Rest days

FUCK this is boring.
Im doing a split where i lift 3 times a week and have a 2 day rest period at the end. I read that protein synthesis only takes 2 days at most to complete or something so resting that long was unnecessary. But other people have always told me otherwise.
Im a beginner and have only been lifting for a week or so, does this mean i can ignore that because my muscles havent developed enough yet to take advantage of this?

Tl;dr. Im so bored, should i lift or stick to my schedule?

(Pic for attention)

Attached: 1564190801030.jpg (1111x1000, 199K)

The gains come while your muscles are resting. Hammering it out every day will impede your progress. If you want to lift every day just for shits and giggles, do a routine that allows you to. PPLPPLx is good, or you can look into Bulgarian style training.

> lifting for a week
> so bored I can’t lift

Stop frontin’

Wtf resting for a whole day is too much, stick to rest meals and you won’t become as lethargic

pics like that are so misleading. yeah it looks hot but see her standing up and youll see a fat disgusting body. i got tricked recently which is why im triggered

Maybe your workouts aren't heavy or difficult enough. 3 days a week is good for a beginner but if you want to train higher frequency you have to build up to it, so get as much progress as you can out of that program.
A PPLPPLx is good but Bulgarian is too much for a beginner

>2 day rest period at the end
What the fuck fag, you only need one day of rest. The synthesis thing takes 48 hours, which you'll get if you count the rest day itself and the two 12 hour periods of rest you have on the day after your last workout/the day prior to your next workout.

Attached: 1565458817676.jpg (768x768, 62K)

With a 3x/week schedule you need a two day period every third rest to maintain a consistent schedule

>local user shocked to discover women are liars
>"why did nobody warn me?" he asked increduously

Attached: 1560884739107.jpg (1875x1889, 196K)

I see these threads complaining about rest days and I never get it

Is lifting the only thing you guys in life or what

>only takes 2 days
that's if you're trained. beginners will fuck their shit up easily.

Rest day = stretch day

Stretching and flexibility is the hidden secret to unlocking more gainz.

By stretching you can expand where your strength begins/ends beyond what most people have with their more limited range of motion.

Spend the day at home and do some yoga off of amazon prime or youtube.
Lookup stretching videos. Try to do the splits. Etc

Fitness is about pushing yourself beyond your current limits.
Why should that stop at raw strength?

Attached: jean_claude_van_damme_06.jpg (450x666, 51K)

>Is lifting the only thing you guys in life or what
based asking questions you already know the answer to poster

>no job
>no friends
>no money

Eat my weiner

See Yes. Outside of school i have nothing other than my girlfriend and video games

And yes i am the op.
>inb4 post body

Attached: 20190709_202224~2.jpg (1154x2006, 371K)

>Stretching and flexibility is the hidden secret to unlocking more gainz.

Explain further?

so I lived to the day in which I have to tolerate entitled normie zoomers on Jow Forums

better go and do your homework, kid

dumbshit magical thinking, but some stretching is a good idea

>I'm 20
Fuck off boomer

Because people may be hyper mobile and won't benefit from your stretching?

This concept

Squats are awesome for strength and core activation. However, you are still limited by physics. Can only go down so far and bring knees so close to chest and maintain upright/balance.

As a result, muscles are not being 100% utilized.

Leaving gainz on the table.

Compared to adding in a heavy resistance band or two later than night to fully use up the portion of muscles that is otherwise not used (bring knees to chest)

Most people only exercise up to the point that their exercise of choice limits them to.
They are placing a completely arbitrary limit on themselves rather than actively pursuing flexibility and a more completely 100% utilization of the muscle and muscle fibers.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_164614.png (1113x3517, 2.6M)

I did PPL 6 times a week for most of this year and switched to push-pull 6 times a week. Mostly because I'm an incel who needs the extra volume to compensate for inferior genetics and fend off boredom.

Like...barbell bench press versus dumbbells.
You can go much deeper (arms further back) on dumbbell press because with barbell it will hit your chest.

That extra 3-4in adds up over time.

I cringe when I see guys at gym quarter repping a ton of weight instead of touching barbell to chest, or better yet...doing dbs presses and going "below" chest level.

Falling into the "how much can you lift" trap is sad.
Then you end up with related where technically they "touched the barbell to their chest" and did a rep.
They are only fooling themselves.

Attached: 1562974790807s.jpg (250x235, 7K)

this actually makes sense. I'm gonna start using dumbbells more often than barbells now. Hope I'm not being memed

Meant this

Attached: 1561819293127.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

Keep lifting 3 days a week but incorporate active recoveries on 2 of your off days. This should be some form of cardio for up to 30 minutes along with things like dead hangs and static stretching.

Yes. OP read: Becoming a Supple Leopard. you can probably find a pdf online for free.