Weekly long run reminder thread

It's Sunday again motherfuckers! Have you gone on your long run yet?

Attached: s19-may-bondi-b.jpg (600x338, 37K)

No, I run a mile on the treadmill most lifting days (not leg) and run 5k on Saturdays.

Yes sir

Attached: 1564498374758.jpg (583x707, 109K)

I ran a 10 k the other day and I incorporate some sprints after every mile and now I think I got plantar fasciitis. Hurts really bad bros I’m still recovering g

Nope, waiting to get my car back from repair. Next week hopefully.

> waiting to get my car back
> so I can run

haha aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I don't run because I don't have mental illness.

I run in the mountains. It's pretty far from my home.

Yes, it was awesome.

Attached: 1564228424951.jpg (1448x2048, 348K)

Had a pretty good run today, 11 miles.

>running for a whole week
wtf

ok fatty

if a mountain lion gets you, you will never be found

No, running is stupid. It will destroy your joints. Do other types of cardio.

based. 9 miles here

I run to outrun them

There's no mountain lions in the Alps.

Attached: 1564491089942.jpg (1000x1272, 193K)

>Not doing squats to form his legs into unbreakable machines

Attached: 1zpld7rxcb831.jpg (2083x2087, 511K)

12.5 miles, wife asked why i didn't just finish off a half Marathon... I'm never good enough

>the thing the human body evolved to excel at is stupid

What a terrible board this is. Fucking retarded

>long run
>he doesn't sprint 100ms 10 times and then go run for his fastest 5K
Yikes.

Well, why didn't you? Stay hard user.

>i dont just go outside and run
>i must drive a long way to the mountains

Lol what a bitch

Nah, didnt run today. Sunday is my leg day. I run later in the week.

I think i have shin splints from running 10k every day for the past month. What should i do? Should i just quit for a few weeks or switch to cycling. Any advice is appreciated.

Take time off running. Ease back into it in a few weeks. Don't add more than 10% to your mileage per week.

I ran 13.36 miles in 2 hours today. Not that fast but I did my last mile in 8 minutes. I'm trying to build mileage the Lydiard way and get a 5k in under 18 minutes. Thawlts? My fastest is 20:42 but I think it's psychological more than anything

Post bodies

Weird, I run a 19:00 5k and I've never ran 13 miles in one go. Usually just 5-7 most days.

Are you pushing yourself till you're about to puke on your race day? Do you have a day dedicated to HIIT?

Weightlifting will destroy your joints if you jump into squatting 405lbs with bad form.

I've never actually ran an actual race before tbqh lad. Also before this I was probably running 10-20 miles a week too... I know I'm retarded, especially for upping my mileage so much as well (this past week I ran 48.8 miles) which can cause injury. I've just got it in my head to get an 18 minute 5k over the next 12 months

Thanks user!

What kind of mileage per week should I be aiming for if I’m mainly trying to get my 5k time down? Currently doing 20 miles a week, should I stop increasing mileage when I get to 30 or is there basically no point in putting a limit on mileage progression?

Get up to 30-40 and do that for about 6 weeks. Then back off on mileage slightly and start incorporating speed work.

Feel free to keep increasing until about 60 mpw. Just make sure you take a week with lower mileage every 2-3 weeks. And never increase more than 10% each week.

You betcha 7.2 miles nice and easy except when I had to sprint to beat a train.

Was gonna do 16 but I blew off my homework. I'm thinking 11 as a fartlek instead.

was planning to go on a long run today but it was the first morning of the summer that was 65 and sunny so I couldn't resist hoping on the bike instead for a cool 30km around the city

I am this guy:
How bad is it that I went from 10-20 to about 50 miles per week? You say never increase by more than 10%... Does it help that I've had an athletic background in boxing? Or am I definitely going to snap city? I haven't had pains so far

First post your cardio bunny body with timestamp.

yeah i ran my 10k yesterday :)

My father left the car's lights on (5th time in two months), this time I did not manage to make it start, I pushed it for two blocks and then I could not continue, felt a bit ashamed of myself, not sure what to do to improve that.

This image makes me uncomfortable

Generally if you're only doing low intensity cardio then any aches/pains will develop slowly enough that you can back off. If you don't have any problems then fuck it ig.

Personally, if I upped mileage that fast my calves and ankles would be stiffer than Jeffrey Epstein at a Justin Bieber concert

Cheers lad