How long did it take you to reach 1pl8 bench?

How long did it take you to reach 1pl8 bench?

Attached: Feels.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

I did it on my first day at the gym

I started off on it when I was 13

about 4 months

Keep in mind I had literally NEVER lifted weights before then, My one rep max when I started was the bar.

Pffft I did it when I was 4 years old no training. Better start feeling self conscious about your bench because all that actually matters is comparing every personal mile stone to others.

Honestly like a year of not very disciplined gym visits

After a month (for reps)

It was pretty easy for me not gonna lie.
When I came out of the womb, the nurse assisted the doctor in cutting the umbilical cord, then placed me in a modified bench so I could reach the bar with my tiny baby arms, and loaded the bar with one plate in each side, then proceded to chant as I lifted the bar with ease.

i do 50 lb dumbbell press for reps usually, do you think i could do 1pl8 on a barbell?

I was kinda chunky so about 2 visits to the gym

How many reps?

nice

8x3 is what ive been doing

Around 3 months I think. I was in incredibly bad shape before I started lifting though because of YEARS of being a NEET who did nothing but shitpost on Mongolian image boards, play vidya and watch Chinese cartoons.

Lel

A few days, but I was working on the manual at the time, so I already had some strength going on.

Then probably yeah.

surely you can trust him, nobody lies on Jow Forums

Same. Could unironically do it when I was 15 with no lifting experience

when I was 13 or 14

kek

I bench 155 for 5 and 50lb dbs for 10.

this

any bench-specific tips to help break a plateau?

Add weighted dips and incline DB bench to your routine

Just did it for 3x5, felt pretty good since I'm 6'5" with a 6'6" reach and I've been cutting for a long while

What part do you get stuck on? If it's at the bottom of the lift then do more pauses at the bottom, if it's at the top then you could try rack presses or more tricep exercises

like 4 months?

i got stuck for a little while but i bought 0.5kg weights that my gym doesn't have and it really helped me

Attached: index.png (1156x802, 52K)

wtf is with all those fucking jumps up and down

A month. Add ten pounds a week homie.

>135 time benching
>225 my first time squatting
>315 first time deadlifting
>Didn’t even play sports other than baseball
Does any dude actually struggle to bench lmao1pl8? If so were you starved as a child or something?

Just read the rest of the thread and remembered Jow Forums is filled with manlets and dyels so
>inb4 huh huh yeah right dude

me being desperate about being stuck and misunderstanding rippetoe maybe

>Once a back-off period has become necessary, other changes can be made in the program that are appropriate for the more advanced novice. The squat can go from 3 days of increasing load per week to 2, with the introduction of lighter squats at 60-80% of Monday’s work set weight into the program. They provide a break in the intensity due to the unloading, which helps to prolong linear increases.

meant to reference

>his mom didnt shove a bar and 2pl8s up her cooch before his birth
don't worry user it is not your fault

Day one because I was 250 so pushing my fatass out of the bed in the morning prepared me, to get to two plates took a good 8 months though

One month of:

Bb bench press 5x3
Db bench press 8x3
Bb curl 8x3
Db bicep curl. 8x3
Bb squat. 5x3

Bb incline bench press 5x3
Db shoulder press 8x3
Chin up. 8x3
Bb deadlift. 5x3
Bb close grip bench. 8x3
Dip. 8x3

Bb bench press. 5x3
Db bench press. 8x3
T bar row. 5x3
Db bicep curl. 8x3
Bb squat. 5x3

when i walked in i could do 25s for ~10 reps. first time i tried 45s i just did 4-5. I did martial arts and got in lots of fights when I was growing up in the streets of Yerevan though. Guys who just walk in with no prior physical activity will take a little longer but fer sur anyone in the world(except people with no hands) can get to 2pl8 bench

4 months

no athletic anything before lifting except joggig when i was younger. started with the bar and took about half a year

Because you're not an unathletic shit.

>175lb squat but 60lb bench

what's wrong with me bros

first day or first week (it wasn't easy nor was the form good)
60kg was never a goal as a result.

which makes me think 1/2/3/4 is a stupid goal. First day I could do 1,3 and 4.

Attached: 5419310-5165474372-commi.jpg (1024x614, 125K)

You mean 1pl8 ohp right?

About six weeks, but I went on a two week holiday though.

Attached: binch.png (922x464, 20K)

For reps, starting from skinnyfat 0 strength, took me 8 months my dude.
>t-t-that's terrible!

Don't care I'm quiet happy with my progress, I was barely able to bench the bar first

Are you japanese?

Because RTL? That's just how the app shows the data. It's shown in a horizontally scrollable view, with new data being added on the left.

Like 14 years of being alive.

A few days. I was 15 at the time

Took me 2 months to go from 90lbs to 130lbs(1pl8)

Atleast you don’t skip leg day

>165 bench
It's such a grind.

this

1 thing to keep in mind.

Someone trying to get fit that is starting as a fatass is going to start with higher lifts than someone who was a stick.

What someone could first lift doesn't mean shit without knowing if they are lifting their body weight, or only 1/3 of it.

6 weeks in, still not quite there

55kg x 5 currently

3 months, 7 months in 85kg for 5x5

You made me find my old workout log
>June 20, 2017
>40 kilos 2x5
>July 25
>50 kilos 2x5
>August 22
>60 kilos 1x4, 1x5
>September 05
>60 kilos 4x5
Could have reached it faster if I wasn't cutting, I miss those days like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: garbage can garbage cannot.jpg (1200x800, 459K)

First time to the gym I did 2 reps. I did a warm up set than went to 1 plate, I had no real idea of how heavy shit was and just assumed "oh only one of these will be easy." Kind of shocked me how heavy it was

did 405 3x5 my first day at the gym

6 weeks 5x5. probably could have done it sooner but it's my worse form lift.

2 weeks after a 2 year hiatus.

So you mean it took you 2 years and 2 weeks

Unironically did it for one rep on my first day in a gym at 17, having never done strength training and only very light cardio for a couple of years before.
I was 6’3 140lb at the time, so I’m incredibly curious what someone who couldn’t hit 1rep would look like

Started 5x5s with 40kg and was adding 2.5 every session. At around 50kg some Chad asked to work in and told me to try 60.
So I guess around 3-4 weeks

Like 3 weeks, maybe 4. It doesn't take long even if you never did any exercise in your life

Is 1pl8 equivalent to 135lbs?

1 pl8 = 2 x 45s + bar

I couldnt hit 1pl8 for a rep when i started. Basically imagine a 130 pound skellington with no muscle mass at all.

1 plate is easy, it gets harder after