I am in conflict

I am in conflict
>sticky says get hydrolized whey for the BCAAs
>fit says hydrolized whey is a meme in addition to the BCAAs it provides and that I should just go for cheaper isolate instead

wat do

Attached: B0E50CB2-999B-4998-B449-42A6E661FCF2.jpg (806x1200, 321K)

Your mom, lol

based and mompilled

no

i just by the cheapest whey that's from a reputable company

supp store owner here.

dont worry about getting hydrolyzed whey unless youre lactose intolerant. The marketing of it being "the fastest digesting protein" is true, but not worth you paying double the price. Get any whey protein that has whey isolate and concentrate.

Also, BCAAs in protein is also just another marketing term. By nature, any complete protein is made up of aminos, so theres no more leucine, isoleucine, and valine in 25g of whey protein than there is in 25g of protein from chicken breast.

Do NOT buy protein with added bcaas

You should be making sure youre whey is from aus/nz or unideally the usa. A lot of companies use Chinese whey which tends to be contaminated with fun stuff (one time snow leopard dna).

Whether or not whey is hydrolyzed or not doesn't affect the BCAA content so the point is moot. Both have equivalent BCAAs per gram of protein

>implying you wouldn't want to ingest snow leopard dna

Attached: snowleopard.jpg (800x480, 33K)

Which brand would you personally recommend then?

What supps do you actually recommend when not trying to sell more. Whey is just food so obviously it works, and creatine is very well studied, but what else?

Attached: ricard13.jpg (1080x1566, 79K)

Idk where you are but I buy Planet Food whey protein isolate. It has no flavour, so it just tastes like sorta milk. In fact those artificial sweeteners arent really that good for you. Theyres really no better product. Pure and from a first world country. You can of course get different supplements (non whey) but most of the time theyre useless. I know people who dont bother with proper supplements (just used skim milk) and theyre huge.

supp guy here.
I personally have been using dymatize elite whey for no particular reason other than its a good blend, its 3rd party tested, and the flavors are all solid, and i dont wanna drink something terrible tasting. Brands like Optimum nutrition are good, but in my opinion, are never worth the extra 10 bucks. I know alot of people recommend buying "my protein" in bulk, but the only flavor i ever tried wasnt very good, but if that doesnt bother you maybe thats a good route.

i take protein, creatine HCL, fish oils, ashwagandha, a greens product, and probiotics.

BCAAs are only beneficial on a cut, otherwise dont waste your money. The only aminos i would recommend would be EAAs.
Pre workout helps but isnt necessary. But something with mild caffeine, and a ton of nitric oxide boosters for a better workout.

>BCAAs are only beneficial on a cut
Currently cutting for fighting weight. How do I get bcaa?

Are the BCAAs in whey sufficient when cutting or should you get more?

you can buy aminos for pretty cheap, but opt for fermented, plant based aminos are they are better quality. Essentially, clinical studies have shown that BCAAs can help with preventing excess muscle catabolism on weight and body fat cuts, but you should still always have a high protein diet. And BCAAs alone have recently been shown to do nothing for actual protein synthesis, only EAAs help with that.

For weight maintenance, or on a bulk, BCAAs alone arent even necessary as youre getting an excess amount of calories and nutrition for overall building and recovery

Most important amino for recovery, and muscle sparing seems to be leucine so supplementing an extra 5g a day should be plenty. If youre protein intake is skyhigh on a cut(1g per pound of body weight) then youre probably fine, but i think the studies on BCAAs for muscle sparing were like 5-10g a day. Also, too much leucine can trigger an insulin response, so dont overdo them either

>1g per pound of body weight
I was about to say thats low but then i realised ita in pounds.

Thanks
I am currently in a calorie deficit while maintaining 1g protein per lbs body weight. It requires moderate carbo and fat intake but high protein intake. I can’t really drink 5 protein shakes full of BCAA a day considering it would be expensive and also as you said, too much can raise insulin levels
What would you recommend for this?

Also what EAA supplement brand would you recommend if you’re taking any?

bulk powders