Parents are going to split up

>parents are going to split up
Okay boys how do I lift away THIS feel

Attached: 1560629885132.png (190x226, 101K)

based, your life will not be permanently worse lol

To become the best version of yourself that will find a worthy mate to pair for life and raise your family together.

learn from their mistakes and never get married. completely pointless in today's world

I mean to say it will be permanently worse, nearly every single life metric declines following parent divorce, and it also makes it much less likely that you're able to have successful long term relationships, with your own divorce rate going up

turn 18

haha im 21 dude ill totally be fine im a big strong adult man now!

Unless there was infidelity or real abuse involved, you should excise them both from your life to the best of your abilities. And make it clear that you are doing this because they failed to keep your family together.
I told my parents that I would kill them when they brought me and my brother in to tell us. They probably didn't take 14 year old me seriously. (I might have actually done it with a few adderall in my system). But they did give counciling a second try and they took a road trip together. Still married eight years later.
I'm not going to tell you that you're going to get the same results. In fact you likely won't. But I think we need to inflict some kind of harm on the people who decide to split up families just because they had a rough couple of years together.

Attached: 1564359433224s.jpg (125x87, 2K)

Who gives a shit, they're probably happier separate from eachother and that's great

idk man I think my dads not in the best place rn and this will top onto that

Nah my parents split when I was 4 and other than the anger issues, inability to commit to longterm relationships and posting on a Bangladeshi kite testing forum with degenerates who can't go a day without masturbating I turned out fine

>idk man I think my dads not in the best place rn and this will top onto that
Women hate men who don't deliver. I don't want to shit on your mom, but why do you think the divorce rate spiked in the 2008 recession? Instead of supporting their husband in his darkest hours, they cut and run with whatever assets they can rip from him. They go to elaborate lengths to suddenly hate the man they were supposed to love, and society praises her for this.
Women initiate 2/3rds of the divorces in the country. And the primary reason is dissatisfaction. The second is financial. Work too much, she gets lonely and dissatisfied. Work too little, she feels constricted by the budget.
The system is set up this way in order to preserve the massive divorce industry.

>his parents were together in the first place

Beat them both into submission and use their newfound fear for you to be the glue to their marriage.

Attached: BB22B8AE-AB7C-4E31-9CCD-872BAB3796BE.png (237x213, 114K)

My parents divorced 8 years ago, me and my brothers still haven't recovered from it. Our lives went down the shitter, we lost our home and close family and have been going in and out of depression since.

I'm not saying it will happen to you too but the best you can do now is just accept adults are selfish and move on and try to be independent as much as possible.

HOLY BASED

my parents split up 1.5 years ago. I was 19 and I came home from college to find my mom cheating on my dad. It was weird. All I did to "get through" it was spend more time with my dad, taking him to the gym, and focusing on my own personal relationships as well as school.

Attached: 1553211760952.png (395x415, 150K)

Are you an adult?

Then talk to them, learn about their mistakes (and there WERE mistakes) and learn from it.

If one of them showed poor character they will HAVE to redeem themselves.

If you are underage GTFO

sounds like your mother is ruining the family
listen to

Make your own family to see why life is like this.

this board is not 18+

no, my father needs to stop drinking. he has no hobbies or activities he does. just watches reality show garbage when hes off work.

It's your duty as his son to wrestle him into submission, out of love ofcourse

I didn't say it was.

I said GTFO

are you saying that you are not 18+?

I am not OP
I'm saying we should not discriminate based on age

the whole site is 18+

so all i have to do is double leg my father and itll all be okay?

Attached: 1556741417267.jpg (602x541, 20K)

>no, my father needs to stop drinking.
This ain't gonna make it better.
>just watches reality show garbage when hes off work.
He needs to find something better or he'll end up as another suicide. How far is he from retirement? Is your mom financially independent? Or will she turn him into an alimony slave?

didn't know that

5 years out of retirement easily, mom will not financially rape him, she makes more and me and my sibling are grown.

My condolences. My parents split up 4 years ago (I was 20). It's still a sad feel. But at least my dad is no longer making passive-aggressive comments about my mom's infidelity to her at the dinner table while my siblings and I pretend not to listen. Everything passes.

