/fat/ - where the fuck is the /fat/ thread edition

For dough elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous: 51845647

Attached: B758A4CB-52B0-47AF-98F6-1739B47C4E30.jpg (428x500, 80K)

Mom bought me two tubs of ice cream

I’m waiting for dinner I’m hungry

Attached: 944F354F-91D1-4B90-9435-AB97A6EC38E4.png (800x800, 51K)

Let this be a warning to you all

I went from obese to normal weight thanks to these threads, but now im skinnyfat because I didn't lift at all while losing weight

There's only one way out of skinnyfat land

The hard way

Attached: 1564164343721.jpg (241x258, 18K)

Just here to remind you all that you too could be a human table dicklet should you neglect yourself.

Attached: 1563521362342.jpg (960x1280, 357K)

Did you do fasting or keto?

As I notice people who lose weight on keto tend to look worse than people who lose weight through CICO.

You know the drill.

Attached: fettbernd_bischof1.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Plain old CICO, 1500-1700 cals a day, my maintenence is 2100 or so

>house always full of bullshit food
>either completely unhealthy or shit no one would want to eat
>get shit from my family all the time because they had to throw away so much food
>decide I want to lose weight and buy all my own food
>no food waste, prepped meals with exact calories and macros I need.
>family now eats all the food I buy because it tastes better than the shit they buy and it’s fresh
>either have to go to grocery store, buy all new shit, and cook it all because my food is gone, or just starve, or eat fast food
How do I get my point across to my asshole family that their actions actively make my life harder and kill my gains?

I used to be 120kg and I got down to 79 for about 3 years, I've just had a son and my eating went to shit and I stopped working out because I was always either too busy or tired.

Now I'm 105kg and it's compounding my health problems, I did it before, I need the will power to do it again and stick with it, lose it all for good

Padlocks nigga.

I am not fat per se (correct BMI but fat accumulates under my chin and over my belly making me what Jow Forums calls skinnyfat) and I would like to have low BF% but depression and deaily stress from being a 30yo virgin make me drink and eat unhealthy food so I feel just a bit better. Especially alcohol makes me feel less horrible and lonely.

>finally 119.9kg
>40kg to go
the hardest part

Attached: 1419143328252-0.gif (160x160, 888K)

Had a cheat meal last night and again today for lunch and now my parents want us to go eat fried fish this evening.

I'm fucked bros.

Can Calisthenics outrun skinnyfat menace?

notice to any fatty contestants, have some personal matters to attend to today and probably won't be around until this evening. might be late posting results.
anyway, weigh in for week 7!

Attached: 1490113396029.jpg (400x400, 19K)

it's not like anybody is ever gonna see me naked

Skinnyfat just means you carry excess fat from the perspective of aesthetics and optimal health. It's not some special status or genetic context. You're simply in between skinny (which is low body fat and low muscle mass) and overweight (which is a significant amount of excess fat)

how so? just more motivation to not slip up again. Who cares if one day you have more intake than every other day you've already done, it's just gonna be a slight amount of fat loss less than if you didn't have it

Reposting my fatty contest entry because it was the last post in a dead thread:

>fatty contest

jimyeet here
119.6kg, 263.6lb, a 3.5lb gain

Been to the gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week. Gone in hard on cardio, body weight, and lifting. New PB on deadlift and benchpress. Started doing OHP. Cardio machines reckon I burned ~400 calories each day (inb4 meme). And stayed under 1900 calories every day (that's my MFP limit to lose 1lb a week)

And still... 3.5lb gain.

Not gonna give up. I don't feel fatter. I feel stronger. I feel fitter.

Maybe I just need to have a huge shit or something, haven't done any of that for like two days.

Off on holiday today, so I'm probably going to miss the last week of this round of the contest (unless the villa we're in has a scale, which it almost certainly won't)

Anyway thanks for reading my blog folks, don't forget to like and subscribe

i'm so hungry i just want to eat loads and loads of bullshit foods help me out I dont want to be fat but I just want to EAT

it sucks starting but it gets easier as you get into it and you learn a lot of willpower. and sometimes you have those urges to just binge on 100 mars bars, if you really must have something for your own mental health just go have ONE thing and let that be it. tell yourself that every extra thing you have is a setback to your goal

Just leaving this here to show you it is possible to ascend above your current reality and break the negative subconscious programming and thought loops which are keeping you in a low vibrational paradigm. Started at 122Kg on a 5’8 frame, currently at around 83Kg. I intend on cutting until I have defined abs and will then start lifting again. Lose about the first 15 or so KG through caloric restriction and resistance training, and the remaining weight through salt water fasting and steady state cardio. I was suicidal, socially awkward and morbidly depressed and nihilistic, now I have a great social life and have girls interested in my for ME. YOU HAVE SUPREME CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN MIND. YOU ARE THE GOD OF YOUR UNIVERSE. TAKE YOUR PLACE ON YOUR DIVINE THRONE AND RULE. Is this what making it feels like bros?

