How often do you shampoo your hair?

How often do you shampoo your hair?
Naturally I have oily hair, and in the past couple of years I have developed a sort of unhealthy habit (I think) to shampoo it twice a day, in the morning right after workout and at night before bed. I live in really hot, humid climate so I shower often.

As a result my hair always looks either really dead/totally dry or very oily. At the same time if I don’t shampoo it or just wash it with water it ends up looking reallllly oily and people point it out to me. So I’m not sure what the solution is. Someone help pls.

Attached: 695131E7-A77B-4B21-8D9D-8EC3C8A9A470.jpg (672x624, 323K)

Take some time off and don't wash your hair at all for a week or two so the oil balance restores itself. You are washing it too much and it is making too much oil. I personally use shampoo every 2nd/3rd day, depending on circumstance. If I have short hair I can get away with using it once a week. I always wash my hair with just water when I shower when I don't use shampoo.

Also you can try getting a really short cut/buzzcut, the oil won't stand out.

I haven't used shampoo in nearly 4 years. Everyone is surprised that my hair is soft and not greasy

Also use cold water

Try going down to once a day, if you need to take a 2nd shower just rinse your hair with water the 2nd time. If your hair looks dry, try adding a moisturizing conditioner to your routine.

My hair is always greasy.
I do wash it every day.

But i used to wash it once a week and it still looked like shit.

Not often, I usually shower at the gym without any soap/shampoo

>How often do you shampoo your hair?
Never. I have wavy hair so if I use shampoo it gets really fucking dry.
I might use conditioner here or there when I'm feeling it but never more than twice a week.

I dont

Same here. Shampoo makes my wavy hair super dry, but if I don’t shampoo I get seborrheic dermatitis. It causes itchy red scalp and stops my hair form growing. WTF do I do?

Once a month.

I usually wash my hair without shampoo; i just massage my head like there would be shampoo in my hair, that way the natural lipids on your scalp spread out

I have naturally dry hair though

I usually wash off body every day with just warm water, shampoo and soap scrub every other day or if im really sweaty

Use warm not hot water. Use less shampoo.

Maybe once a week or so. I keep it really short, completely buzzed on the sides, a couple centimeters on top. It doesn't need frequent washing and I'm not that greasy. If I get really dirty or stinky, or if I cut it I'll wash everything, but most of the time I just go into the shower to rinse myself and not bother with soap of any kind.

try using natural soap made out of pig fat (or other animal fats)

leaves your hair clean and thick as fuck for a few days w/o cleaning it

I have the same issue, I swapped to only using conditioner without silicon and now I can not shower for up to three days without it going oily. It was terrible for the first couple months though

Stop using shampoo to wash your hair.

I shampoo every other week.

Shampoo once per day and put conditioner after. Your hair will be smooth and silky. Water is fine at night. Even after several months, just using water didn't work for me and hair was semi-greasy all the time, but you could try that as well.

I had oily hair too
Used shampoo every day and now I'm bald at 23
For sure there could be other factors like sleep schedule and food, but I believe if you have balding tendencies then excessive usage can be dangerous

I think there is no connection, if you over shampoo your hair it might become dry and damaged and thus fall off more easily, but if it doesn’t grow back that is simply your genetics at play

Like every month or so

>all these anons who are able to go weeks without shampoo
I tried doing it, i tried really hard but I always get dandruff. I've tried everything trick with no shampoo I could find but never get it to work.

Don’t shampoo at all. The first week may be a little oily, but after that it will look healthier and be easier to style. I haven’t shampooed in months and my hair is fine.

try substituting shampoo with just conditioner. you won't get thick lathers, but your hair won't get dried out and it shouldn't get too greasy and it's better than just washing with water.

Wash your face and hair with 1 raw egg two or three times a week. Just trust me, use it like a 10 minutes mask for the face and scalp. Leave the shampoo jew behind

I have long hair so this doesn't apply to me as much as you, but I generally only wash my hair once or twice a week.

In between washes I'll either put my hair up to completely avoid water. Or if I think it's a little too early for a shampoo, but my hair is a little dirtier than normal, I'll do a thorough rinse along with a thorough brushing under the shower.

Hair stays healthy and shiny that way. You'll also notice that your hair looks the best on the days you don't shampoo. My hair looks worst just after a shampoo, but over the next few days I find it looks spectacular and full of volume.

Also, try spending some money on a nicer shampoo and perhaps a good conditioner as well. I don't use conditioner, but I know that it legit does work. A hair maske may also be of use to you.

Based this is exactly what I do and I have pretty good thick hair with good volume. Nobody in my family has balded or even significantly receded.

I haven't pood my hair since May and it looks and feels so much better. I also only wash my hair like twice a week too

My hair is never oily enough to shampoo granted my hair is like 75% shorter than yours

never, my hair is superior to your hair, also.cold showers unironically

>I haven’t washed my hair
What does that mean? I hear it all the time. Does it mean wearing a cap when showering or?

Make your own shampoo, Dr Bronners+ Coconut oil + a few other extracts