After much pestering, I have accepted an invitation to a social event

After much pestering, I have accepted an invitation to a social event.

How do I make social gains so I'm not a complete autist when I go to the event?
I have 4 days to train.
Seriously help though.

Attached: downloadfile-8.png (646x595, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DRXjxvTKXDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Need more info about the event. Formal/informal? Day/night? Will there be booze? Work people or friends? All of this matters

Cocaine

when you go shopping give the cashier a compliment
also the next time you have a conversation with someone try to empathize with them and be a good listener

Practice talking to people. Cashier at store, coffee shop girl. Just a comment thats maybe a little funny. You also dont need to be the one with the stories. Just ask questions. Everyone loves talking about themselves.
>Go anywhere for vacation this summer?
>Cool, it must have been so beautiful, did you see MONUMENT OR FAMOUS THING?
>How was the food? I heard FOOD YOU KNOW FROM THAT AREA is amazing.
I'll make it easy. Vacation, their work, their school, their hometown, their hobby. Ask about those and think of follow up questions for the topic. If you are going to contribute, it will be relaying a similar experience based on what they said with maybe a bit of a twist, maybe you heard about someone else's experience in a different part of that country. They will like that you are interested in them and a good listener. Also great when you include what you heard about someone else and let them contribute to the convo.
Alcohol is king, adderall is not as good. Makes me blabber a bit too much and have a dry mouth, also makes me anxious for public speaking.

And its all about confidence and delivery. I told this joke to a partner at a firm dinner youtu.be/DRXjxvTKXDc and he used me as an example for how to network in his speech to the room of students.

Informal, night, no booze, work people.

Informal and no booze? Youre fucked autist. Are you having a potluck? Eat and try to enjoy yourself. Have a couple high balls balls before you go. Just ask questions and relay something similar.

just be yourself amigo.

phenibut, but you probably can't get it delivered that quickly

so these are coworkers of yours who had to pester you to go to a social event and youre asking Jow Forums how to be social? its going to be very bad OP. very very bad. you're going to go, you'll stand there in a corner not talking to anyone and leave and you'll just confirm your autism to them and become even more of a social pariah that im sure you already are at work if they had to "beg" you to go, likely cause they want to see how autistic you act in that setting. i would suggest not going

not trying to be a debbie downer and prevent you from making it but ive been in the same situation

Sounds boring, just skip it

>girl I am losing sleep over wants to go see Hollywood with me
>Her bf is one of my best friends

Attached: 1563198489838.png (772x1228, 97K)

>no booze
Just have a couple of drinks before you go. Not too much to be blatantly drunk, just get that buzz to loosen up. Otherwise just be yourself and don't give a fuck what they think, but tdo try and avoid controversial topics. Try to listen more than you talk and look interested. If you sperg out and people look uncomfortable jus brush it off with "well that's awkard!" and stay positive, just a bump in the road.

>informal, night, no booze
who does this

Cringe and autismpilled

Autism

defeatist shit, don't listen to this guy op. start off talking to the people who invited you and try and mingle from there, don't just cling to the same people all night

After working retail to fix my autism the secret is to actually listen to convos and dont interject randomly. As much as we want to be the quick witted funny dude a joke will fall flat eventually. Literally if you dont have anything to say dont talk to fill in silence.

I would work retail but I feel like I’m stuck in a catch 22. My autism would hinder my abilities but to decrease my autism I should work in retail. Maybe it’s not a catch 22, it’s probably just a hurdle I need to overcome.

>controlled substance in Australia
wtf why is everything banned in aus

>Why does your breath reek of booze user, do you day drink?

Attached: 1550746820634.png (565x564, 497K)

This. Listen to this guy, OP, coke will save you that night.

haha no I just met a guy from my[sports/whatever] club for a drink before i came here (this may not work if everyone comes from work)