71.6% of Americans aged 20 and over are overweight or obese

71.6% of Americans aged 20 and over are overweight or obese.

cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm

What can be done about these unbelievably bad stats to bring the levels down substantially on a national level?

Attached: djx65r.jpg (500x541, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-627-m/11-627-m2018033-eng.htm
cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/exercise.htm
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=4&lvlid=70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What can be done about these unbelievably bad stats to bring the levels down substantially on a national level?

Societal collapse, race war, civil war etc.

Nothing, we're too far gone in this regard. All you can do is make sure you are a part of the 28%.

>tfw having a dadbod is enough to make you better than 71.6% of americans
if you lift at all you're probably in the top 1% even with shit genetics

Criminalize sugar and fix school lunches. If it gets to 80% then we'll have to start the rationing.

Jesus Christ Americans are disgusting. How can you be proud of your country reading those stats burgers? I’m being honest

Don't want it to change - less competition.

It's a cultural problem. Put better health education in schools, make PE class real, sports required in school. Japan fines companies if a certain percentage of employees are overweight - targets sedentary lifestyle from jobs and bad food at work. Also increases social pressure to be healthy which we need. In summary, bring back fatshaming

Abolish the administrative state.

How is this a bad thing? For ugly gymcels it’s a paradise, there is virtually no competition in the dating market if you’re fit as fuck.

Less options too, retard. In our culture women go to shit once they have a provider locked down. Don't get married

The older people make up the higher percentages but I would sadly guess that about 40% of Americans below 25 are overweight or obese

There's still enough women and twinks to run through in absolute numbers, just less men who can compete with me

that makes no sense
what matters is % of obese women vs men

This
Why upset yourself fretting over the slobs? Just focus on being the best you can be

Attached: sagra.jpg (900x900, 115K)

That's what I always thought. Never understood why people here hate fat people and always want to bring them into lifting. My uni gym is fucking overcrowded because any nerd that learns how to deadlift decides to bring 4 of his homeboys to teach them. When will nerds and virgins on /fit understand that it's in their best interest for the competition to lower itself?

>just be atomized bro
Must I remind you that WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

that's a shitty mentality
life is not a zero sum game
helping your bros is net positive for all of you

is it just my brain using selective seeing or something because I feel like the majority of people 20-40 are fit around me

Percent of children aged 2-5 years with obesity: 13.9% (2015-2016)

This country really needs to be cleansed with fire

>sugar is whats making people fat
retard alert. People overeat on highly palatable processed foods which are a mix of both carbs and fat like pizza, donuts, French fries etc.

Communism: starving people for 100+ years

I’m technically one of them now. I bulked from 145 to 190 over 3 years at 6’ and now I’m (technically) overweight.

Kek how do you be 3 and have obesity?
Bravo parents

just depends on where you live
typically people are fit in large cities, fat in rural areas

No worries dude I went from 170 to 240 in 2 years after I initially lost weight from 190. You'll just build more muscle

Once the civil war really starts, some will fondly remember these times of overabundance.

Attached: efeab2f3c924146fbc43e11b0eeb40b6a041ed9772e68bd42d902a4fab785e3b.jpg (640x855, 443K)

Does this mean I can eat candy for breakfast? I'm talking refined sugar

>tfw in the top 29%
>tfw no gf

Attached: 1559780373426.jpg (329x329, 33K)

Somewhere down the line fatshits started pretending they're strong. I don't mean powerlifting big but just fat as in fat. Look at bikers, they're all fat slobs yet they spend their entire retirement pretending to be badass.

You have to aggressively humiliate them and shame them in society. We won't do it so the obesity rate will just grow higher. Don't really care anyway, it makes you look better.

This, there's even a hypothesis out there that observed fat storage being accelerated when you had the two mixed together in a meal. I don't post it ever because it would just get shitposted so much that people would reject it and eat pizza beer everyday.

BECAUSE IM FUCKING CANADIAN AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR THESE FAT PIECES OF SHIT

Literally a doctor in NL man. This world needs a winnowing.

Attached: 20190803_191623.jpg (4032x1960, 2.1M)

that's the price of living in a society

bottom text

61% of Canadians are overweight or obese. Not as bad as the United States but still terrible.

www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-627-m/11-627-m2018033-eng.htm

Western Europe isn't too far behind us. Especially among the youth. And the Chinese military is panicking because their military aged males are too fat for their tank hatches.
And let's not even get started on Mexico.
You can look at us to know what the future will bring.

