Canadian fitizens. Unfortunately all the diet guides are for Americans for American products

Canadian fitizens. Unfortunately all the diet guides are for Americans for American products.

What grocerys do you shop at?
What brands or specific items do you buy?
What are some good cheap canadian brand items that are healthy?

Attached: national-flag-canada-lge2-56a0e57f5f9b58eba4b4f422.jpg (768x512, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_feeding#Alberta_beef
chickenfarmers.ca/the-wheel-of-chicken-understanding-your-choices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't you just walk into the store and look at the nutrition labels?

>looking at every single products nutrition labels

Diet is
>Onions
>Garlic
>Celery
>Carrots
>Frozen vegetables
>Canned tomatoes
>Canned beans
>Milk
>Cheap meat
>Whole grains
>Bananas
>Olive oil

I would suggest chicken but isn't it $12 a pound there ?

>BUAH ALL THE GUIDES ARE FOR AMERICAN PRODUCTS POOR ME HOW AM I GONNA DIET NOW :(((((((
there are hundreds of europeans and latin americans on this board who have managed to get their diet right just fine, and you're telling me you can't get your diet right because "all the guides are for americans", despite the fact that your ass probably lives at driving distance from the US border? fuck off.

Chicken Breast goes on sale once a month for $4/lb. I just buy it in bulk and throw it in the freezer until I need it. Not bad considering the vast majority of all meat in Canada (including the cheap stuff) is pasture raised. The milk/beef is almost entirely grass fed by default.

I went to Canada this past week for work.
Ate with people there. I was literally eating 3x the amount of each person.

Everytime I got food, they would say that theres no way I could eat it all and that I guess I could take it back to which I would reply "we'll see" (and then proceed to finish before them).

Is this an american thing or a Texan thing?

Food I was eating was primarily chicken, pork loin, and a shitload of veggies and healthy food though.
Was walking 8miles a day in addition to fitness room in hotel...so was really just trying to meet my caloric intake.

I definitely think food is cheaper here in USA for high quality proteins. And I dont think canadians are accustomed to spending so much money on food.

Idiot, get some brain gains before attempting to drive a car and entering a store.

>Is this an american thing or a Texan thing?
Its an American thing - portions are way bigger in the states. Average meal in New York when I ate out was around 1500-2000 calories.

When I went to Austin I got some beef rib dinner and the plate was the size of a banquet hall serving plate.

Source?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_feeding#Alberta_beef

chickenfarmers.ca/the-wheel-of-chicken-understanding-your-choices/

You look it up beforehand, calculate what macros you need, build your meal plan to fit, THEN buy the fucking food.

Buy chicken breast in bulk from costco

Attached: 1490050616785.gif (330x422, 975K)

Only $4lb? What province are you from? In sask I it goes for as low as 2.99/lb or superstore sells lean ground chicken or turkey in value packs at about 2.50/lb

I live in the GTA

I guess that pretty cheap for there

It all piles up - lots of people living off credit. I lucked out by getting a cheap apartment in a good neighborhood so I'm not feeling it much. Originally from London, On - everything is more affordable there.

It's a fatty thing

Yes?

You buy like one or two dozen items on the regular. Should take you about an hour or two to figure out what you want. Then buy accordingly

> buy products with nutrition labels

Ask me how I know you’re fat.

Just join your local farmers CSA. Get to know your local farms. Buy good quality meats,dairy and produce directly from them. That is the Jow Forums way.

I fixed the problem by working remotely for an American software company and actually getting paid a livable wage. It's ridiculous how much people are living off debt in this country, and food is barely affordable.

One Costco trip for me and my wife is 300$, and that's like 1.5 weeks of food. In total we're spending like 900 a month for the both of us, including eating out

>Chicken, freeze it
>Burger patties/ground beef
>Pasta salads
>Tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, celery, onions, mushrooms
>Chicken pot pie
>Milk even though I'm lactose intolerant. Lactose free milk is way too expensive
>Cereal
>Pancakes
>Eggs

Attached: 1565398501978.jpg (3000x4000, 3.15M)

Yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter, bread, protein powder. Should I continue?

>ground chicken
>ground turkey
>onions
>garlic
>protein bars for snacks
>multigrain cereal
>bananas
>skim milk
>eggs
>turkey bacon
>spaghetti

Basically my Loblaws trips these days

I'm just a former obese guy losing weight and browsing this board, no longer obese. Since I fast I don't do groceries, and any day I have eaten in the last 8 months has been burrito bowls from burrito boys or fat bastard burrito. I could have saved so much money but oh well.

>32g sugars
>11% DV

Yeah, good call reading this fucking shit. Enjoy your cancerbetes.

How much do you get paid working remotely? I am in software and I'm pretty interested in working remotely.

130 cad, 1 year out of grad

Attached: fancygopher.jpg (779x888, 47K)

Nice. I'm signing later this week for a 90k position at a Canadian company. If you don't mind my asking, how did you find a remote position? Any good resources to check?

Also, what's a realistic estimate of the number of hours you put in for the position? More than the 40 hours you would if you were really there? Less because there's no supervision?

>eggs
>butter
>Fairlife milk
>cheese
>Greek yogurt or Skyr
>100% natural peanut butter
>brown rice
>dried beans/chickpeas
>tinned sardines
>sauerkraut
>pickled vegetables
>onions
>green onions
>bell peppers
>asparagus
>broccoli
>cauliflower
>Brussels sprouts
>celery
>carrots
>garlic
>olive oil
>frozen fruit (for protein shakes)
>chicken breast (bone in as it's cheaper and you can use the bones to make stock)
>pork tenderloin
>whatever other meat is of good quality and on sale

For the most part this is all I buy. For me alone it costs around $250/month to eat.

>Bread
Yikes
>Eggs
>Peanut butter
You don't need to look at the nutrition label. Your peanut butter is real peanut butter, right? Not watered down with sugar and oils?

Yes, continue