Does having a BMI under 18.5 necessarily mean you're unhealthy?

Does having a BMI under 18.5 necessarily mean you're unhealthy?

I'm 5'4 and 93lb. I eat a healthy diet - lean meats, fish, fruit, veg, dairy, wholegrain and nuts. I exercise every day.

I feel like when my BMI was above 18.5 I had way too much fat and it was very uncomfortable. I'm happier at this weight.

Attached: 1551714019909.jpg (401x438, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/what-is-the-body-mass-index-bmi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BOINK

Attached: 1558246909267.png (604x630, 334K)

>Does having a BMI under 18.5 necessarily mean you're unhealthy?
No

If you're exercising then you're probably quite healthy. But if the number worries you, you could try add weight training into your exercise regime and let yourself gain a few kilos and they should be muscle and you shouldn't feel as fat.

Of course women be cray and they often feel fat when they do that too so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All-cause mortality rises below 19-20 BMI (except in past and present smokers who seem to do better with higher BMIs because of metabolic changes)

you are very very underweight

No. If you're naturally inclined to be on the thinner side (small appetite and come from a family of thin people) and don't experience things like drops in blood sugar and low energy levels, don't worry about it.

okay fatass

have sex

>BMI
Stop this meme. It does nothing. Fucking Arnold was considered obese in his prime using BMI. BMI is a fucking meme. If your BF% is in a healthy range, you are getting enough calories and nutrients then your fine. Also none of that shit matters so long as there aren't any adverse health effects. Or not it's your body. Be a skelly or MAXXX BLOAT.

post body

White "women" can never compete

Attached: 1560179877459.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

BMI isn't everything. Use more metrics.

>Corpulence Index
You will still be underweight by this because it is more strict on short people.
>Body Fat Percentage
Do you have essential fat?
>Waist-Hip Ratio
Track over time. If it increases when your weight goes down it's bad.
>Body Shape Index
It's a measure of density. If you are over 0.077 you are probably frail.

Cope harder you fucking retard. BMI doesn't work on outliers, true, but I guarantee most people here aren't outliers. Its medically approved for the general population and the NHS website even has a BMI calculator. Why the fuck do you think they take weight and height in hospitals?

Literally every fag i know who spergs about bmi being inaccurate and talking about rugby players etc. Technically being obese are pure lardasses trying to make themselves feel better.

nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/what-is-the-body-mass-index-bmi/

Yes you are underweight. You likely have a form of eating disorder and having someone very close to me (gf of 8 yrs) who was literally on death’s door due to being severely underweight (almost your height but 55lbs, not exaggerating), it is not worth it. While psychologically you may think you feel better being underweight you are probably young so you don’t really understand the long term problems associated with being a practicing anorexic. Having brittle bones, heart muscle weakening, low energy, weak joints, its all bad in the long term. I’m sure your period has stopped at this point. In any case, knowing how tenacious people with eating disorders can be about pursuing their irrational ideals about how to look/feel I won’t spend too much time trying to convince you. Just know that your lifestyle right now is not sustainable and if you lose more weight, well, it will get much worse. You are telling yourself that you are different, that you are special and can handle this, but this is what every anorexic tells themselves, you are not special in this regard. Many people have gone down this path before and it was never worth it for any of them.

>(((medically approved)))

DA JOOOSE REEE

Nice mount stupid bullshit babbling. High BMI increases disease risk and mortality regardless of body composition. Having too much BODY mass (including muscle mass) is a health risk because all of the organs in your body evolved to support a certain amount of MASS (19-22 BMI).

Bruh Isley is like the one guy on this board that has sex
Even then his gf calls him an incel

Why are you namefagging

BMI is a shit measurement anyway.

At your height, you should be at minimum 100lbs

>Having too much BODY mass (including muscle mass) is a health risk because all of the organs in your body evolved to support a certain amount of MASS (19-22 BMI).
Give a source on how this extrapolates to muscle mass you stupid cuck. Of course there's a limit to what your body can carry, but you'd have to be really fucking huge to reach that with a muscular build.