Attached: 284B11C3-7011-447B-8968-D359B2A6AD21.jpg (750x750, 81K)

>do omad for a week
>gain a little bit of weight

>be on holiday for a week, cheating on diet
>lose weight

why the fuck is weight loss so inconsistent

Attached: 59619-full.png (272x204, 51K)

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

EVERYTHING IS ENERGY AND VIBRATION
ATTUNE YOUR VIBRATIONS TO MATCH THAT OF MONEY AND IT WILL FLOW TO YOU

I had a good 3 weeks of eating with minimal shit, but then one day I saw what i can only describe as "a deep fried surimi stick" and I don't know what snapped but I ordered 5 and ate them. i just went back into a spiral of eating all this crap all day long. it's been 5 months since then and its nearly at the three week mark again

You know you can spike your metabolism with certain foods, or just food in general, right? Your body isn't fucking retarded, it knows you're starving it. Also it sounds like you're weighing yourself every week. That's always going to be askew.
Weigh yourself once a month, if at all.
If you can't see the changes in the mirror, you're not doing jack shit. I mean what're you gonna do, carry a fucking scale to the beach?
>cheating on holiday
lmao
just eat real food that isn't layered in added sugar and salt.

I cracked and had a soda after 2 months with out it.

I'm starting making plans for when I become more "not fat".
what's a cool martial art I can learn?

Do you losers take drugs to help with the fat loss? Natties and bluepill cucks don't reply

>weigh once a month
most retarded thing I have ever read in my entire life, gj

I was supposed to start my weight loss yesterday, but ended up binging on a bunch of bread, donuts, etc. Gained .2 lbs. 206.8 -> 207. I think I won't have much trouble today though as I got rid of all my kryptonite yesterday.

I wear a Fitbit (given to me as a gift) and have noticed for the last couple months my heart rate has been raising and dropping in cycles
For about a week it will drop and I will get low resting heart rate numbers (low 60s) - corresponding to this I have a harder time elevating my heart rate and getting into “Fat burn” territory
Then for a week or two it goes up to high 60s or low 70s, but it jumps and stays elevated more easily when I lift or do cardio
I don’t track my sodium intake, but my diet doesn’t vary greatly from week to week, I eat basically the same things each week
I am also on a Beta Blocker and a high blood pressure med from when I was much fatter but take them consistently as well

Has anyone else noticed something similar? Should I start tracking sodium as well?

YOU ARE IN EVERY THREAD

Do you seriously mean to say your before pic is at 122kg and your after pic at 83kg? A ~40 kilo difference should be far bigger, or am I crazy? That looks like a 15-20 kilo difference at best.

Ketard Fung-cult checking in, you ever noticed how in every Supersize vs Superskinny the big guys always love their carbs? The women have a “sweet tooth” and never get enough of cupcakes and chocolate. That’s because carbs are addictive as well as not satisfying your hunger signals. That’s why it’s easy to overeat on carbs, hence you “always have room for dessert.”

>dough elementals
Thank you for the giggle

Attached: 1551762701722.jpg (947x959, 70K)

Froggy

118,2kg

Dr. Now, would you ever be interested in starting a binge-free contest? People who binge get eliminated.

>fatty
CountNickula, missed the last one again... 99.2 kg right now

back on track after last weeks anomaly. Think I'll drop my beer intake from 6 per week to only drinking at social occasions, i.e. never. Gotta step up the exercise too, did none last week, just worked on the house instead.

Attached: 2556164841.jpg (905x628, 91K)

I quit smoking 4 years ago, but before that I was a pack a day smoker. My relationship with carbs reminds me of my relationship with cigs.

> big guys always love their carbs
They don't. Fat people all have high-fat diets. Fat people also despise eating carbohydrates without fat, it's not something many of them are aware of is even possible to do (i.e. eating plain pasta with vegetables without adding cheese, oil or meat). Conversely, fat people don't exist in societies with a high carbohydrate and low fat intake.

>The women have a “sweet tooth” and never get enough of cupcakes and chocolate
Cupcakes and chocolate are high in fat and low in carbohydrates. So these women have a preference for dietary fat. A preference for sweet foods (sugar, not fat) is mediated by FGF21 and associated with lower body weight and a reduced risk for diabetes.

