What Jow Forums think about skateboarding?

What Jow Forums think about skateboarding?
I'm 18, pretty big but not fat.
Is there a some benefit out of it?
My friend think that if he do some stuff on skateboard he dont have to train legs...
I like being active and doing stuff outside, i think that skateboarding can be a good excuse to go out.
Or i'm too old for this?

Attached: p01pb962500c.jpg (1764x2217, 498K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqJ5Or_CSHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

learn tennis or golf

18s pretty old and at that age i doubt you will get good enough at it to have fun, but if you want to give it a try go for it

problem is you'll be an old man by the time you're good in 2-3 years. People either stop skateboarding by 20 or become methheads.

longboarding is pretty easy to learn tho and you can bomb some fat hills.

Skaters are fucking losers. In college, girls and guys alike would laugh at them frequently. Maybe, its because I'm in Texas, but skating is not cool.

Go to /asp/ and ask /esg/ You're never too old to skate

>longboarding

Skateboading is fun but painful. Its basically cardio and a whole lot of jumping.

Skating is great. I have been surfing my whole life and casually skated over the years but really got into it last year at age 28. If you are fit and surf/skate you will slay some snatch.

Don't listen to the fat sperglords here who could never balance on a board lmao

If you enjoy it it's like exercise that's never a chore.

It's not easy and your shins will be covered in bruises and you'll roll your ankles.

Attached: NKAns.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

I'm an expert skateboarder at 26 (360 hardflips from stairs and shit) and let me be completely honest.

Positives
>It will strengthen your core a lot
>It will strengthen your quads and calves but don't expect mass, you still need leg day
>It will greatly improve your cardiovascular health
>It will boost up your confidence and willpower
>It will potentially get you friends or at worst, acquaintances. Skaters are like a brotherhood
>It will make girls stare at you if you're attractive enough / not fat
>It will make people smile, especially children and tourists, 360 flips make people go wide-eyed

Negatives
>It will make you very sore if you skate infrequently, assuming you skate as intensely as you should be.
>It will fuck you up until you instinctively learn how to fall properly and improve your balance
>It will turn most old people against you
>If your country has shitty laws, you might have to run from the police.

Neutral:
>It burns a fuckton of calories, which sucks if you're a skelly, but great if you're fat

Attached: 1563896708845.jpg (500x278, 38K)

1. Skateboarding is obviously not the most efficient form of exercise, cardio or resistance
2. No it's really not training your legs well but I suppose compared to doing absolutely nothing it's something
3. Injury rates are insane
4. You're only picking up high school trash skateboarding
5. If you aren't too old for it right now you will be in about 2 years which means by the time you'll be any good you'll be too old
6. Even doing it now you're putting yourself in a group of stoners and druggies that aren't going anywhere

Retard detected. He can skate alone dumbass.

540 flip up a 5 stair with a switch landing, and he took a leg off to stand on one foot for a second in the middle of it? Fuck I feel old, I don't even know what to make of this. Is standing on one foot mid-trick a think now?

Attached: nka-donnyhixsonwebm2.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>360 hardflips from stairs
Hello jeffwonsong

weck is fucking based, skates, lifts and smokes, what more could you want
people do gay shit like that now so they feel special

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

YOURE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE

>expert skateboarder

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=IqJ5Or_CSHw

Tony Hawk is 52.

I skated for several years and never got tired after a sesh with the pals.

I say it how it is, bitch.

Attached: 1.png (499x142, 63K)

Its a bad idea if you have a real job where your physical ability matters. Nothing like breaking your leg and not being able to do your job any more.

If your goal is to hurt yourself, skating is probably the best way to do it

not majorly faggy but kinda faggy though

longboarding is for faggots

It's fun, but comes with tradeoffs.
In very few sports do you regularly eat shit on concrete. The likelihood of injury is pretty high.

That level of skill is inhuman.

It ain’t easy.
It’s so fucking rewarding and fun once you get into it tho, and there is no such thing as too old, just do it.
Plus, you make some friends along the way.

It’s way harder then you think and people who are good at it spent a considerable amount of their childhood skating. I’m talking like three months for you to Ollie 3 inches. It’s also mainly a kid/teenager thing.

Dont listen to the fucking retarded faggots in this thread. I'm 30 and still skate. It's not the most intense workout but it's still a physical activity and honestly I just do it for fun/as a hobby, not as a workout. Give it a shot, practice and dont feel bad if you fall flat on your ass. You'll get better. Lookup skate videos for beginners on YouTube too.

just ollies up a curb for the first time it was an incredible feeling, good exercise but can be taxing on the body. also since focusing on my squats my skating feels a lot better

I got this body from skateboarding for 3 years. Minimum of 1hr each day

Attached: IMG_20190724_172850.jpg (2250x2412, 555K)

lol