So

So.

I'm 40 years old. Getting fat. Need to change my life style. Wanna get the weight off and tone up. My partner is actually scared of me being as big as I am. She has hypermobilty which causes her muscle and joint pains and the thought of me on top of her terrifies her haha. I get it, makes perfect sense so I'm not taking offence to it. I wouldn't want a fat blob sweating on top of me either.

So my question. What's the quickest safest way to lose the fat. I previously worked a very physical job (block paving) and the weight just fell off and the muscles grew. But I'm not going back into that work anymore (long story).

I have a treadmill at home, no money for the gym or weights. Other than not eating shit anymore will running daily help me with the weight loss? Or is there something I could more proactively do to speed things up a little.

Ive lost a few family members to heart disease and strokes etc, and I really don't want to be the next one. Halp!

Attached: 1563953108351.jpg (750x616, 257K)

Read the sticky

>40 years old
>partner
Bitch ass nigger, what, you couldn't put a ring on it?

Do Block paving at home

How fat? just changing your diet is the most important part for weight loss. If you are seriously fat you will hurt yourself running. But definitely go for a walk every morning

>40-year-old
>on Jow Forums

Nigger, you have bigger problems in life.

If you say you are fat user you would want to change your diet eat less calories then you use but when you say you are doing a physically demanding job and you're still fat then your diet needs to change

No longer doing it. Changed to a totally different job. Aware that diet needs to change. Not massively overweight just getting a bit of a big gut. Climbing a flight of stairs is making me out of breath.

Not everyone believes in marriage/thinks it's necessary. Been together 12 years and have a 7 year old son. Very happy, no piece of paper needed.

Work out your TDEE (google TDEE calculator).
Then eat less than that number. Running will help because it will burn calories, but the majority of it will just be from eating less calories.

Nah, can't be done on the scale I did at my work. 100-200 Square meters a day.

>raising a child out of wedlock

Attached: 1548844642104.png (369x300, 7K)

Whatever. Take your religious faggotry elsewhere.

Just quit eating so much you fat fuck

I'm an atheist. You're still a fucking retard.

OK that's a fair point. Is running a good place to start with cardio? Should I just hammer the treadmill till I flop? Start with brisk walks?

Drop soda/processed foods and fast 2 separate days a week.

Also do cardio. You'll lose weight and feel great like you wouldn't believe

The concept of wedlock is a religious one. So as I say take it elsewhere. Nothing useful to contribute then go find something useful to do. Like getting out of your mom's basement.

You are legally entitled to marriage benefits. Make sure to file taxes accordingly

If you can run and your knees aren’t too fucked, then running is fine. Any type of cardio will work though, swimming, rowing etc.
I’ll reiterate that the most important thing is diet thought.

Ive considered fasting. On the occasions I've done it inintentionally I've gotten quite a buzz. Is it safe to do?

>The concept of wedlock is a religious one
That's because you're a brainlet. Marriage was inevented for completely different reasons.

Not in the UK.

Yeah the propogation of religion. Extension of control over peoples sex lives etc. Also in a world where life was cheap it made sense. We aren't cavemen any more.

In moderation, yes. Be aware though, many people who start out with getting fit are very motivated for the first couple months, and do insane workouts and whatnot. But then they realize that this is not a limited time cure for their problems, but a lifestyle that you have to keep, especially when you age. Yes, if your knees can handle it run. Check out bodyweight exercises (calisthenics). Avoid heavily processed foods like white grain bread and anything with HFCS. Instead of ordering pizza, bake it with your kids. And whatever you do, get rid off all soda, even sugarfree stuff (it messes with your insulin system and is in general terrible for you). I replaced all my previous soda intake with tea and water. Get a nice teapot and a water filter and try out all the kinds you can find. But whatever you do, the most important part is to stick with it.

>keto diet
>Join a gym and do big compound strength training plan x 5 days a week.
>5 x 5 sets the most you can lift, or do pyramids until you get to 1rpm and then taper off and hit the reps.
>separate legs from upper body to allow recovery.
>Do post strength CV - 20mins, (Bike, row, run) after strength training.

Not going to lie to you, I'm an old fag too, not far off 40, it's going to be hard for you;
you're going to have injuries and need longer periods for recovery.