I have a power rack in my gym room and I work from home...

I have a power rack in my gym room and I work from home, what would happen if I kept the bar loaded with whatever my 10 rep max is on a lift (like ohp) and once every hour I ran in there to hit 1 set of 10 reps on ohp? What if I did this every hour for 12 hours, so 12 sets and 120 reps of ohp a day? All of this on top of my normal workout ofc. Would I make any significant gains?

Attached: best-power-rack-reviews.jpg (600x450, 32K)

what the shit

Attached: 38D741AA-1D79-467A-BA90-95CBD7404D73.jpg (750x969, 532K)

If you wanna work out twice a day then do an advanced program for it like bulgarian method this is just retarded and pointless waste of time.

Once you stop larping your gains are assured...

Greasing the groove, sounds fun

i do this but with snacking

Attached: 1515624367486.jpg (850x838, 143K)

you will have very sore muscles and will regret your decisions

you would fail the second or third set if its your 10rm

soreness means ur building muscle u dyel, more of it is better

There is literally zero scientific backing for that statement

you’d probably need to warm up every time too though. unless your 10 rep is super weak.

Kek same. Based and bloatpilled

Attached: 1562369774177.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Ummm I read it in a Jow Forums comment
That's all the scientific backing you need

I just have a barbell on my floor but I’m curious about this as well op. For me it would be pressing like 115 every few hours once or twice. Wondering if that and strict lateral raises with 15lb dumbbells might be beneficial.

pretty sure this is how bugenhagen does it

Quick google search shows you are wrong.
Eccentric muscle contractions (EMCs) gives better muscle hypertrophy, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is caused by EMCs, sorenessness builds more muscle.

Go take your smug shit back to redit bro.

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-013149~2.png (1440x1906, 371K)

You might leave humanity behind

DK how would greasing the groove work with barbell movements, it's good for bw stuff. Try it OP.

Significant CNS gains, but you want to do it with a five rep max. This means you won't grow, but you'll get more ripped due to contracting your muscle harder.
Though, front delts aren't exactly a high volume muscle. I'd do it with bench, squat, and pulls like any other working program.

So this would be good for deadlifts? Damn I wanna try for 60 reps of diddly a day, sounds beastly

Do it at your own risk. I'd go with weighted pull ups, but you might not cripple yourself if you keep the 5 rep training max conservative and maintain form for every single rep.

Super bad idea, further proof that this board is completely useless except for browsing when I'm completely bored.

If it was a true 10 rep max you probably wouldn't even make it through the second set of the day.

If it was a TRUE max then he'd shred the the muscles off his bones and go into a coma.
It's probably a training max though, don't worry.

Mark rippetoe the guy who wrote Starting Strength disagrees.
Soreness is a symptom of building muscle but building muscle is not a symptom of soreness. You can make yourself sore and not build muscle.

I was replying to the statement that there is "zero scientific backing" for that statement. But there is plenty. The smugness of the statement was set me off, but it was also not having a dart that made me in a pissy mood. I'm sure there are some types of muscle soreness that won't be good, but generally DOMS is a good thing.

Just my observation but generally newbies increase muscle mass the quickest, and they also generally experience DOMS easier. It feels they are likely related.