/fat/ - believe edition

For dough elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

prev thread

Attached: 2982E025-8582-465B-B1EC-0BC2226D1581.png (723x752, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27059106
phcuk.org/rcts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for OMAD

CONFESS

Attached: 1498824819086.jpg (1510x1099, 671K)

I had fast food yesterday. Was shitty fast food, too. Burger King.

Attached: chiyo_weini.jpg (320x331, 15K)

Daily reminder keto is a meme

started to worry that dick gains were a meme all along and ate a sandwich

at what bf% does the fat pad go away?

Man fuck bk. They're on that gay ass woke shit and totally pozzed. Go to Wendy's instead. Better food from a cute anime girl. The quality is also top tier even at midnight.

genuinely and unironically if you know what to order BK is the best tasting fast food

but it is the devil so don’t go there at all

>if you know what to order
tell me what you know

silence lardass

I can not, in good conscience, recommend a fast food item on /fat/.

But I will say this - warm pita, spinach, tuna, shallots, and hot sauce is a based meal for a fatty

im hungry tell me what you know

eat baby carrots you swine this is holy ground

Skinnylet here, every time i see a fatty i wish they could transfer me that shit so we're both happy

me too

Attached: 1486246048265.jpg (763x758, 161K)

skinnylets and fatties need to be friends instead of arguing
we’re all gonna make it bros

>lost 20lbs in 5 weeks
were all going to make it

Looking for advice lads, weights have just arrived today.

Don't forget to CUT ALL CARBS OUT OF YOUR DIET if you want to lose weight, fatties.

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

Wendy’s is shit tier now
>ruined their bbq sauce
>never clean their drink filters
>horrible prices

Low carb does not just result in more weight loss than other comparison diets, it also results in more fat loss, especially when carbs are limited to 50 grams per day.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27059106

Attached: 35b_bar_OVERWEIGHTOBESITYrace.gif (507x335, 18K)

>tfw protein(even chicken) is expensive as fuck here
>tfw cuisine is carb heavy

Never gonna make it.

OHP/benchpress/squat/deadlift/barbellcurls etc

Filtered

Eggs.

If you can't afford healthy food just don't eat until you've saved enough money.

How many sets for starters? Is it okay for me to lift? I've been sedentary for too long.

>weigh in last night at midnight at 230lb
>weigh in this morning at 10:30AM at 224lb.

This one secret can make you lose six lb in less than 12 hours: drink a fuck ton of water. Stay hydrated fellas. Then piss it all out.

There are at least 31 modern scientific studies of the highest quality (RCTs, or randomized controlled trials) that show significantly better weight loss with low-carb diets.

phcuk.org/rcts/

Attached: PHC-LC-v-LF-RCTs-Inforgraphic-26.02.2018.png (805x571, 34K)

Had a yummy, yummy 20 pc McNuggie for lunch. Never gonna make it.

I don't know I would just lift till i couldn't anymore, you'll be fine as long you use proper form

can we just skip to the part where you get bored and fuck off

Ease in with just the bar, watch vids on technique and what to do if you can't put the bar back. Add weight as long as your form remains good. Ego lifting results in injuries. Look for programmes for beginners, they are designed for people that are out of shape.

Attached: 1564861700281.jpg (1076x1352, 111K)

Dyel?

Attached: bald-on-keto.jpg (940x689, 72K)

I've been doing well for two months now, lost 30 pounds, but I've been rolling around the idea of fasting for a day and then going to a Chinese buffet and just gorging for my birthday this Friday.

Should I do it bros?

Attached: omp11.jpg (480x640, 97K)

I keep buying smoothies
tropical smoothie café ones
they're so satisfying during these hot summer days

what would that do for you? why not go to a nice Chinese restaurant and get 2 really good entrees, eat as much as you want and take whatever is left over for later, when you think about it again. Then when you go to the fridge, theres some kickass leftover orange chicken or spare ribs. I promise it'll be tastier and you'll feel better for your choices instead of undoing all the progress you've made over the pretense of a "birthday".

Wouldn't you want your birthday to not end in shame and uncomfort?

