Benchpress with the bar or dumbbells, anons? Which one and why?

Benchpress with the bar or dumbbells, anons? Which one and why?

Attached: Decline-Dumbbell-Bench-Press.png (1320x790, 439K)

Both

>better rom
>more athletic
>requires more stabilizer muscles
>better contraction
>look cooler

Attached: DFB55877-AFDF-4EB6-8EA5-543BB7ACF03A.jpg (1242x1538, 1.08M)

Dumbbells

More stabilizers involved.

Each arm operates independently.

Can rep to failure and really struggle every set for maximize time under tension and gains without worrying about spotter or getting stuck under bar. Just lower the DBs to the sides when I've hit failure.

Feels like a boss pulling up 80lb dbs.

Can also get more range of motion (bar would be 4 inches into chesto).

There's only 2 barbells at my gym but tons of benches. No waiting for bench.

DB for the aforementioned reasons

I agree except this part

>requires more stabilizer muscles

The whole stabilizer muscles thing is a meme. You're using all the same muscles regardless of if using dumbbell or barbell. "Stabilizer muscles" are just muscle opposite of the joint of the target muscle keeping you from going to snap city. If anything, this is a detriment, because it means you're using your target muscle even less to try to compensate with no real added benefit. You're not using some mysterious muscle that's only activated when doing something unilaterally, you're just forcing your muscle to work less effectively.

Barbell, because it's enormously safer.

barbell because it's really difficult/annoying to set up for dumbbell bench since my dumbbell bench would be with 50KG dumbbells or heavier

DB, if you have absolutely have to use a barbell keep it for flat bench and do DB inclines
Wat

>wtf deadlifts aren't just for legs? Fuck this stupid meme exercise

BB bench
DB incline

used to do barbell since I had great spotter friends. Moved away and haven't made new friends, so I use dumbbell. I don't think I'll switch back to barbell though, dumbbell just feels much more natural and proper.

Its the complete opposite though. DB is safer in every way

Emperor Jeff has a video on setting up for dumbbell bench I found massively helpful.

In heavy DB bench press, it's easy to fuck up your elbow, your shoulder, or drop the weight on your head. Spotting with a barbell is also much easier.

I've only done bb, what sort of equation do I use to figure out my db weight?

bench some dumbbells and if its too light get heavier ones

You can't over exert ROM with a barbell because your chest is in the way
You can tear your pec out much easier with a dumbell press

Good:
You'll use more stabilizers and have a better ROM. You'll also not have to worry about one arm getting stronger than the other you would with a bar.

Bad
I've got a homegym so I use the bar though. If I wanted to DB press I'd have to get an adjustable pair. It's also extra work to get in position compared to a bench press because you can just lay down and do it

If you're worried about assymetrical training, just turn the bar around between sets

always amazed when people ask how much weight to use

Dumbbells for hypertrophy, barbell for strength

I Dumbdell bench press 80 lbs for 5 reps but bb bench only 140lb for 5 reps. Something fucked

Barbell so I can go heavier. Pecs respond best to low-rep (4-6) high intensity work.

Dumbell for incline though because shoulder mobility

I'm not sure that's even possible. Are you not counting the bar?

is your bar 40kg and you're not counting it? or are you just doing some horrific shoulder destroying compensation on your DB bench to get the weight up

>Gym only has dumbbells up to 70lbs
It’s like they don’t want me to make gains. Looks like it’s barbell bench press forever... Am I gonna make it?

Attached: EB173A1E-62AF-48B1-81B4-BBCDAF8A6149.png (1124x685, 52K)

Barbell allows you to add more weight so you can overload your muscles better. Dumbbell is better for ROM, but while generally safer for your shoulders, going down too far in an unsafe shoulder position can tear something pretty easily.

Your ROM on DB's probably way too short

It's the equivalent of acting like DB deadlifts are superior, retard.

The barbell allows you to mask weaknesses and imbalances so you can press more weight than you can safely handle, the dumbbell exposes those weaknesses and you have to go lighter. Therefore you’re actually less likely to tear a pec, if you want proof Jeff has made many videos where he talks about this.

No, proper form of course. Idk, dumbdell press seems really easy compared to bb. Elbows are near my side to prevent shoulder cracking and injury. Getting tired from failing 140 bb bench week after week.

My man. BB for heavy sets then DB's for assistance work.

Barbell allows you to use more weight and you can add smaller weight increments for progressive overload

Hm, will consider this advice user

dumbbells are mostly better, except that barbells let you load up more weight, which has its own benefits

should also add, body builders will favor dumbbells at lot more than powerlifters, for obvious reasons

dumbbells because I lift alone and don't want to get crushed under the bar

Came to post this

I can't setup 45 kgs safely so no thanks for db

Kek

Both.
Iso lateral movement to isolate the muscle that is lacking.

Attached: bench1.jpg (982x461, 97K)

Attached: bench2.jpg (957x460, 107K)

So, just getting crushed by lonliness, then?

Attached: Doomer Pier.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Dumbbells on the floor because I am afraid of getting injured. I'm 37 and seeing another boomer lose mobility is a scary thing.

Ahahahaha how much do you bench bro?

It comes from an insecurity of not knowing what to do and not wanting to look like a noob. I'd know.

I'm mostly over it now.

Occasionally switch between the two to fight adaptation. Probably start with dumbbells if you're new, just because they cap out at lower weights at a lot of places.

Attached: only a little smug.jpg (512x512, 58K)

I do flat bench with barbell and incline with dumbell one day, and then The other day I do incline bench barbell and flat bench dumbell

Dips

If you go too deep youll fuck your shoulders m8