How can i be more rational than emotional?

I thought hitting the gym would make me stronger both physically and mentally. Turns out I still have a really fragile mind. Confidence is good, self-steem is boosted, all that because I like my body more now. But still have feelings, still believe in fairytales and love, although I’ve also trained my brain reading some books about having a healthy mindset. It all comes back to nothing. Shit sucks

Attached: 7FD976B7-00FD-4888-8445-63AE8707D6A2.png (500x394, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/experts-corner/decisions-are-emotional-not-logical-the-neuroscience-behind-decision-making
youtube.com/watch?v=0rWunrNejmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stay strong brother

2/3/4/5

Attached: 1560232027782.jpg (500x497, 54K)

Have you tried nofap? . I'm on day 5 right now desu. Balls hurt, but mind is clear as day

Attached: 1562995492512s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

Didn’t even reach 1234 dude. Fuck.

Keep moving forward. Eventually you shall ascend and no longer have feels.

It'll fade with time as you deal with more and more shit.

Knowledge and persistence. Not to let great pleasures or big pains affect your existence is hard, but you get better each time your try to do it.

I fap once a week. But now that im sad maybe I’ll be tempted to relapse many times a week. Healthy mindset can be improved with lifting but not much for me

Hug your mom and tell her you appreciate her. The only whore that matters in this life

>OP asks legitimate question
Have you tried snakeoil? Works for me! *citation needed*

Fuck off.

OP, the only mental gains you make by going to the gym is discipline. I think focusing on mindset is good, it has worked for me in repelling bad moods and depression. But everyone is different. We are going to need more specific info about why you feel your mind is weak. Believing in love is not a reason to think your mind is weak - maybe not a realistic thought if you asked most people but not a sign of weakness.

>How can i be more rational than emotional?
>Turns out I still have a really fragile mind.
>But still have feelings, still believe in fairytales and love
Emotions heavily go into making logical decisions, so it's probably less what you posted and more that you're a human
>bigthink.com/experts-corner/decisions-are-emotional-not-logical-the-neuroscience-behind-decision-making
>and love
This exists
>youtube.com/watch?v=0rWunrNejmA
>I thought hitting the gym would make me stronger both physically and mentally
It does

Study stoicism

Attached: Quotation-Marcus-Aurelius-You-have-power-over-your-mind-not-outside-events-Realize-1-30-33.jpg (1200x640, 110K)

So just time and get used to it? Isn’t there a less painful way? I fucking hate how im feeling rn. But I don’t want to be a whiny bitch about it, i want to improve. Thanks guys

Mindset is weak with all shit related to love, sex, friendship. That’s the biggest flaw. When i get ghosted, ignored or unappreciated by friends or women, i get super sad. My mind is fragile with social relationships, emotions make me weak. Having feelings for girls, pity, compassion, friendship all makes me vulnerable to them. I rely on it so much that i also get attached with it very easily. Can’t be happy if im alone. And I know it shouldn’t be like that, but I cannot change this

You're asking the wrong question by framing humanity as a reason-emotion split.

The reason-emotion split is a concept that dates back to Plato, with many of the socratic dialogues pointing to emotions running riot and needing to be guided by reason.

This was useful at the time for the greeks, because their society was emotionally honest - if you look at the odyssey, you'll see the hero odysseus, who was the paragon of greek masculinity (which became western masculinity) range through the entire depth of human emotions.

The greeks' emotions led to behaviour we'd now consider childish - being emotional, they often did things which came back to bite them. Therefore plato saw the need for reason to "govern" emotion and hold the reigns.

The puritans who came later took this idea and ran with it, essentially blotting out nearly all emotion and defining masculinity as a stone cold wall who did "what needed to be done" (which was always what seemed to be good for the community as a whole). I.e. somewhat of a slave mentality.

The stamping down on emotions idea was not useful to the puritans and has been harmful to the west because it was removed from the original culture of being emotionally honest. The greeks, to succeed, needed to dampen their emotions because they were too emotional. The puritans were already sperglords, but we got their baggage.

There's nothing wrong with being emotional, and stamping on them isn't healthy. Nothing wrong with fairytales - I like reading Grimm's fairytales myself.

The key to starting development emotionally is to ask yourself why you feel a certain emotion when it rises. Then you keep asking why until you dig and find the root cause. Often, it will be because society has created an idea which is divorced from the basic human condition, and you are not living up to that idea.

>Start with the greeks
>Ask yourself why you feel something, and is it rooted in basic humanity, or in an externally defined concept

Dude, this is so based. I’ve tried finding the root, maybe because i grew watching disney with happy endings and praising emotions over rational behavior. Im still skeptical about if its better to be more emotional as greeks said, cause i find exposing your emotions to others a potential point of weakness for others to exploit. I just want my mental health not be conditioned by other people, cause i also find my mood extremely variable depending on what others do (or dont do to me). I will try reading about the greeks tho. Thanks user

Im reading the article about emotions. Thanks user

Being rational means acknowledging your emotions, not avoiding them. We're not robots, and it's unhealthy to castrate yourself just because it makes you uncomfortable.