Ah a newf, the alcoholics must be fun.

>he thinks that attraction is the uncle's main problem.

I blame pic related

Attached: gains goblin.png (939x771, 910K)

settle for a fat gf then

My wife? She’s Asian

Who cares? As long as they don't hurr durr don't fat shame me bullshit.

Probably has something to do with metrics like these

Attached: 4F9D6D6D-CDF3-40B3-A3C1-AD6A6105771A.jpg (1125x860, 190K)

Why don't you want your fellow countrymen to be fit. Are you that scared of competition? If more men would be fitter more women would be as well and it would even out in the end.

Attached: fg7i.jpg (646x807, 174K)

No but the foods I'm talking about are 3/5 top sources of calories in our diet. Grain based deserts are number one.

If you don't workout you're definitely overweight at 195 lbs if you're 6'2.

The bmi chart doesn't seem to account for bulk muscle.

sugar consumption has decreased over the past 30 years, not increased, contrary to what morons and various types of diet cult weirdos keep writing on the internet.

Criminalize sugar or tax it or whatever else. I can already tell you what will happen in advance: nothing. Kids will keep being fat, because obesity is a state of being chronically overfed. Pretending otherwise is likewise going to lead to nothing results.

BMI doesn't account for muscle mass because the majority of people in the US aren't bodybuilders. Its fine for looking at populations not necessarily for individuals.

> The bmi chart doesn't seem to account for bulk muscle.

Of course it doesn't. BMI was a tool designed for population studies not individuals. If you have a large population with BMIs in the obese range, CHANCES ARE they're not bodybuilders or rugby players, they're just fucking fat.

I remember going to my college gym, there was only two squat racks and they were always taken up by shitty nerds doing babby weight/teaching their shitty nerd friends that don't really want to be there. I just left and found another gym. Ain't got time for that shit.

Nothing. Between obesity, suicide and diseases of despair, the cull is already in progress.

That's my point as well. Most guys here are just nerds who decided to lift for pussy(even if you don't lift for girls anymore the vast majority of people here started that way). Most Jow Forumsizens never played any sports, weren't athletic,had any real interests and didn't have charming personalities. If everyone gets Jow Forums than the only redeeming qualities these guys will have will perish. All while gyms will get flooded with other nerds who never played any sports but decided to push weight around. All while people like me who actually play sports can't get a fucking rack to curl or squat in

yeah, make way for the club rugby player whose lifting is serious business

protip: if you actually played a sport you'd be able to use the athletes gym

Makes me feel better about myself desu

you whine a lot

t. Europoor

? Europoors don't really have separate facilities for their athletes at colleges. Fucking retard. I go to a Pac-12 school.

t. Exhibit A of my previous description
Sounds like you should give your local rugby club a chance

>tfw worked my way down from borderline obese into normal range
time to get stronk

I am terrified I will no longer be in the 28% after this pregnancy. In my third trimester and have gained 28 lbs. I know I can slim down but I am so scared of being over weight even temporarily.

I’ll see y’all in the 28% soon

oh no, what a shame...

Attached: smile_gone.jpg (400x267, 8K)

Your baby might just be heavy desu. I came out at 14 pounds and 4 ounces, been bulking since!

I'm 5'11" 190 im considered overweight. Muscle weighs more then fat also. Look at the percentage overweight and obese vs how percentage of americans who exersise properly 23.2%(cardio & lifting).
cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/exercise.htm

>I play sports and that makes me better than you!!1!1!!!1!!!

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
you're at natural limit if 10% bf

>Natural limit
>/fraud
>????
>Profit

who cares about amerilards

Attached: 1565062014515.png (1345x904, 122K)

Based dubs poster.
Carry on shitting on the USA. I love it.
Fuck this nation of pigs I want to die. Everyone here sucks. Kill me already.

the well-being of the world relies on america
the rest of the world is literally too stupid to run itself

I really wonder why we just keep on getting fatter and fatter hmmmm

Attached: december16_finding_rehkamp_fig01.png (598x492, 31K)

Women are fat as fuck too bro. This means the dating pool for both sexes is smaller.

Post country

literally only breaks if you fraud, theres a bunch of fat faggots out there using muscle as an excuse.

