WHAT FISH IS SAFE

Thinking about switching to a diet primarily consisting of vegetables and salmon. I know there are issues with fish contamination via mercury or other toxin levels. What are the safer options? I plan to avoid tilapia and go mostly easy on canned tuna

Attached: Sheet-Pan-Salmon-1.jpg (1600x2400, 436K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dnr.state.mn.us/fish/sunfish/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish#/media/File:Enormous_Sunfish.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you trust the opinions on here over just searching low mercury fish

small fish have low enough mercury levels that you should be able to eat them every day without seeing any issues from it. look at the FDA's recommendations or whatever the EU's food safety authority is. if you're really paranoid about it then just eat shellfish

Not really but I don't really trust articles you get when searching stuff like this so maybe some user has some sourced info or graphics.

Eat only farmed fish eg farmed salmon, it's never been exposed to the ocean and doesn't contain any mercury

Eat sardines. They have one of the very lowest mercury concentrations of all fish. I eat two cans minimum every day.
On top of low mercury, every 100 g can has 20 g of protein - and 3 g of omega-3 for unfucking your omega 3 to omega 6 ratio.

Take the /deenzpill/ and ASCEND

Attached: 1565205441140.png (460x460, 220K)

Yeah i already love sardines so I plan to start eating them regularly. Are all cans created equal? My next task is to find the cheapest source if im going to be eating them a lot. I probably want in water vs in oil since I think it's usually onions oil (even the ones labeled olive)

All cans that I've seen seem to be of the same size. The sardines that I buy are €0.35 per can, but I have no idea about pricing in America.
I usually get mine in either water or tomato sauce, but make sure to check the ingredients if you go for the latter as they may well put śóy and other shit into it.

Asking for a friend, do you guys eat the chicken bones?

That's super cheap. Is it in store? I need to try tomato that sounds delicious.

I have gotten so sick of chicken I pretty much get grossed out by it now. That said ive eaten a metric ton of it and have never once considered eating a fucking bone lmao. What you can do with them is cook them down into a broth that is really good for you.

Sardines, mackerel, salmon, tuna (max once or twice a week), pangasius, bream/dourada/orata/dorade is also really popular here (southern europe) and freaking delicous.

Attached: pangasius.jpg (1409x940, 142K)

Wat? You do realize that salmon farms are IN the ocean, right? Or did you think the salmons live in a big red barn filled with water? There can be 100 000 salmon in a single enclosure, they get treated with anti-parasite drugs at regular intervals AND suffer bioaccumulation of heavy metals through their feed, which is mainly smaller fish ground into pellets. My toxicology professor refused to eat farmed salmon due to the metal contents in the fish.

Attached: 1352228261925.png (1158x1064, 1.92M)

Not him, sardines are fucking insane cheap where I live. I normally buy the ones in Louisiana hot sauce but I occasional buy the mustard ones

Avoid tilapia at all costs unless you know for sure it wasn't raised in a farm
this

Cans here (US) for me at least are barley ever under $1. The norm for cheap deens are probably $0.80(never)-$1.75. Tuna cans can be about the same.

farmed salmon is poison
please dont eat it

actually dont eat any farmed stuff thats supposed to live in the ocean, its all polluted and will decrease your life expectancy

i could go into detail but ive already e xplained it to so many people (and opened a lot of eyes) its tiring i would appreciate if you researched yourself

thank

Attached: 1598704_1.jpg (630x630, 81K)

Even if they are that price having two cans is still like 40G of protein and that much protein for 3$ is still really good

>Implying the oceans aren't polluted to shit aswell

Eat small fish low on the trophic level. Think sardines, anchovies, etc. Also, mollusks like muscles and oysters are based as fuck.

the ocean is very big

dont be stubborn and do some research, natural caught fish doesnt have anything unhealthy in it except mercury for specific fish

Herring. The white man's fish.

Attached: mmmm.jpg (596x800, 63K)

DEENZ. The thinking man's fish.

Attached: CMON.jpg (2659x1814, 1M)

I'm a fisherman and eat a shit ton of fish. The best thing to do is eat smaller/younger fish as they dont have as high levels as larger older fish. Also consume a lot of parsley and cilantro. They have compounds that bind to heavy metals and carry them out of your body.

Attached: cilantroandparsleydetoxjuice.jpg (800x520, 121K)

Thanks I'll be sure not to buy it then

Attached: 1565235981051.jpg (982x755, 225K)

...kek

sardines and shellfish are the best seafood to eat
mussels, oysters and scallops are the cleanest despite being filters of the ocean

Atlantic Blackfin Tuna reporting in.

>Eats mostly squid so no worries bout HG

for someone who has never eaten any fish in his life, where do I start with fishies?

Salmon is great.

Buy wild or something like whole foods farmed, which has pretty decent aquaculture

What the fuck how

Only tropical fish. Has nothing to do with contamination but the actual structure of cold water fish (like atlantic salmon).

Japanese food maybe?
Fresh grilled with lemon is usually what people recommend, or eat tuna pouches idk.

Here in america, people don't eat a whole lot of fish. It's as uncommon as say brussel sprouts. We don't like it so much it's not really considered a meat somehow. It's usually too expensive for most people to consider too, especially if they live inland.

Took me a while to build up the taste. But now I love it.

Attached: images (3).jpg (262x192, 13K)

Sardines, anything fresh, local, wild caught, farmed tilapia & salmon. Anything fresh water like catfish. Sadly canned tuna is high in mercury/cadmium and unsustainable. Talk to your local fishmonger.

I get a big bag of cheap catfish fillets and throw them in a marinade of lemon, chilli paste, and old bay.

Attached: 1539576819549.jpg (460x288, 18K)

I'm in America too, midwest, but I've never heard of anyone who hasn't at least tried tuna or sunfish or talapia or anything at all.

Japanese food emphasizes the raw natural character of fish so I wouldn't recommend it as a first try. For something more approachable proably soups/stews, crab cakes, fried rice, fish & chips, pies etc.

Attached: 1544736379699.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Where do you find sunfish in the midwest?

Attached: 1536734037456.jpg (1024x768, 154K)

Like nearly any lake in MN

dnr.state.mn.us/fish/sunfish/index.html

They love corn as bait

I was thinking of the other sunfish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_sunfish#/media/File:Enormous_Sunfish.jpg

Attached: 1547577143872.jpg (338x450, 22K)

Twa hudduck suppars an a reed puddin single jist by itseil

can't understand yer Irish jibber jabber lad, in English please

>being worried about metal instead of the fucking hundreds of parasitic worms that infest every fish

Not a problem as long as you cook your food.
>he eats raw fish

FARMED SALMON CONTAINS WAY MORE HEAVY METALS INCLUDING MERCURY THAN FRESH CAUGHT U FUKN MONG

Wild caught from the ocean
Tuna swordfish salmon mackerel
Don't eat canned anything