Is there a correlation between your fitness level and what university major you're in?

Is there a correlation between your fitness level and what university major you're in?

At my alma mater, every single liberal arts major besides econ was your stereotypical low test scrawny kid. Business majors were middle of the pack. STEM majors were either extremely nerdy and sickly looking, or well-rounded people who powerlifted casually.

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-192206.png (1464x2048, 3.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

economicmodeling.com/2014/01/10/the-oversatured-job-market-for-lawyers-continues/
nationaljurist.com/national-jurist-magazine/are-law-school-curriculums-preparing-students-succeed
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm CS and its a mix of skelly / fat nerds and attractive fit people. a few lads and i lift and one dude went to nationals or whatever for long distance running.

No

>STEM and liberal arts as separate groups
"Liberal arts" doesn't mean "shit liberals study"
Are you aware that Mathematics is a liberal art, as are physics, chemistry, and biology?

Attached: IMG_0726.png (399x391, 14K)

No, because those are STEM majors, not liberal arts majors.

Medieval romance studies is not the same as biology by far.

Criminal Justice major reporting, work in a probation office
Most of the dudes in my office are average/slightly better than average build, all the women are either chubby or fat
It was the other way around for students during university

Attached: IMG_3185.jpg (1280x1024, 263K)

ITT: comparing apples and oranges

Kinesiology is the most Jow Forums major

lul, wut?

I think there might be a loose one, but not between majors exactly. For example I know a lot of cs majors and engineering majors, and it's a mix of skinny fat, skellies, lards, or fit people. The ones who aren't losers and seek success on their own are fit or at least athletic. They study hard, or run businesses on the side or excel at something, while also maintaining a high physical level. The other cs people are cringe lords, or not really dedicated to anything at all, or just shutins who don't understand the importance of being well rounded. These are the skinny fats and skellies and fats.

Damn Chang has a big wang
Anyway don’t have a degree but I’m probably going to go for English when I use the gi bill

Attached: 147BF120-7B40-40B8-844C-EDD77217800F.jpg (1483x2205, 296K)

my pchem professor was a professional bodybuilder and still worked out at the uni gym. There were a couple of people that also did bodybuilding. For the most part though, chem majors were are just normies.

When you get high level/ specialized enough in liberal arts/social sciences you start seeing the same people. Maybe me and 10 other guys were mass monsters and I saw a lot of slim/fit looking guys. The majority (true for any population) were pretty dyel/fat

hmmmmm, i see the same thing at my uni for cs majors.

strongest guy at my uni gym was a philosophy major

The absolute fucking state of brainlets. In most proper universities, what you retards refer to as "STEM" are under the Department/College/School/[Insert Division Here] of Arts and Sciences. Then you have the [Division] of Engineering; then Medicine; then etc. More than likely, Computer Science is under Mathematics so that puts it under Liberal Arts. That's why whenever some fucktard spouts "STEM" I either brush them off as a brainlet who's never stepped into a proper university or an unapologetic homosexual who wants to lump his shit """STEM""" degree with more prestigious fields such as Medicine and Engineering. Like nigga two words of the acronym fall under Liberal Arts, with most programs that can be """""science"""" or """""technology"""""" possibly so. Dumb fucking shits I swear.

this is bait, don't give him any (you)s

It's true tho. But you wouldn't know.

Liberal arts has a negative connotation nowadays. Some group of people changed the old education model of lib arts into a more "prepare you into an empty husk higher ed will fill" type of thing.
The original 3 (grammar rhetoric logic) have been swept away from the schoolbanks and replaced with something half as useful.

Wonder who would benefit from this though.

Absolutely Based.

My uni has a college of mathematics and sciences, so no

I'm going to study Poli Sci. Will I regret it?

Never seen a university with CS under Liberal Arts school. Was in the school of engineering at mine.

Fucking worthless, but I'm sure you already know that. "Follow your dreams bro" I hope you can repeat that over and over to yourself when your hurdled with debt with no career in sight.

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 12K)

My degree is paid for, so no debt, and I'm really aiming for a law degree

I do theatre. About a third of the guys in the major lift and put up pretty good numbers. The rest are either overweight or total soiboys since they're actual faggots.