>Imagine being this delusional and under Israel's control

fuck 'em. this relatively fit manlet looks good next to a fat landwhale retard

Remove the 2 big dark green sections and we would be fine

Reminder that literally all of these studies are based on BMI, which is patent bullshit, and according to BMI, "overweight" has the lowest all cause mortality rate of any category. Stop being such pebbleheads, believing every half assed, shitmongering study the Oligarchs try to influence you with.

Are you trying to imply that the US doesn't have a weight problem?

this is who you're replying to btw. he's a hick redneck in his mid 30s that's barely 5'3", looks like absolute shit, constantly gets ridiculed, hates women and still watches wrestling. i'm not making any of this up.

Attached: 1565325817977.jpg (310x366, 20K)

Lmao no fucking way.

>Are you trying to imply that the US doesn't have a weight problem?

No. But s󠀀oymongering shit like this doesn't help. It just encourages moronic puppets to push for "something" to be done, so the state has an excuse to grab even more power. Smoothbrains will say it needs to happen because the fat asses are costing a fortune in taxpayer dollars through various healthcare subsidies, not realized that THAT is the problem in the first place, not a symptom.

>he's a hick redneck in his mid 30s that's barely 5'3", looks like absolute shit, constantly gets ridiculed, hates women and still watches wrestling.

Only about a third of that is true.

Obvious samefag to the previously quoted post.

Lmao kys triptard.

>Smoothbrains will say it needs to happen because the fat asses are costing a fortune in taxpayer dollars through various healthcare subsidies, not realized that THAT is the problem in the first place, not a symptom.
How come the US is fatter than western europe if that's the case?

wrong, cletus. how are you gonna bitch and cry now?

Attached: hick retard tries to cope, fails.jpg (1486x283, 79K)

Carbs are sugar. retards.

>How come the US is fatter than western europe if that's the case?

Because Mexicans skew the average WAY to the fat side of things, and there aren't nearly as many Mexicans in Europe as their are in America. Also, let's not pretend that England isn't also staggeringly fat.

They must have great public healthcare in mexico then

Get rid of Hispanics. They the reason why our obesity problem is a thing. It correlates exactly with the rise of illegal and legal immigration over the past 30 years. They're at levels of obesity higher than blacks. 47% of hispanics/latinos are obese/overweight. 77% of latino/hispanic women are obese/overweight and 35% of the men are obese/overweight. 25% of their children are obese or overweight. They're fat, lazy, slobs, and they do not work hard. The ones that work hard are rare.

t.

Attached: 1544945568145.jpg (993x794, 127K)

minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=4&lvlid=70

Mexico is on a rate to even surpass the United States in the obesity category.

>Mexicans are the reason the US is fat
>Mexico has a lower obesity rate than the US
Hm

Health wise you might as well be fat then

Mexico surpassed the United States in 2013 in having the most obese children. In Mexico 16% of preschool aged children, 25% of school age children, 30% of adolescents are obese. They're only second to the United States in Obesity in adults and climbing every year.

The autists on Jow Forums sole trait is being in shape, having more people that lift is the last thing this board needs.

War with a draft.

It's mainly because most are smaller then Europeans. Americans are dwarves compared to my Dutch family.
I think it's the mexican mixing or something.

That just tells me that the competition is narrowed significantly.

sure goyim

who cares lol I’m not and the girls I fuck aren’t. That’s all I care about.

Obesity is not caused by overeating. It is a disease: There is a protein in your fat cells that collapses and makes the cells permanently stuck in suck in as much fat as possible, do not release. (it is not very dissimilar from how proteins fail in alzheimers)

You cannot cure it by starving yourself, nothing will work. Sometimes it fixes on its own, which is the reason why many people promote so many conflicting, sure way to lose fad diets, as fat people try to diet constantly and think that whatever they were trying at the moment worked, but it is not so.

That even includes keto, as when the problem fixes itself, you suddenly have a massive accesible store of calories and on0yl need to eat protein to repair the tissues damaged by the starvation, so you want to eat protein and nothing else. If you try to force keto on yourself it won't work.

Trying to starve yourself (CICO, intermittent fasting, fasting) won't work, you only starve yourself more as the fat tissues absorb all the fat you eat and won't release it. High carb, low (near zero) fat diet may somewhat diminish the weight gain, but it won't cure it and won!t work forever either. Trying to cure by eating less won't make you thin, you may starve yourself to death while you still carry all the fat. It's pointless. Wait for a cure.