Be honest, when was the last time you truly challenged yourself at the gym?

Be honest, when was the last time you truly challenged yourself at the gym?

Attached: fit.jpg (858x1024, 73K)

every time. Today was Front Squat PR 120kg. Failed it but god damn, i tried. Next leg day I'll get it.

It's been years. I want to die but I'm too much of a pussy. God help me

Failure is ephemeral, hitting PRs is forever.

It's all psychological, user, I know you can do it.

every day is a challenge not to sniff the gym thots gear after they use it

based

Attached: nike.png (225x225, 3K)

I do strength training in the off-season as part of my annual training for bicycle road racing, and since I have scoliosis I can't do freebar squats of any kind so I do leg press on a 45 degree sled. This year I decided to push myself as far as I could go with it. I was loading 1200 pounds of plates onto the sled and doing 3 sets of 6 reps.
>..and now here comes the bullshit about "bet you half repped it, faggot", meaning I didn't go past 90 degrees
The point of leg training for me is improving quadricep strength. Nobody has or needs hamstring strength to push 848 pounds (which is what 1200 pounds actually ends up being on a 45 degree sled) and it puts way too much strain on your knee joints if you do anyway. As-is my left knee was getting a bit strained by this anyway and it took about a month after I was done with that part of my training for it to settle back down and not feel tight all the time.
>..and I'll get scoffed at regardless by the no-gains weakling betas that infest Jow Forums
yeah yeah yeah nothign ever changes around here

I find my bodyweight workouts are way more intense and challenging than my weightlifting, but that's because I keep the rest period between sets so short.

Deadlifting 105KG last workout. On the last rep from below the knee to lockout felt like it lasted eternity and I didn't record it but I bet it looked like shit

did a HITT on running. jesus that was painful

How do you bail a front squat? I never challenge myself because I'm afraid of dropping the bar on my knees.

>challenged yourself
All the time
>truly
Not amazing challenges, just things like adding 1kg or 2kg more on the weight or doing more reps

I feel it worth

for 99% people the reason to fail the front squat will be your back giving up, not the legs, usually when at the moment when you are halfway the way up. you need to fk up your balance really bad for it to land on your knees on a failed rep

Like doing wrong highbar squats. You explode with only your hips, then elbows work like a hinge and barbell drops around 40-50cm in front of you, so dont do fronts right before squat rack or you will bust your shins, when it bounces back.

lift noob so everyday I challenge myself, hopefully I dont become stagnant down the road...

Just push it forward. Failing lifts is one of the best things you can do to gain confidence in the gym, next time the gym is sort of empty throw on some bumper plates if your gym has them and practice failing, it'll really help your confidence with trying heavier lifts

Today when I finally hit 3 plate squat

I keep getting stuck because I can't do 3 by 5 of my lift with proper form and when I go up I can't get the full sets out. I hate this

A week ago. I challenged myself to end my gym membership. Let's just say it was a HUGE success.

Last Thursday when I audibly said "See you later" to the cute receptionist at the front desk as I was leaving.

Attached: 1411216629262.jpg (3000x3000, 588K)

I went for a clean pr yesterday without warming up
Someone left a baby weight deadlift on the floor and I figured i could flex on the uppity twink by throwing it around
It worked

275 cold clean
16 year old punk flexed on

>making up antagonists to challenge on a post that no one cares about
lmaoing at u buddeh

Congrats homie

Same bro

Never. Still looking good

every other day I try to hit a new PR on something,two days ago I finally hit 160 on bench after about a year of not lifting religiously like I used to and last week I hit 330 on diddly and 270 on squat. It's slow but I'll get there hopefully soon.

I'm always pushing and challenging myself, but some days I challenge myself less.

Trained super hard, ended up herniating a disc and needed surgery on my spine. I've gone back to lifting and lifts are near what they used to be but I don't push myself hard because I'm too scared of re-injuring myself.

Trained super wrong*

I've been pushing the same weight for the last several months.

I started working out to fix a problem (low energy), and the problem is now fixed.

When I first started getting serious about exercising/losing weight, I just jumped on a elliptical. I was in terrible shape. Like, atrophied muscles. All I did was start pedaling and it gave me an automatic routine (I guess the one that was last used).

It was the hardest routine of my life. I couldn't pedal 5 seconds without stopping because I ached and hurt so badly. I was almost in tears thinking of how pathetic I was, that I couldn't even do a fucking cycle on a goddamn elliptical. But even though I paused each time I pedaled, I didn't stop. I finished the routine after about 45 minutes.

Turns out the routine was set for 'rolling hills' on maximum resistance. It was a constant climb of increasing intensities (maxing out at peaks in level), which means at points in the routine it was the max the machine could output.

It wasn't the only routine that did this, and wasn't the hardest routine all in all. Still, it felt good to learn that (even though it was at my own pace) I had gotten through one of the hardest parts. I learned how to use the machine properly the next day, and have lost 70 pounds since last year.

Every goddamn day buddy
Imagine giving it anything less than everything you got
In the words of the great Tom Platz, you are a loser

Attached: 1024375135789123578.jpg (538x720, 70K)

every god damn time because my trainer is an old russian weightlifting champion (over 70 years old) who wants to see his guys win some medals

everytime

Attached: 1564519706075.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

Today with lmao 3pl8 squat 1x5 pr. I saw hell with the last rep.

Yesterday

That's the right mindset.
You'll make it.

Unironically every day

High intensity testicle touchs?

it's every day, bro.

Gj bro

I do fronts in the squat rack and just put the safeties a tiny bit lower than ATG position. When I fail it is the moment just coming up from ATG position where I am not even horizontal to the floor with my femurs yet, so If I can't squat up I just squat back down and lower my arms to let the barbell down on the safety bars.

This week

>struggling with last set after going 2 kilo over my pr on each dumbbell
>Vegeta’s super sayian theme comes on from my playlist
>qt with FAT ass walks just by me, could almost touch her buttcheck with my nose
>do 20 reps instead of 10 without struggling at all

Attached: 09F0D4AF-4BDE-47C1-839E-3D3B26BBEE89.gif (400x296, 443K)

Went for the 405 squat recently.
Hurt my back :(. Gotta rehab for a month or so and try again.

Last time I went. Nearly 225 on the bench.

You yell out in fear then push it forward, throwing to to the ground. Then, while everyone's watching, you scamper to stop it as it rolls for the mirrors.

That wasnt a front squat, and those were windows, not mirrors.

Every Monday and Friday, those are deadlift days. Monday’s volume and Friday’s 1rpms

WHO IS THIS?

Anlella sagra

bless you user

you do it in the rack with the safety bars

Right? Guy needs a hug. Fucking way too much anxiety.

All the time. I love pushing prowlers and going apeshit on the Concept2 ski machine. Thinking of transitioning to sprinting and preparing my lower hamstrings.
>only do heavy compounds like hexbar deadlifts, neutral-grip chins and OHP.
>going to make it