Yesterday I made a topic asking about getting a bike. I got one...

Yesterday I made a topic asking about getting a bike. I got one. Don't remember the specs (foreign to me) but the salesman suggested a base model hybrid bike for $450.
I went out relearning how to ride a bike and rode 3 miles and it's totally relaxing at 3am when there are no cars on the road. Stayed in a low gear cause the whole point is I'm trying to work my legs and tire myself out before sleep.
One problem, the seat hurts my taint. I asked the salesmen if men usually like these seats and he told me I needed to build more muscle down there as he patted his ass (mogged?). I've already had a cyst removed down there (thankfully not pilonidal - don't google it) and I don't want unnecessary pressure on my ass. Can anyone recommend a better bike seat?

Attached: wut.png (935x1402, 2.01M)

Attached: 48160783406_0d3d1e8ec9.jpg (333x499, 37K)

i got a sore taint when i first started riding too, it just goes away after a while, your poor boy pussy isnt used to getting worked.

consider getting better at riding out of the saddle when youre going up hills and over bumps and make sure your seat is high enough (you should have to stretch to touch the ground and your knee should be almost fully extended at the bottom of the stroke)

see if adjusting the seat & placement improves things

Make sure your fit is good, adjust the seat height and angle. you will eventually get used to it as your sit bones conform to the seat. the biggest meme on earth is people thinking they need some big cushy seat because of some minor pain. do a little bit of research about how you're actually supposed to sit on a bike seat too, it's something people dont think about very often but it can be a major help. also post your bike seat

also when you say low gear what do you mean? low gears are easier, high gears are harder. are you spinning the pedals a lot or is it a slower, harder pedal stroke?

Harder to pedal, and bike is much slower. It was dark so I guess I was reading the numbers wrong. I played around with different gears and it made the flat road "too easy" for a workout so I upped the amount of strength needed to move.

The salesmen adjused the seat to match my hip bone. My leg is almost fully extended at the bottom of the pedal. I'm not outside, but the seat looked similar to this:

Attached: 77131.jpg (1334x1000, 108K)

thanks user

thats honestly a more padded seat than most people that bike for a while will be using. Thats like a standard hybrid seat, desu. you'll get used to it eventually. just mess around with the adjustment a LITTLE BIT and find what works best. often times bike salesmen who do those point-of-sale fits will just change the height, but rarely will they change the tilt. and sometimes minute adjustments will vastly improve your comfort on the bike. It would help a lot if you had an actual picture of the seat as it is currently adjusted on your actual bike. I was a bike salesman for 3 years and have been working on bikes for 6 years now, and ive been through the whole array of adjustments and setups and making sure customers are as comfortable as they can be

The bike should be moving faster the harder you need to pedal - you're probably going into a high gear too fast. You should start at a gear that feels 'easy', move up, increase your speed by pedalling until it feels 'easy' again and then move up the gear etc. etc.

also your ass pains are just because you need to get used to it by the sound of it, come back in a week

The way you should ride a bike is with constant pressure on your feet, and so you don't get full pressure on your taint. Still, expect taint soreness initially. Eventually it won't feel bad at all, but you may still get numbness and it's a good idea to stand and pedal periodically to avoid it.

JUST IMAGINE

Yeah, the height was adjusted but not the angle.
I think the Jow Forums captchas subconciously made me want a bike.

Attached: bikeseat.jpg (1036x1508, 297K)

buy a biking culotte as gay as it sounds

Wtf my pp big

that doesnt look terribly out of adjustment but you could probably adjust the seat forward just a little bit (sliding it, not tilting it) and then maybe dropping it just a touch to compensate for the adjustment.

another good test is that when you're sitting on the bike, you should be able to fully extend your leg if you put your heel on the pedal. since when you're actually pedaling with the ball of your foot, it'll be at a proper extension

some of these can help but i'd give it a couple days and atleast 20-25 miles to get used to how it is set up, especially if you havent ever really ridden a bike for extended periods of time before

Thnx bro, I'mma try to sleep now with my sore gooch.

Your ass is gonna hurt at first. I got back on a bike a few years ago after not riding for a decade, and it fucking kills your butt where your pelvis hits the seat. You get used to it.

As for the gooch hurting, you can get split seats, where there's a gap in the middle (pic related) , or 'perch' seats, where only the butt support is there, but these can be harder to get used to, as there's less to sit on, for one, and you can't use your inner thighs to lean and steer.

You don't want to constantly be putting pressure on your taint though. It's basically the internal end of your wang, and hitting it too much can lead to nerve damage and ED.

Attached: saddle.jpg (880x575, 30K)

Wat if your balls fall below the seat height and then slide backwards into the gap so that the skin part slides in and your balls because they're thick get caught beneath and then, because you didnt notice, you swing your leg around to dismount your bike and your balls get ripped out from underneath you haha

Get a saddle with a cutout. Shimano Stealth or the specialized phenom are good ones

It's totally normal to get sore the first few times riding.
More padded saddles cause more problems, typically. I don't know how your cyst problem might affect the usual advice of having a hard and small saddle.

Also, did you buy cycling tights with the padded butt, or liners for your shorts?