Don't do it man. I worked out longer at the gym last week just so I could grab some fast food. Felt like shit afterwards. Stick the process trust your diet and routine. The results will come.

only equipment I have is two 15 kg dumbells. Can't buy anything and there's no gym in my remote village. I barely have internet. Anyone know any good exercises I could do with them that could simulate lifting in gym? Lost 30 kg with cycling around and CICO, need to lose 30 more to get to weight goal and you people always reccomend lifting

Over head press, shrugs, skullcrushers, bench, raises, many types of curls. Hold them as tight as you can when you lift them for forearm and grip gains

ive regained 5 kg. ive stopped going to the gym regularly, the motivation and discipline i had has gone away. I cant seem to make myself get back into "it". Dont know what to do about it even though i know its "just do it"

Attached: 1564633962488.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

oh also i did already loose 60 kg, so its not like i dont know what i need to do. But i changed jobs and so my lifestyle changed and this is the result, back to 95 kg from 90.

Attached: 1564652866967.png (952x717, 317K)

I need to buy heavier weights.

I was always a fat fuck, but i am now 100+ pounds overweight after quitting smoking. Been clean since December, but this is a new and different problem.

you’re losing water weight that has no real bearing on the composition of your body

Had a slice of cinnamon sugar buttered toast this morning that my kids didn’t finish. Also had like 3 eggs and no sugar other than that. Probably aight.

I've eaten almost nothing but cereal, nutrition shakes, and homemade cake for the last three weeks. Still losing weight because CICO is king, but fuck I wish I had the will to eat better.

thanks

Thanks lads, I just don't want to feel disgusting when I see myself anymore. Is there hope for me at 29 to get actually fit?

>can only lose 10 more lbs before I'm underweight
>body is freakishly skinny in some places and still really flabby in others
Life is pain.

Of course. It takes work and dedication as well as willpower but you can make it. Everybody can, all it takes is time and hard work. Respect your limits, it isn't a race and although pushing your limits is good, overexerting yourself too much gets you injuries, which cost months of progress.

Attached: 1564128709327.gif (500x370, 937K)

lift retard

Let's say you're a girl and just started your period. Your hormones are off the rails, water retention goes through the roof and your hunger and abdominal pains are constant.
Do you stick to your super restrictive diet (IF+CICO) or comfort your aching bleeding body by allowing it an exceptional 48h break ?
Asking for the friend of a friend.

Attached: IMG_8142.jpg (490x872, 88K)

yeah user, you can do it. With CICO, cardio and lifting you'll be under 100 kg in a couple of months. I'm currently 102 kg, started at 126 kg at the start of June. Height is 179 cm and age 28. If a fat lazy bastard like me can do it, you can too

Does anyone else at a high deficit experience a fairly intense coldness/numbness(?) in their feet? My hands are cold too, though not as bad. I'm thinking that the lack of calories is making it hard for my body to keep my extremities warm, but maybe I have circulation issues or I'm gonna die.

A calorie is a calorie. If it improves your mental and physical state to consume more, and you're fine with having a smaller deficit thus losing less fat, go for it. As long as you don't binge and you keep a healthy attitude about it, it's fine. Be especially careful to stay hydrated while you're menstruating. Dehydration can be mistaken for hunger.

i don't think it's too strange to feel cold on a high deficit. consider reducing it. if you're really worried, see a doctor.

ketard please go

>at 185 lbs right now
>need to get to 178 by August 17

How can I do this?

Post body.

Thanks lads, I'll try my best this time. I once managed to lose 20 kg but depression creeped in and all my work got fucked. I have really low energy in general but I'll do my best to get it work.

Remeber CUT ALL CARBS OUT OF YOUR DIET and NO SNACKING BETWEEN THE MEALS.

Attached: mpv-shot0007.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

>CICO is disproven because I cannot restrain myself to eating less calories

Attached: huutismies.jpg (126x126, 2K)

Remember*

What's your opinion on Apple Cider vinegar? does it really do you any good or is it just another meme?

Attached: 1231041868191.jpg (251x251, 13K)

A meme. Tastes godawful too.

some people say it helps kill cravings, i guess more because it has such a strong nasty taste than anything. otherwise pure meme.