The girls are split from hot cardio bunnies to gross fat bitches. There's no in between

Is your JD going to be paid for as well? Please don't be like millions of americans that go to law school every year, get in 100,000's of thousands in debt, and still can't land a job because the only things that matter is going to a top law school and graduating top of your class. Also being a lawyer is mostly about networking, or you're going to be a public defender making peanuts every year

physics has destroyed the humanities. Physics drops truth bombs all day long and pops out with the realm of quantum physics being unknown and missing in information. How can whining about the gender pay gap and oppression compete with physics starting an entire new philosophy of a way to look at and understand life? Hint: can't compete lol

>because the only things that matter is going to a top law school and graduating top of your class
You're overemphasizing these things. While they are important, another important thing to have is experience, either via clerkship or even being a paralegal before/during or even after law school.

Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics

economicmodeling.com/2014/01/10/the-oversatured-job-market-for-lawyers-continues/

No. It's been known for awhile law degrees aren't even worth the paper there printed on anymore. You are still an undergraduate living a pipe dream, what should I expect though. Also what you said is exactly networking, but having a paralegal job isn't going to score you a high end attorney job. Make sure to not go around and tell people your "pre-law" because you will be laughed at.

Jesus Christ, what a retard. Language is a communication tool. Even if in some universities (it’s absolutely not all, you fucking mongo) some science or tech degrees might fall by technicality under a broader “school of arts and sciences”, when somebody asks:
>Hey Jow Forums do you think STEM or liberal arts students are more likely to lift?
Replying with your absolute horseshit (especially like it’s some sort of intelligent gotcha, rather than just sharing an interesting tidbit) doesn’t make you look clever. It makes you look like the obstinate kid lisping out “ummm akshually” while everyone else is just amazed at how hard he misses the point of the original interaction.

The problem with this fucktarded "STEM" vs. Liberal Arts Dichotomy is the very presence of "Science" in STEM, because there are "soft sciences" and "hard sciences" which would have been a better division, as the differences between the two are more obvious. "Technology" is quite literally "the application of science," which can be said about Engineering, which is the study and application of Engineering principles, which is rooted in Mathematics, and PHYSICS which is classically under "Liberal Arts."
Brainlets use STEM; real niggas fucking STATE what their degree is in.

> the incoherent schizo gushing up his word salad
senpai, at least structure this mess.
you know people use humanities and liberal arts interchangeably. let's also not kid ourselves, the majority of people majoring in Liberal Arts are inclined to mainly take humanity courses as opposed to engineering.
philosophy is nice and all -- and formed the foundation for most if not all subjects -- but we know it's not going to get you anywhere unless you plan on becoming a lawyer.

You strike me as a failed law student. Life is about the journey, not the destination. :)

This. I'm astounded, shocked and utterly appalled that there are university students in this thread that don't know this and think that "liberal arts" and "STEM" constitute categorically distinct disciplines.

Attached: 1563845273748.jpg (1024x1024, 125K)

Not the undergrad you thought you were replying to, and you're mistaken in thinking that clerkships and working with actual attorneys are just "networking." It's not. It teaches skills that are not taught in law school. Law school does not teach client management, case management, even document acquisition. Most schools do not even teach how the fuck one should properly conduct depositions. Lack of preparation by law schools of law students is a recognized problem by the ABA.nationaljurist.com/national-jurist-magazine/are-law-school-curriculums-preparing-students-succeed
Some law schools might offer OPTIONAL classes that would cover some of the real-world aspect of practice, but not all. Practice court would not even help here as different counties have different local rules. Even then, different departments have their OWN rules which you would only know (if you haven't had a case with said department) when you filed the case and are issued a pre-trial order.
tl;dr u dum

>Lifting is a niche hobby and nobody actually exercises anymore
>Business is the major of choice for people who go to college just to play Div 3 sports so of course they're mildly fit
>There's a lot of science to high level lifting making it an inherently nerdy pursuit so of course nerd majors are drawn to it
The most percentage of any major that I actually saw in the gym when I was in college was Philosophy. I bro'd down with a few of them so I knew most of the faces from the program and a surprisingly high percentage were consistently training, albeit not lifting, innagym. Just something about setting your mind straight highlights the importance of setting your body straight.

