Rings=Otter Mode

Tell me why i'm right.

Attached: Rings.jpg (275x183, 8K)

Is this natty?

You are. Source: trust me I'd know

Attached: 1564395650384.png (638x638, 110K)

calisthenics = ottermode

Only if youre 5'6 and under with stellar genetics

>Is this Olympic athlete natty?
99% chance the answer is no

this is an olympian, so there are a few assumptions we can make.

>peak genetics
>rigorous training regimen
>not natty except for the moment they need to test

i fucking hate fags that say calisthenics > all weight training, then they do like 1/10 of actual athlete workload, look like shit because they dont have required technique background to do advanced movements and never train legs because thats literally disadvantage for them.

i do quite a bit of dips, pullups etc and those are fantastic movements. and the forces and moment arms that are placed upon muscles during gymnastic tricks can be huge due to leverage.
but holy fuck dont be that guy with fedora saying "WELL ACHHTUALLY OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTIG IS MUCH SUPERIOR TO POWERLIFTING" while being tub of lard yourself

not to mention 9/10 of those fuckboys are like 135 five footfuckall height that look like teenagers in clothes when they stand next to non lifting average male that sits on couch all day

too bad Olympians aren't natty

Are there any good guides on how to become ottermode? Everywhere I look, it's either something complex and non-specific or simplistic and non-detailed.

Very few people say that lol, almost everyone agrees weight training is better for long term hypertrophy.
I do only calisthenics, but only because I'm not a bodybuilder, it's hella convenient, and is better on my joints

As a homegym owner rings are fucking based. For $30 I can.
>do dips (dip station costs ~$80)
>ab rollouts
>burn out with ring pullups and push ups
Probably more stuff I'm not doing. The work on stabilization muscles I get is insane. 10/10

rings are indeed based but you have to be 5' to actually do any cool moves

Wrong, they're strength athletes. My sister's husband was a gymnast at one of the top D1 schools. This is similar to someone developing "farm boy'' strength, which is a real phenomenon. All of the guys on the team have great genetics and inordinately thick bone structure in the arms, especially in the wrist. Only about half of them are below 5'9, but are still not small, only short.People forget how young gymnasts are when they begin their journey in the sport. There aren't many, if any, sports where the athletes are doing harder (rarer) feats of athleticism at a younger age. None, at least in this circle of ten or so gymnasts, were what anyone would consider an "otter", more slight framed or wiry with a truly high metabolism. None of you know people who have been strength training hard from a younger age, unless they're forced to do manual labor. There just aren't other it. Wrestling comes close, but even they don't go as hard on strength training type movements when they're really young.

Basically my point is, strength training, which for weightlifting is taboo, from a young age builds stronger bone structure, and this is well documented. So you couple that with decent to strong genetics, and you'll get someone who, even natty, has a huge head start on the general population in terms of upper body strength. They aren't the same as these guys that start calesthenics in high school and just look muscular because of low bodyfat percentage.

that guy is 5'3"

I work out on rings, it's fairly challenging but I'm not sure how much gains you can get from it. I'm doing weighted dips, pushups and leg raises with them currently. It's really fun to work out on them though

oh also one armed pushups, it really works your core. For normal pushups you have to do ring turned out at the top, not sure why but it makes it 10x harder. I can do like 50 pushups on the ground but only 12-15 rings turned out

Attached: 1558322306319.jpg (640x640, 85K)

lift weights and have low bodyfat

why does it have to be one or the other?

this. And every time they post a pic of some dude who did the cali exercises for 10+ years like it's easy to achieve. Bodyweight is great but a solo routine you'd need to do it hours every day to get same results as weights

Same desu we have some at my gym and I really enjoy just fucking around with them so I bought my own pair to use at the park late at night.

Dont really understand how to progress or program on them properly but I enjoy practicing movements and holds.

Attached: unknown (2).png (463x604, 160K)