Well it sounds like you still have a really poor sense of self-esteem. An old addage holds true here that if you aren’t okay being alone you shouldn’t be in a relationship. The way I look at it, you dont have to like being alone, most people prefer having a relationship, but you have to have the capacity to live productively and with reasonable contentness as a single person.

You are focusing too much on others. You need to focus on yourself and invest extra time and energy on improving your life and having more confidence as an individual.

Thanks bros. I’ll try boosting my self esteem more and try to leave in peace with myself. Cheers

It depends what you mean by having your mental health governed by others - as new age as it sounds, it is about finding balance. You don't want to be a slave to the whims of others, but to be unaffected by others entirely is to be inhuman.

A lot of the time, insults come from other people's ill health. An example off the top of my head is making fun of someone for drinking certain kinds of beer, or for not drinking at all (both common among parties of young 20's) - they've had society, externally, define to them that drinking beer is masculine, and therefore, wanting to be masculine, they drink beer and posture on people who don't, in order to climb the "social ladder". The healthy person might not like drinking beer, or might only want one or two, to which someone will call them a pussy.

They might be insulted by the others there, but the healthy person would recognise the root of this insult - a twisted world view promoted by external society (in this case, hollywood and beer companies), which has nothing to do with the root of being human.

There's no shortcut to emotional health and no single book (despite what self help books claim) that will give you stability. As I said earlier I think stability comes from knowing what is at the root of being human, which is surprisingly little. Most other things are defined externally to help someone, somewhere, climb the social ladder or make money. Knowing what is the root, though, requires study of more than just books, you have to study people's body language and thoughts and what they want, and requires making a lot of mistakes. If you make a mistake (socially, professionally, romantically, etc.) don't beat yourself up for it overmuch. Recognise that you made a mistake, whatever you didn't wasn't correct for that one situation, and take away a lesson.

The illiad and the odyssey are two of the best books to study the roots, because they defined western masculinity for a very long time.

Damn user. I read those books on school and thought they were cool but never noticed this message. Its very interesting really. All you said. As I stated before, based greek poster. Thanks for the help, for real. Wish you the best and I will try to improve as you said, analyzing these things.

Teen user here, care to elaborate on finding out the root of humanity?

I'm going to be straight here. I am a cuckold, but I am also a white nationalist. I believe that whites have contributed more to humanity than any other race, space travel, antibiotics the list goes on. But when it comes down to it, blacks are just better at fucking. There's no shame in admitting this. There is no shame in admitting that despite the infinite intellectual and moral superiority of the white race, black cock is just better at pleasing women.

The reason white women are turning from the cause and running to niggers is simply because they are not being sexually satisfied. Can you blame them? If you don't get enough to eat at home youre going to go out to eat. The only way to save the white race from miscegenation is cuckolding. My pure white wife is my angel, the apple of my eye. And I want nothing but the best for her. So every friday she gets to have her fill of big black cock. And our relationship goes on like normal. We love each other, and plan on having a child soon. She also shares my red pilled beliefs.

Monogamy is a tool of the jew. Just give it a chance once. Its exhilarating. There's something deeply majestic about watching a toned muscular black stud going in and out of a beautiful white woman. Try it once.

Attached: 1560631829945.jpg (972x972, 691K)

Unironically read this. I was already on the less emotional side but this definitely helps.

Attached: screen-shot-2016-05-19-at-11-30-08-am.png (426x644, 355K)

The most based post on this fucking board. You sir carry the torch.

Attached: downloadfile.gif (498x452, 964K)

t. snakeoil salesman - D I S C I P L I NE LMFAO WHAT AJOKE

>Start with the gays
fify

>>youtube.com/watch?v=0rWunrNejmA
You should go back
I mean it

Pic unrelated

Attached: 6ac8cc88696da304a3afc94b0d415cd67f81036c_00.jpg (200x200, 5K)

go back2reddit

You are emotional and weak because you don't do things that build character. You need to put yourself in stressful situations like rigorous coursework, a demanding job, having a family, etc.

you say the wrong question is asked because you disagree with the reason-emotion framing.
But then you proceed elaborating on the framing and answering the wrong question.

still a high quality post but I now wonder;
what frame will replace the previous one?

unironically kill yourself

Not even from reddit go back to Jow Forums or your mothers fat loose cunt you tidbit

Best thread I've seen for a while
Meditate to cultivate awareness of emotions in the present moment and their impact on your decision making. Learn to step back from those feelings so you are not a slave to them. It's not about becoming a robot - you don't want to become less emotional but rather attain self mastery.