STEM majors keep society's way of life and advance it. Business + Law and governance people keep the world in some semblance of order. However if all knowledge about art and philosophy magically disappears I think humanity as a whole could still function.

>there are university students in this thread that don't know this and think that "liberal arts" and "STEM" constitute categorically distinct disciplines.
I'd like to imagine that these faggots are just NEETS who are LARPing as university students.

You're technically correct but in the common parlance we'd call non-STEM majors liberal arts.

What term do you prefer to use to describe non-STEM college majors? That group.

Now that we're all not better off for your niggling, what's your point?

Yeah your body type picks your university major.

Attached: (you).jpg (800x450, 44K)

Tfw studying Architecture and Construction Management am i gonna make it?

Attached: 1564087765977.jpg (1919x2404, 3.05M)

Wow imagine being this autistic.

what the fuck is "common parlance"? Is this euphemism for "retard speak"?
>What term do you prefer to use to describe non-STEM college majors?
You call them with whatever majors they have/are taking. Calling CS Majors "STEM" Majors is like calling a Political Science Major a "Pre-Law Major," and to some extent, calling a Biology Major a "Pre-Med Major" if said program does not have some sort of fast-track in place towards admission to a Medical School.
tl;dr STEM/Non-STEM classification is retarded and is made by retards for retards.

You are arguing semantics. You are being intentionally obtuse for a reason of feeling superior, and if everyone can follow the discussion except you, then you are the one with the problem.

>semantics
Except it's literally not. You have been presented with explanation(s) why using the STEM/Non-STEM classification is stupid. Facts don't care about your feelings.
>if you're not stupid while everybody is stupid, then you're stupid.
Eat shit.

You literally are not arguing facts.

You are arguing a classification of majors, that everybody else understands except you.

The only reason you are doing so is because you clearly don't understand why studying the practical is different from studying the impractical.

Your autistic mind also cant understand how a clear delineation can be made on a sliding scale, which is probably why you are a liberal arts major.

>that everybody else understands except you.
There's at least three other anons ITT who understand and who probably actually went to a university.

I do physics but I am currently dyel due to addiction recovery.

I'm not the user you're arguing with, but stating that 3 understand it is being too generous.

Liberal arts is really a way of thinking about education rather than a category of disciplines, but let's face it, the liberal arts education is dead. The whole thing has been buried underneath armies of administrators, weekly assessments, and clicker questions.

I miss the times when college was just the dudes doing the teaching and the dudes doing the learning.

they could have listened

If by "liberal" you mean "at your leisure" as in "ad libidum" then sure, I'm doing my math PhD in my free time.

Attached: dia_what.jpg (636x902, 106K)

I'm in Management Info Systems so I work with business majors and CS majors. The CS majors are either skinny twigs or fatties, the business majors are typically more attractive.

Attached: ljbn kjl jl.png (640x396, 279K)

about to start this major after transferring from a community college. just wondering what parts you think are difficult I'm somewhat smart and know how to study so I'm not really worried

I havent come across anything I find too challenging. Just keeping up with everything is most important, don't skip classes and youll be fine.

shit b8

i'm on the rocketry team at my uni and its hard to make generalizations, but most of these kids are former athletes who got fat.

Oh look, another Jow Forums college thread. Just get this out of the way

Yes, all the computer science/engineering/pre-med/pre-law/finance guys, aka all of fit who are all geniuses and will be millionaires. They are also right-wing voters

Anyone in a major besides those are basedboy libcucks

>Management Info Systems

Never heard of it. Is this a meme degree? Sounds interesting though

Its a mix of CS and management. I take some programming classes with the CS students (but I dont do the theory stuff, just coding) and then I do management theory with the business college.

Mechanical Engineering, everyone is pretty fit for the exception of one or two dudes.

