Jeff says it's okay to bench with your feet up. Thoughts?

youtu.be/9i8KbN-cPg0

Attached: 20190810_181522.jpg (658x668, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BC5z9h9MFG0/?igshid=wnqlfaqho9r9
youtube.com/watch?v=PAXkl-AdJFg
t-nation.com/training/tip-the-best-bench-press-for-chest-development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one gives a shit what you have to say jeff

well hes wrong
I dunno shit about lifting but dangling a heavy weight on top of my head is dangerous enough, doing it with less stability is even worse.
>inb4 nigga this trains your chest AND your core, just go light and do high reps
well why not just do push ups then?
push ups are a much better pump workout than bench because they train the muscles around the chest that cant be trained on a bench due to the scapular contraction
hi richard

>one studies with a tiny sample size says it barely increases activation
>LOOOOOOL DUDE ITS GREAT TRY IT BRO
so called science based channel

Its hard to take advice from someone shorter than you desu

Yeah fuck science, all those researches only show minor differences that could be compensated with doing 1 more rep.

Jeff's soo hawwt xD

I started to do them after watching a Kevin Oak vid. After heavy triples I'll do some light weight drop sets to get some more volume in.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 88K)

If you are benching for strength gains, you want your feet on the ground for stability

If you are benching for hypertrophy in the 10-12 rep range with lighter weights, it is fine to put your feet up on the bench if you want

/thread

Attached: 1558160092661.png (887x746, 337K)

Why? I'm hitting bench not taking a fucking nap

Attached: 1565467567307.gif (320x180, 1.07M)

Unfortunately this advice only makes sense (kinetically speaking) for dwarf sized bodies. Once legs and other limbs get past a certain size the advice is no longer safe. If you suffer from dwarfism or are a child than this is great advice

No amount of fitness or know how therein will change that height
When he goes out in public that is all anyone can see how small he is. They will attribute his muscles to insecurity and a coping mechanism to how small in stature he is.
Society dislikes ugly men, small men and ugly/fat women. The latter actually pulls through cause desperate guys will still fuck a fatty
Women who attain smaller height men get shamed in their own circles religiously.
Tall = subconscious implication of power and intelligence, built in by most western society and accepted by society without question
Small = useless, poor genetics, insecure, society has branded them that if they do anything in life it’s simply a cope for their unnaturally below average height, absolutely blown the fuck out, not even subconscious society drones accept manlets
Apart from his height I wish him luck with that “fitness career” cause that will last Hahahahahhahaha
I won’t look at this thread again or ((yous)) so don’t reply to my wisdom. I am 100% right and you cannot refute. Byyeeeeeee

This is true, Jeffs problem is he has been trying to use a human sized bench for his workouts. When he uses a human sized bench his legs struggle to touch the floor actually hindering his ability to bench properly. By lifting his legs up he no longer has to stretch his teeny tiny little feetsies down to the floor, allowing him to fully focus on the upper body motion. The best solution for Jeff would be to have a dwarf sized bench custom made for him though, but I guess lifting with his feet in the air is a good workaround until then.

Attached: 12333.jpg (469x463, 19K)

Only says that because he cannot reach the floor when he lies down to bench

>Dangling a heavy weight on top of my head is dangerous enough
Want to try something dangerous with bech?
>Suicide grip, guillotine press
I do this to see if natural selection will claim me if it doesn't i have earned anoter day to spread my seed.

>I do this to see if natural selection will claim me if it doesn't i have earned anoter day to spread my seed
shut up virgin

Attached: 1560667829298.png (202x302, 90K)

bruh your shoulders are gonna be rip

Jeff was fucking robin gallant and now Steph buttermore you mad?

>Steph buttermore
IM ALL IN

Attached: 1552600212360.png (225x225, 87K)

I have no idea who those people are, so no

Oy vey they forgot to tell her he’s a manlet instagram.com/p/BC5z9h9MFG0/?igshid=wnqlfaqho9r9

Who fucking cares about these people?

Retard I’m replying to the person saying when anyone looks at Jeff all they see is a coping manlet. Clearly this isn’t true because he’s fucking girls way hotter than the girls taller guys are getting

Again, who fucking cares who this person you don't know is fucking?

He misinterprets results at times...
He doesn't seem to be aware that the standard deviation determines whether the results (means) are significantly different. I've seen him site studies and use plots that are not saying what he his claiming for this reason.

Listen we get it, you're short and you lift so you don't like it when people point out how the majority of the population sees you and immediately thinks you're compensating for your height. Just chill out with your fanboying

Attached: 1563012669199.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

Are you this dense? Did you post that long manlet rage filled screed?

Someone should tell his girlfriends hes just compensating for his height.

We all make compromises in life. Jeff has a very successful youtube channel and shes kickstarting her own career as an "influencer"

Attached: 1559946717858.jpg (1080x645, 76K)

Stop talking to me before I report you.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAXkl-AdJFg

His Back Width vs Thickness video was a good example of this. Misinterpretation of data all over the place.

Could you give examples I’m curious

t-nation.com/training/tip-the-best-bench-press-for-chest-development
It also uses less shoulder muscles then regular bench.
Lol, tell me more about myself since you know me so well.

Wrong Jeff, retard

Attached: EAB8183E-3BD1-4DB7-9B34-367871E1EFA8.jpg (1629x1080, 518K)

his feet are up by default

>sample size is less than 10
>study over long term benefits of something was done in a couple weeks
>lifting experience, age, nutrition, T-levels and so on were not controlled
>gets thrown around as absolute truth by every cookie cutter blog site trying to make some ad money
Almost as bad as nutritional "scientists" deliberately misinforming people to push their personal beliefs onto people. Especially since they never get retested since there is a never ending flood of these garbage studies in NCBI. People trust this shit way too quickly, they manipulate results or lie all the time in every field.

this

hi jeff

idk senpai seems a little fucky
besides my chest grows fast from years of pushups but my triceps don't. come to think of it my push up form looked a lot like the guillotine press

HEY THIS GUYS SHORT!!!!

Jeff's content is literal garbage tier

He hops on any gimmick that Eric Helms or some other meme lord casually mentions and makes a video like it's the most insane thing ever

benching with your feet straight is actually a very widely used powerlifting accessory for bench, so if u like it, do it
also eat my massive cock

Eric helms mogs this board

Haven’t even watched the video yet, but if it’s another study involving EMG data rather than actual results it’s trash. He has too many videos using that.

you put the feet on your spotter's shoulders

Based and suicide pilled