SHE WAS F I F T Y F I V E P O U N D S
idk how you even dated her you woulda snapped her neck. OP’s 16 that’s fine. Look up stats of most Korean female idols. Pretty common desu

>I feel like when my BMI was above 18.5 i had too much fat
You were either just a fattie or the fact of having more weight was bothering you,in any case,you're underweight for your height,eat more of everything but cola and fast food.

Not OP but I want to be 95lbs
Will my heart muscles be okay if I keep doing cardio and eating lots of protein?

Well you dated her so you obviously liked that she was skinny on some level. Since I’m almost twice as heavy I should be fine.

Realize you fatlords and skellingtons have a problem and start a diet/eat more.

Attached: 1564856309494.gif (480x270, 338K)

This was before I dated her when she was younger.

See

Still, I’m almost twice her weight, it’s not even comparable. I don’t have an eating disorder this is just the weight I’m most comfortable at

yeah, you need to gain a bit of weight. there is no practical way for you to be 93 lbs at 5'4 while having a reasonable body composition. at that weight you clearly lack both body fat and muscle. i cannot stress enough the fact that any ideas you might have about having 'way too much fat' on you are in your head. if you're concerned about your appearance, try to build some muscle, but as for your body, having that little fat on you is extremely detrimental for your health. given your outlook on your weight i would irregardless recommend seeking out a therapist specializing in eating disorders, if nothing else, to make sure that you're fine, because literally everything about your post indicates that you're at serious risk

t. took a bunch of courses on eating disorder treatments by one of the foremost clinical experts on anorexia nervosa in my country

sweet baby Yeshua..

Attached: 58383858.jpg (426x341, 31K)

Yes you can be perfectly healthy at that weight, and probably are healthier than the average person if what you say about your diet and exercise is true

I hate to say this because it sounds like something a coping fatass would say, but there is no specific "healthy weight" range - everyone is different. Two guys who both weigh 150lbs, eat the same diet, and do the same exercises can look entirely different because there's factors like bone mass and frame to consider. Everyone really does carry their weight differently

TL;DR no, having bmi under 18.5 doesn't necessarily make you unhealthy. Pic unrelated, I just thought it was hilarious

Attached: SS.png (1752x964, 846K)

Post body

The same "healthy weight" range doesn't apply to everyone. Imagine two 5'10" guys: one has a massive frame and big bone structure, broad shoulders and 9" wrists while the other is a framelet with narrow shoulders and 6" wrists. Obviously the framelet would have lower BMI despite been the same height as the big guy, even if these guys have the same amound of muscle mass and bf%

Everyone does carry their weight differently

IMAGINE

If you're not a skinnyfat it's fine. Make sure to exercise enough tho. If you have no muscle whatsoever no wonder you feel like you look fat at a higher bodyweight.

>110 pounds
>6 foot tall
Bros...

Attached: ca854f25d0e449a7c6933de5dc58c6c2.jpg (640x960, 112K)

>medical outline that should fit all people
>Hurr durr naturally it doesnt work on 'outliers'
Is this dumb ass daft? Why use it as a standard if it will not work in all cases? Ya know what does? Height, Weight, AND BF%. It is so simple. You add BF% and suddenly it doesn't suck shit. But no. I bet you think vaccines cause autism because you saw it on some medical website. But continue using it dummy.

Attached: 1542562837055.png (492x503, 439K)

Aaa, spoken like a true outsider.

Attached: CBBC28FF-BAA3-4817-87DB-0C9894A66D62.png (500x353, 86K)

BMI is meaningless in determining the health of individuals. It's primary and should be only use, is in looking at entire populations

unironically post body. bmi is shit metric. yes youre probably a little underweight but depending on bf% and muscle mass youre probably fine to exist. you can gain weight in muscle and bump up those numbers though and be a healthy 110+

Skellys are unironically more disgusting than fatties.
If you can see hip bones as a woman you need to gain weight.

>5’4 and 93 lbs
I wanna like, throw you into a load bearing wall

Post body, we have to see what we're working with to give you an accurate recommendation.

Hnnnnng..... hhhhnnnNNNNNNNGGGG BAAAAAAAAAASED....... REEEEEEED.. PIIIIIILLLLLLED