poland, many people played Witcher 2 outside of Poland too (including me). Witcher 3 was definitely the breakthrough though.

if you think your purpose here is to excite the biological functions of an illogical creature because it allows you to reproduce, please end your life and ask god to become an animal where you belong. you are fucking brain dead.

Its the only martial art where drills had intentional hits to the side of my head. Even with a mask on thats retarded.

It will have more padwork in the future but for bow its a CTE shitfest. Great art tho and the sparring is unreal.

i would love to, but i reckon it'll be full of larping dyels and i also don't want to spend 500 bucks on something i haven't even tried.

Clubs have kit. You don’t actually need to buy anything. Its pretty big now and clubs are pretty established.

Theres no LARPing but mostly DYELs.

You don't seem to get it. If the resistance is great enough to build muscle, you won't be able to do the exercise long enough to boost your cardio

Love HEMA, been taking some classes recently. Very fun stuff and great cardio. Don't kid yourself about it being weightlifting though. You won't be practicing in armor and the sword itself is less than 5lbs. My gym is just martial arts guys getting the most out of their memberships, no larpers. You'll also want to get some guys together outside of classes if you REALLY want to get good, unless you live in some bizarro world where you meet for classes more than once a week.

because i dont have autism

Isn't this just fencing for unathletic nerds?

What is sprinting?

yeah pretty much. if you want to learn a legitimate sport, learn fencing.

if you want to learn how to impress your neckbeard larping buddies on the weekend, learn HEMA.

Hiit, and not enough resistance to trigger muscle growth
>thinking sprinters don't squat

Witcher 1 was patrish af
Gotyay

Attached: sftd1d7dj4b31.jpg (640x514, 58K)

This, witcher 1 is top tier

sprinting isn't cardio.