>imagine buying all that shit but not even bothering to read the sticky
it's true, some people have more money than brains

I read it, I just like getting more personal advice from people.

E-even fruit and nutz?

then my personal advice for you is to read the OP as well, especially this part
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>how should I start lifting
is not a question related to weight loss, you didn't even put it in the context of weight loss like >how should my form be if I wanted to lift with a large stomach or >can I make gains while on a large caloric deficit
you just asked about lifting period

meme for weight loss but I like it's taste so I use it on salads and in some marinades

Fruit is one of the most fattening things you can eat, pure sugar. Sugar gets converted to fat easily. So eating fat and animal products is much better, fat cannot get converted to fat

How many grams of sugar a day are acceptable?

>as long as you don't binge
I'll do my best. Thanks for the hydration tip user

What's the point of these threads then mate? I just thought there would be people in these thread with same issue as I am(starting lifting when they're an out of shape fatass) and asked if it is ok to lift in this situation.

I see, I only eat melons but guess I'll have to cut them out too.

thinking of adding a fasting day once a week
feels like cheating though

I was joking you know

there are people in the QTDDTOT that have gone through weightloss too retard
and how many posts here are related to lifting only? can you really not discern the point of these threads?

Make sure you count, and pace yourself. Eating more than usual, or eating things like sweets if you don't usually have them, can trick your brain into saying "more, more". Good luck.

Whatever.

Oh, still better to leave them out I guess.

If I suck in my gut as hard as I can, you can finally tell I have ribs.
Also a girl who dumped in the winter is blowing up my phone
I must be making it.

The other day I had a McDonals. I felt awful afterwards

Attached: 1502803119863.jpg (627x466, 23K)

That's the normal metabolism slowdown which happens with calorie restriction.

You can fix it with fasting or keto.

How much body fat will someone gain if they eat a gram of uranium?

Attached: serveimage (4).jpg (1242x755, 59K)

No.

Reminder that keto is such a meme it's literally on the cover of magazines you see in grocery stores, marketed to mothers and idiots.

Attached: 1513792842568.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

All carbs means ALL carbs. There's no such thing as an essential carbohydrate.

>had one cheat day in the last 5 months for a local village celebration
>ate almost a kilogram of spit roasted boar meat for lunch and a whole 700g gilt head bream fish made under the coals for dinner
>since there was no oil or anything else except spices involved in the preparation it was still under 2000 calories
>weightloss resumed as normal the next day without any increase in weight (except I had the most massive shit ever, like giving birth to a little piglet)
Fish and game is fantastic

post body

Don’t wait for some nigga to tell you what. Looks up the BK nutritional stats for yourself and make a choice. Just remember having it *your way* is gonna include no cheese, and better yet, no bun. Drop the fries and soda as well. Beware of the dressings on salads; most options add bunches of calories, especially ranch.

Which isotope you talking about?

5.7 million lbs obviously

Congratulations!
Also, don’t take the bitch back. Ignore your dick, ignore your feelings; use your newfound figure to get a new gril worthy of your self.

well whatever everyone else says i found it easier to loose weight when i cut out carbohydrates like rice, bread and potatoes out of my diet. Eating just meat and vegetables and water is the easiest and surest way to guarantee caloric deficit since you end up feeling full with much less calories. t.guy who lost 140 lbs

Attached: serveimage (5).jpg (1200x1200, 203K)

>eating dinner at work
>pic related; 300g chicken, 1/2cup of rice, handful of green beans and some kidney beans, black beans and onion in the rice.

>user, I thought you are trying to lose weight!?

It's leftovers. It's a little carb heavy but is it really that terrible?

Attached: IMG_20190807_141247.jpg (2787x2157, 1.15M)

Yesterday was blessed with 130 more calories to eat. Instead I overeat 4 breads with butter. Never again

is it oily?
looks fine to me.
some people seem to think you can't have tasty food that's also healthy.

Steroids. Reason why he posted his test and he has the level of a 90 year old male. He was off cycle.

You also burn more calories in ketosis.