>it’s easy to overeat on carbs
It's almost impossible to overeat carbohydrates. There are a few carbohydrate overfeeding studies and, in so far as it is mentioned, the participants are described as being in agony and wanting nothing more than to stop eating.

>always have room for dessert.
Desserts are low in carbohydrates.

Yeah I get what you mean, the photos don’t do it justice. I was about 110 in the first pic, don’t have any pics of me at my biggest.

Attached: 602A309E-F8C7-4F3A-8FE1-CEBF89813B81.jpg (1680x1050, 421K)

i've been drinking 4l of coke zero everyday for the past few months, how bad is it?

Attached: download.png (400x400, 168K)

One ingredient of diet coke, farmers give to pigs to fatten up.

Oink little piggy.

Attached: 1442893408203.jpg (447x400, 41K)

Except diet coke has no calories

>he fell for it
>rubbing_hands.jpeg

I wanna lose weight to wear Lolita dresses ;-;

Its the mix of carbs and fat that fucks up the brain. Youll get sick of it way before eating with eating spoons of sugar and the same is true for meat. Mix the two together however and it really fucks the hunger suppression

*before overeating

Pretty bad.
Drink a little of the real stuff then chase it down with water.

I agree with the fat thing. For some reason the men go for savory stuff like chili fries, cheese and pizza. I didn’t notice the thing about butter in the cupcakes though, you have a point. I was watching (more YouTube) this guy explain the fast food industry searching for the “bliss point” a perfect combination of sugar, fats and salt. I am curious about the impossible to overeat on carbs thing though. I guess eating straight sugar is difficult.

informpill me about cooking oils please.
also is it true you should eat yolk still in liquid state?

the impossible to overeat on carbs is bullshit. Most of my 40 kg weight gain was from carbs. I eat a lot of pasta most often with salsa I prepared myself and had little oil because it fucked up the tomato and spice taste(my pasta portions were regularly 300-500 grams uncooked), rice with vegetables made without oil (also often 200 to 400 grams uncooked rice)and bread with with various hams(a sandwich was most often half a loaf of bread) without toppings like mayonaisse and without cheese because I don't like it. I could eat pasta and rice until I could feel physical pain in my stomach from too much food, one time I ate 1 kg pasta(uncooked, I don't know how it weighed cooked) for lunch and then had around half a kilo of rice for dinner. I'm not sure that user is basing what he says on anything more than a few misunderstood pieces of data and his own weird view on carbs

weight not much but carbonated ruins teeth enamel. bones and artificial sweeteners ruin stomach micro-flora

I just binged at breakfast and rekt the progress I made all last week. 1570 calories in one sitting FUCK. I wasn’t planning on going to the gym today but now I HAVE to lift.

if he mentions the term "satiety" he's probably the autist user from the last few threads

ok i need a good explanation for this, i've been drinking 4l of coke zero for months and my weight has been the same. The worst things i can imagine is happening is:
>caffeine fucking my sleep hence fucking my fat burn
>gut bacteria fucking my food digestion
>or just the sweet taste making me crave sugar
idk if it has direct harm, still seems like a pretty good alternative to soft drinks

not gonna make it

100gr cream cheese
100gr creme fresh
About 60 gr coconut fat
One ice cream cone
Two biscuit
Sugar

I'll report to you how much I weight tomorrow, today I was at 100.5

Earlier I had some beef and soup, not too much

Attached: IMG_20190804_163728.jpg (3024x2532, 1.86M)

I'm gonna make it lads!

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-120642_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x1360, 123K)

Incredible, I feel full after eating about 2/3 maybe 3/4 of the bowl

I finish my glass of fresh milk and go on a 24h+ fast

Based human table poster

1 kebabpizza
1 calzone
750g candy
275g potatochips

Attached: 1561989360514.jpg (743x1204, 190K)

mashallah

Obesity is not caused by overeating. It is a disease: There is a protein in your fat cells that collapses and makes the cells permanently stuck in suck in as much fat as possible, do not release. (it is not very dissimilar from how proteins fail in alzheimers)

You cannot cure it by starving yourself, nothing will work. Sometimes it fixes on its own, which is the reason why many people promote so many conflicting, sure way to lose fad diets, as fat people try to diet constantly and think that whatever they were trying at the moment worked, but it is not so.

That even includes keto, as when the problem fixes itself, you suddenly have a massive accesible store of calories and on0yl need to eat protein to repair the tissues damaged by the starvation, so you want to eat protein and nothing else. If you try to force keto on yourself it won't work.

