Why is military fitness so bad Jow Forums?

Why is military fitness so bad Jow Forums?

>doing phys 3/4/5 times a week for 10 weeks
>literally just cardio and bodyweight exercises
>final fitness test comes (we did one at start of training too), PACER score increased by just under 1 level, amount of pushups decreased by 1, amount of situps increased by 4.

10 weeks of getting screamed at for a very very minor increase in ability? What gives?

Attached: 7b0.jpg (680x895, 70K)

You don't win a war by doing press ups and sit ups. You win wars by being able to get from a to b as quickly as possible

No you win wars by out-numbering and out-wealthying another country

It’s meant to get the most out of shape civvie into enough shape to haul some cargo or toss their gun to someone who isn’t fucked when they get shot. You aren’t joining a space marine chapter

The Brits tried this and failed at least once. You win wars by getting gud bub

You win wars by having laser guided missiles and remote drones dropping ordinates on targets with the operator a world away.

If you think being a good grunt is the best way to win a war you are so mistaken.

>win wars by getting gud
That's why Americans fail at war and have to redifinee the victory conditions.

No war has been won like this

You just get out of Army BCT?
t. 13B

tell me more about your proud lineage frenchie, fly that white flag proudly!

The Brits tried it and won 100 times for every one loss during their empire phase. Saying this didn't work once means it will never ever work is stupid.

War is the extension of politics by other means.
First question to define victory is "Why are you warring?"

Because you aren't in (Ch)Air Force, obvi

Americans were awesome at war when they were like this crazy ragtag group militiamen that went to war by mostly using an unpaid volunteer army. In the Spanish-American war they literally had 80% of people that were there just because fuck Spaniards. And their regular army used guerrilla tactics like Washington learned from Indian tribes. WW1 was the debut of the US as a formal standing "world powers" military and they've been kind of shitty since.

Ya'll are wrong. Only way to win a war is to march across the land and shoot anything that moves until the entire country is 100% depopulated. That way your retarded descendants don't throw everything you fought for in the name of progress.

Playin too much vidya there billy

t. people who have zero idea about warfare

cardio gains improve your ability to pilot drones.

Because with military training the aim isn't to get Jow Forums. The aim is to;
>Follow orders with discipline when barked at you
>Be able to go on for the longest time without rest
>Carry your basic equipment without falling over
That's it. All the veteran soldiers I've met had beer bellies and worse.

It's way cheaper to train troops with bodyweight and cardio

>PRIVATE WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE?
>"SIR TO DIE FOR ISRAEL SIR"

Imagine signing up to do that voluntarily

Attached: 1531272500672.png (327x316, 189K)

This thread is obviously not made by an actual member of the military. If you know jack shit about fitness in the military, PRT is not designed for fitness, it’s designed to essentially work as stretches to prevent injuries in the field. There is no mandated fitness in the military, just this weird bare minimal “getting the body used to uncomfortable poses” without breaking your hips.
Real military fitness is supported by the gyms onbase. OP, if you really are a soldier, hit the fucking gym before you shitpost about this again.

Unironically this. Do you think ayylmaos got to space through the power of diversity and liberalism? You think there's a ton of ayylmao races and ethnicities? Hell no. There's only aryan greys left.

Imagine thinking people in the military see combat

Joining the military has probably done worse for my fitness than anything else in my life
>t. POG

they push you so you can push yourself
being able to push yourself mentally is 100% more useful than a good 1mile time

I always thought the military boot camp and PT shit was just as much a mental exercise as a physical exercise.

I'm sure the army would be better off with a population of squatmaxxed and deadliftmaxxed soldiers all with crippling lower back or knee pain

I would disagree in theory since these problems only arise with poor form, but considering the dropouts, numbskulls and inbreds that end up in our military you’re probably right

OP here, not a soldier (navy) or murican.

> as if they don’t get that already from ruck marching

I hate stupid Jow Forums posts. They aren't fren

It's pretty bad for gains, but it's supposed to be teaching you endurance and stamina. Notice how you do pushups. You don't do them slow and methodically, there's no obsessed over perfect form. It's just rapid fire as many as you can until you're about to pass out.
Same with sit ups, but unfortunately military sit ups are actually dangerous to your back. If you can't do sit ups without someone support your feet, you shouldn't be doing them. It damages your back.
Military should switch to crunches.

no war in the past has been won like this but now and into the future they will be

>boot complains bc hes a boot
>civilians try to give opinions or war and military strategy

Reminder that POGs get better gains than soldiers, because they have time for the gym instead of shitty group PT

It is. There is zero physical advantage to deliberately depriving your recruits of sleep, but BMQ gives you 5 hours of sleep, and forces you to stay awake for 30 hours in the field. Mental toughness is just as important as physical fitness in a war scenario.

Marines are the worst about this shit. Lack of sleep, heavy rucks, shit nutrition. They just break you and then kick you out for being broken.

When?

>there is no mandated fitness in the military
>just yoga

fucking air force I swear

>There is no mandated fitness in the military
>What is PT

actually the "advantage" is that sleep deprivation is a well known, time tested method that cults use to soften up people and make them conformable. it's to basically weaken your mind so that you will obey orders without question,.

>forgetting about pilots

Attached: 3E42BFAE-E3C3-4BE3-A383-7006F55EBAE1.png (920x600, 753K)

Basic is just that basic. I can tell you didn't do any pushups or situps on your own time.