Why only in certain situations like when your life (or other person’s life) is in danger are we able to move or hold...

Why only in certain situations like when your life (or other person’s life) is in danger are we able to move or hold more weight? If mind is over body, why am I unable to lift the weight I want on command and not situationally?

Attached: E2D91820-258A-4CD3-B6EB-659A14EF1408.jpg (640x662, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1-U5O7HCt0A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't have conscious control over the vast majority of your body, it's too important to allow you conscious control. Your adrenal glands are amongst the things too important to allow you control.

My what

This. If people could get adrenaline rushes on demand then they would destroy their bodies.

But how is that? You’re not lifting something impossible for your body, you just maximize your full possible strength. How could that damage you?

>Why can't I drive my big ass 5,000 lb truck over this bridge that has a weight limit of 4,000 lbs? Don't they know those engineering limits have a safety factor built in? If it's not impossible for me to cross, how could that be dangerous?

>How could that damage you?
your tendons, ligaments and bones would break as they adapt much slower than muscle

Your muscles are strong enough to slip discs in your spine and rip their own tendons off the bones they're anchored to. The body limits its strength for a reason, that shit's for emergencies only bro.

your brain will protect you, and not allow you to maximize use of absolutely everything. It always want to hold something in reserve. Holding something in reserve most often allows you to live longer.

unless it truly is a matter of life or death, that is, if you can't do this, you will die.

Gyms should keep us in mortal danger while we do our sets.

Attached: E7EA91CE-6162-4CCC-87AC-D39BD65F008E.jpg (220x280, 27K)

It's not impossible that there were individuals in the human history who, through an evolutionary mutation, had a modicum of control over their adrenaline production. Clearly however that adaptation was a negative to their net survival since such people did not form a distinctive, prevalent group anywhere.
There is a reason that moderation is considered a virtue.

>can't lift on command
>can pickup, toss, carry, and throw chicks around in the bedroom like they ain't shit

What did God mean by this?

When people perform these feats of strength they break bone and seriously tear muscle

New gut research actually seems to indicate there's a "back door'' to the adrenal gland, located right next to the prostate. This is why gay men sometimes have higher testosterone than straight men, and having high testosterone or being stressed out increases homosexual urges.

Safety and desperation.

If you could lift your full potential at any moment with no prep, you would be prone to injury. Your body is designed for endurance, so it'll make sure not to risk injury unless it matters.

In a life or death situation, you will be desperate to achieve a task. Say you go for a long hike, something 5km longer than you were prepared for. You finish all but 5k and you're tired and can barely move, but you have to make it to camp before dark. Your body will kick in endorphins and adrenaline to make it through because you MUST succeed.

true

KOIKEN

You don't need to lift more weight. You're in a fucking gym. As soon as you leave, all that will have mattered, for most people, is if you were able to tear down the appropriate muscle or challenge your cardiovascular system without injuring yourself. Did you know that people that lift weights actually have slightly lower t levels than people that don't? Lifting heavy isn't increasing your explosiveness or making you attractive to women. Take the slow approach, and a few weeks, months, and years later, you'll be fairly consistently getting stronger, while some asshole is bouncing a one rep max off his chest or dead lifting with straps and slamming the weights on the ground with an unimpressive physique and muscle development that doesn't transfer to virtually any use outside the weight room. Lift to slowly develop muscle and if you want a real type of strength, athletic ability, etc., allocate time to training those specifically. Gym is for bodybuilding.

That blonde looks like garbage

shes a mouth breather, she should learn to mew

You sir are retarded

based schizoposter

Agreed user, mouth breathers instantly make me think of youtu.be/1-U5O7HCt0A
Saw this high on v4c once

Bruh. Im shitting a huge log right now and laughing.

I started nose breathing and mewing a year ago and since then I notice mouth breathers every single time, it's so common it's unbelievable. And they all have fucked up jaws.

I do "suicide reps" on the bench (without safeties) where I feel too tired to continue but still do one more rep - if I can't finish it I die, and so far I have finished every one.
Death is strangely motivational, you know?

Attached: Hvað.jpg (480x360, 32K)

I was benching 80kg one time for 5 rep sets and I didn't have safeties and I failed a last rep and my life literally flashed before my eyes as the barbell fell down to my body and I didn't have the strength to push it back up. I had to squirm to get it off me.

The mechanism is adrenaline
The reason is if you use 100%, you damage yourself. Your brain puts a barrier to protect you from snapping your shit every other day, but there are times where tearing a ligament is the preferred choice (over inability to react with sufficient force)

Even lifting submaximally hurts you. That's why you need to recover and how you grow. Lifting actually maximum weight would injure you seriously

>Why only in certain situations like when your life (or other person’s life) is in danger are we able to move or hold more weight? If mind is over body, why am I unable to lift the weight I want on command and not situationally?
Because of your bones and other tissue, basically to prevent your muscles from breaking yourself apart

it's a rush, isn't it?
h-haha

Attached: 1475818348363.jpg (480x454, 69K)