I tried to lift 3.5 pl8 deadlift today which would have been a PR for me...

i tried to lift 3.5 pl8 deadlift today which would have been a PR for me. tried 3 times but i couldnt get it passed just below my waist. what does this mean?

Attached: a-dlsetup-shdnmmwwqhu7512jh-1031x687.jpg (1031x687, 103K)

Try again next week fren

>DL
>couldnt get it passed just below my waist
I think there's been a misunderstanding here.

It means that your back is weak. Train your back more.

Deadlifting is hard; don't beat yourself up over it.

Attached: 2.webm (480x480, 2.99M)

Yeah what the fuck is OP talking about?

Deads end around your upper thigh dude... on or slightly past your dick.

Why the fuck are they passing out?

You need to work on your upper back more.

Have a look at the muscles a deadlift works, and factor in training with some assistance exercises for them.

Stuff like pendely rows, barbell shrugs, good mornings, rack pulls, t-bar rows etc.. all help with the 2nd part of the lift, which is the lock-out.

Glute exercise also help in getting the hips forward easily. Is your back straight throughout the whole lift?

Rapid changes in blood pressure from being under the tension of the lift to letting go and relaxing.

Deadlifting is hard man.

Did the last one snap his leg?

Reflex syncope. Not enough blood pressure, brain doesn't get enough oxygen. Happens when you lift heavy and usually when you change plans (horizontal position to vertical position). Can happen with BB rows to when you get up after a set.

Thanks homies

Seems so.

yep
what kind of retard deadlifts up against the wall anyway
fucking idiot

>Deadlift heavy
>Blood rushing through your head
>Drop weight
>Blood pressure drops
>Either get light headed or pass out

Why shouldn't I wear a helmet when doing dls, then?

the last one when the bar bends his legs fuck

you could. the guy with the afro looks like he got brain damage from hitting his head (fencing response)

L

Stripey shirt could have caught the first guy. Prick.

One of the reasons to breathe correctly. Lifting deadlifts follows the Valsalva maneuver in that when you hold your breathe while deadlifting, your blood builds up in your heart (1) and is unable to push out due to the pressure inside your chest. This is compensated by your heart beating at a faster rate and reduces the inner diameter of your blood vessels to maintain circulation (2).

Now when the deadlifter exhales at the top, some of the pressure is relieved and the heart is less restricted to pump and the blood vessels' diameter increases and temporary reduces flow to the brain (3). Depending how quick the pressure is relieved will slow the blood travel to the brain and cause fainting.

To prevent fainting during deadlifts or reduce the effects of valsalva maneuver,
a) exhale on the way up, not at the top as this will cause (3) which lowers the amount of blood traveling to the brain. (Professionals seem not to like this as they believe that pressure is good for stability)
b) don't drop the weight after deadift (although competitions seem to do this) as this creates a massive decrease in pressure and reduces bloodflow to the brain.

Personally I exhale a bit before lifting (sacrifices some form) and quickly exhale from just above halfway of the lift and inhale at the top to restart valsalva maneuver and then to go down in a controlled manner to not drop the weight.
I only do 3.5plate deadlifts and not a professional lifter so they might have more insight of the manner.

Attached: 450px-Valsalva3.jpg (450x323, 16K)

I do because that's where the "DEADLIFT ZONE" in my gym is for some reason

I DL'd 185 for the first time for reps yesterday

If you have a hard time with the lock out then your upper back needs some accessory work. So lat pull downs and rows should strengthen your back make the top easier.

It's a girl.

kilos?

imagine not being to at least deadlift 6 pl8

Means youre pretty close, just rest and eat well tonight and try again in a couple days you'll hit it next time

Holding the lockout at the top. Reason why Eddie Hall's brain turned to mush after his 500KG world record deadlift. Never hold the lockout boys

DONT DEADLIFT WITH YOUR BACK TO THE WALL, FACE THE WALL.

>implying a woman couldn't just grab his head and make it so he collapses gently
why are modern women so shit.