Attached: 1516503557556.png (500x372, 108K)

sounds like he's completely fucked if the family falls apart
you and your mother are the only people who can help him

>I told my parents that I would kill them when they brought me and my brother in to tell us. They probably didn't take 14 year old me seriously. (I might have actually done it with a few adderall in my system). But they did give counciling a second try and they took a road trip together. Still married eight years later.
based

this is a cope. by literally every single metric a divorced family is worse off for everybody involved. the children, and both spouses. it actually gets worse as time goes on. it's better to stay married and learn how to deal with your partner than to get divorced.

Sometimes I feel like my parents should have split up. Me and my mother both dislike my father because he's an extremely critical, hypocritical, asocial, narcissistic asshole with an extremely short temper. He would frequently hit me and even hit my mom a few times. We would celebrate when he would go on business trips, and for a few years in my youth he would constantly threaten us with divorce and even slept in a guest bedroom.

For some reason it always upset my mother when he would say he was going to leave, which I never understood why. But I do wonder if they had split up and I spent most my time with my mom instead of being around my father and turning into a carbon copy of him maybe I wouldn't have ended up such an autistic sperg incel

everyone lives on THEIR OWN terms, not yours. remember that everyone, regardless of their relationship to you, are living on their own selfish terms

we think our parents are made for eachother but thats not really the case
i dont know how i would take it as an adult and i kinda forgot how it is to have a happy family but we live in an age where you can talk to whoever you want super easily so if you miss your dad just give him a call or send him a message

>5 years out of retirement easily
That's going to be a long five years.
mom will not financially rape him, she makes more
There's his problem. Massive risk factor increase. It's fairly well known that she is more likely to cheat or file for divorce if she's the breadwinner. Can't blame her for making more though. He should have tried to keep up. You can't ask a woman to love a man she can't respect.
>and me and my sibling are grown
That's better. Still a negative in your life.
Sounds like your dad let life slip away. He's probably not going to recover from this. And an early death is likely. Your love should be a granted, but then again so should your mother's. He should have known that he was disposable to her. You need to decide whether you will invest the effort into loving him, or if you will just move on with your life. You will likely have the same amount of regret either way.

>Sometimes I feel like my parents should have split up. Me and my mother both dislike my father because he's an extremely critical, hypocritical, asocial, narcissistic asshole with an extremely short temper. He would frequently hit me and even hit my mom a few times.
Abuse is a genuine reason to end a marriage.

i just dont understand why my mom never divorced him. it wasnt constant abuse or anything, i only remember a few times. but the way he would always insult us and my mom clearly being very happy when he would be gone, him constantly nagging all the time and treating her like an idiot, why they are still married, i dont know

>we think our parents are made for eachother but thats not really the case

i seriously have no idea why my parents are even married to each other. i cant think of an unvierse where they are "right" for each other

In the UK 50% of those who filed for divorce admit to regretting it later. They are trying to make a 3 month cool off period for before separation. Who knows if it will work.

that's just the people who admit it too, the fact is for the vast majority of people, not counting actual abuse etc, divorce will ruin both adult's lives and also severely damage the life of the child in a permanent way

Jesus fuck dude

Jow Forums and 4channel is 18+. The colours only indicate whether it's sfw

>constantly nagging all the time and treating her like an idiot, why they are still married, i dont know
My dad was a cop. He said that he would rescue the same woman from a dozen different abusers. He'd also say that if you put 100 people in a room and put 2 drug addicts in with them. The addicts would find each other in less than a minute. Hyperbolic maybe, but it's been explained to me that IPV victims are addicted to abuse in the same way a gambler is addicted to the game. Getting slapped around or yelled at makes them feel low. But when they are nice to you it feels that much better. Losing a game of poker makes you feel desperate for dopamin. Winning a game gives you a rush. You can't have one without the other.
Stick and carrot.

>And an early death is likely
high iq. this is true. after losing their spouse men absolutely crumble. every mortality risk goes up.

my parents seperated when I was 20. Still lived at home while I was at uni, but my father worked overseas and ended up finding a mistress. Apparently my mom confronted him over why he was coming back home less often and why he started sleeping in the spare bedroom when he was back, he came clean immediately.

It gets easier after a while. I just don't think about it or talk about it