There really aren't meme degrees in the business college. Anything from there will get you a solid 9-5. That degree is basically an IT/management degree. Very good starting salaries and high in demand with how heavy IT is in every organization at this point.

thanks, I checked the coursework and I have the same like 2-3 cs related then rest all business/management

Fucķkkkkkkkk I need a rice daddy.

Honestly dude the business classes are a breeze. Its much more important to get an internship or related experience. Once I got my internship I started making a lot of connections.

What should I study bros? I did well in all my classes in highschool but I've reached a rut in my life that I can't get out of. The only way for me to get out of it, is to find something worthwhile to pursue or I'll probably just an hero.

Was thinking:
>cyber security
>math/stats/physics
>economics or finance
>nursing
>aircraft maintenance technicia

I'll probably join the Canadian military for free gibs so I won't be a debt slave too. Anything good positions in the military? I heard the best is to go into the air force and pick some tech related field like cyber security

Attached: 571.png (658x901, 81K)

No, studio is gonna kill your gains bro

If your interested in aircraft tech and haven't started a degree yet now would probably be a really good time. Since there running that competition to decide on our next plane and reports have been saying that were severely lacking in Pilots as well as aircraft tech.

Would be cool to get to work on brand new planes as soon as they come into service (especially since its most likely going to be the futuristic F-35)

Some faggot actually sat on their computer, compiled that image, and screencapped text from a cuck novela

Finance.

It's just a bunch of athletes who had to pick a major so they picked "money"

the marine biology lads at my uni are big boys

What do you expect from the degree that Jotaro fucking Kujo picked

Attached: devilish.png (229x175, 8K)

kek
they get that all the time from the campus spergs

yup and then of course they all become bankers and stock brokers so they end up becoming rich too.

I studied International Relations and Politics at my uni. I stuck out like a sore thumb, and girls STARED at me, but im autistic and can only talk politics. I remember this one german girl used to stalk me, tell me how she loves dominant men. You know when you're too autistic for a german ya dun goofed.

I only saw one other guy in my time there that lifted. Toxic masculinity... male gaze etc etc.

Can confirm, my gf works fiance and makes enough money for me to be a stay at home dog dad. Shes currently being mentored by a senior partner, ultimately she'll be able to work from home.

Everyone in finance does cocaine. Everyone.

wow on fit even the posters girlfriends are drug-addicted millionaires.

"mentored"... don't know how to break this to ya bud

Finance is one of the most popular degrees because all normies want to be that wolf of wall street chad.

Little do they know that if you don't wear a little funny hate and come from a very specific chosen tribe, you're never gonna make it

hat*

>being this buff but still stuffing your underwear
asians got it rough huh

In Australia it's:
>CS
soibois and pajeets
>most other sciences
chinks, soibois, nerdy girls with daddy issues and arrogant soibois
>most medical fields
roasties, chinks, occasional lifter and arrogant soibois
>sports science
Thots and dyels who act like they're chads
>business
actual chads and thots

Hell yeah brother. Gotta increase those forces, get that mechanical advantage.

You missed the point

enjoy nojob unless you’re doing the rehab route

I have already finished my degrees in art and design. I was the only one working out pretty much. Needless to say everyone else was skinnyfat.

Have you considered going back to Tumblr, dear STEAM whore?

It's pretty is to miss it desu.
I dont see the point for that guys autistic rafe though

Business was a mix of trust fund skellies and fatasses. Some Chads and prettyboys scattered in between.

Tons of hot girls though

They were all fucking chad probably

Yeah for hookups yes.

Interestingly enough, a lot of the hot girls got into relationships with the trust fund skinny fat skellies and fatasses. But little do these trust funders know that their girlfriends pussy is used up

In my university cs math aerospace physics were all under the school of engineering.

STEM Is basically autists, so pretty much Jow Forums except some of them actually lift.

Chang is also 5'5 or less.

My electrical/computer engineering classmates had some fit people, but they started college that way and slowly declined from then on.
Otherwise, the others were fairly unfit or cardio-only.

biggest guy I know studies finance because he wants money

IT/CS seems to be like 99% turboautists.

go figure, you have a lot more time to lift when you're unemployed

>liberal arts major is different from STEM major
Nani the fuck? So if I'm a bio major, then I am not a STEM major?