Trying to starve yourself (CICO, intermittent fasting, fasting) won't work, you only starve yourself more as the fat tissues absorb all the fat you eat and won't release it. High carb, low (near zero) fat diet may somewhat diminish the weight gain, but it won't cure it and won!t work forever either. Trying to cure by eating less won't make you thin, you may starve yourself to death while you still carry all the fat. It's pointless. Wait for a cure.

Lift, do cardio, drink water and eat protein while on a calorie deficit boys. Cardio will burn more calories and get stamina up. Lifting will get you small gains while keeping the muscle you already have. Protein will help repair your muscles and lead to lean body mass. Water is life saving and makes your skin look better. You can do this. Working out only takes an hour out of your day. Become a machine.

I'm not registrered and will only have access to a scale in 3h, will it still be possible to participate user

>was at 275 in mid-June
>wanted to get down to 250 by early September for a wedding
>scale says I'm at 260 now
Fuck, I'm not going to make it.

Imagine being this retarded

Mate you follow the second law of thermodynamics. As long as your eating less than you burn you will lose weight.

based reasonable and helpful general advice poster

diet and exercise program?

Back in the crab bucket bitch.

>linear projection
Unless you constantly reevaluate your TDEE and adjust your consumption to match, your curve will flatten out after some rapid sustained loss.

>giving tumblr bait (You)s
Come on anons

I used to do this

i did shots with friends friday, and i ate pizza yesterday. i was good the rest of the week though...

Attached: 1531581836699.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

M-me too, user-chan. I have so many coords planned.

Whenever I crave sugar or carbs, I read the Sweet Sundae Ramen vertical from /ck/. Works like a charm.

Did you even read what I wrote? Thermodynamics doesn't prevent that.
Not bait.

>10lbs in 2 months
> rapid
If I catch myself plateauing, I'll just eat even less and move even more. I fully expect this to happen in the low 180s. The projection serves as motivation to what my progress can be

This - why would I respond to someone who is clearly farming for responses by posting deliberately inflammatory things

anyone tried climbing/bouldering?

There was one noice study on 200+ inmates in some prison, where they were allowed, with no drawbacks, limitless food on top of their normal prison diet, one group had access to carb-dense foods like pasta and the other to fat-dense foods. The one with carb dense foods was overeating on average over 4 k calories while the fat group had around 1,5k overeating. It pretty much proves that it's far easier to overeat on carbs than fat.

3 months inbetween pictures. Would you say i've made slight progress? I've been swimming, running and hiking. Im still fat but feel better

Attached: prog3m.jpg (4088x1648, 1.01M)

There's definitely progress visible here, and more than just slight. No wonder you feel better when you've gotten active. Keep it up senpai.

>had two cavities filled
>Had a crown put in
>Need surgery for gum disease
>Need wisdom teeth removed
>Have a hernia that needs surgery
>Have another 50lbs to lose
Your early 30s is not the time to start caring about your health. Any of you younger guys out there should not only be losing weight but taking care of the rest of your body too.

>sweet taste making me crave sugar

New study suggests artificial sweeteners may be working against you, instigating sugar cravings and nudging weight gain.

One theory is that when your brain senses sweet taste that is not accompanied by energy or calories, it is confused and therefore instigates the desire to eat more so you get calories (energy).

If they like that taste and it’s healthier than the shit they usually get, why not start cooking for your family? You might help them get healthier.

How do I prevent loose skin when losing fat? The past years I've gained fat significantly and it has gathered on my gut. I am to lose 35 kilos. 1 per week and do 12 week cuts with 2 week breaks in between. Is it a good strategy? I am 23 years old male.

Birthday week, everyone wants to take you out for dinner or make you a special meal. Pretty much been maintaining my weight, but I need to get back into the exercise groove.

It follows plain logic that if sweetness is sensed by the body it shouldn't get rid of any preexisting sweet cravings and may expand them further, regardless of whether any calories are accompanied with the sweet taste. Using artificial sweeteners to improve diet is just shooting yourself in the knee.

yeah lovehandles

there's no real proven way to prevent loose skin, unfortunately. Some people claim that moisturizing the areas where you think you'll have loose skin will help its health and elasticity, some say that eating collagen can also help skin elasticity(collagen is good for you regardless of loose skin so if you can, eat it) etc. Genetics can also be a factor but two most important factors are age and how much weight you'll lose. You're young, 35 kg is not that much and if you incorporate weight lifting and bodyweight exercises that affect the areas you think will have the most loose skin you'll probably be fine

>There's only one way out of skinnyfat land
continue dieting until you're just thin?

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

How do y'all schedule cheat days? I always do a cheat day once every five lb lost.

>diet
About 1500 calories per day
>exercise
3 days of lifting, 2 days of cardio