Workout rate/improvements thread?

About to set foot into gym after being away on work for a week. Only worked out once at hotel and did a shitload of walking (8mi a day twice).

I've been working on cardio and general body stress response.
Seems like my main limit in body/growth isn't muscle fatigue, its CNS and cardio fatigue.
I've been working on it by pushing body to cardio limit (for me) and then allowing a week to heal.

Rationale: Blood is the vessel I which nutrients, amino acids, etc are deliveries. It's also the vessel by which waste leaves.
By increasing bloodflow to parts of body (muscles) the body repairs, heals, and grows.
Pushing blood through essentially has a healing effect.

By increasing the cardiovascular network, I can increase how much blood my body can hold. More blood = more healing and waste management.

This is in essense why I do cardio.

Today...is my cardio day.

Please rate and give recommendations on improvement.

My goal is to push my body harder to grow, but not stupidly so like crossfit (to injury).

My goals are athleticism and aesthetics.

I want to be small/compact/flexible, have lots of stamina, and be very strong/dense.

I'll try my best to capture what I'm doing and why.

Attached: 20190810_174528.png (1110x2382, 3.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k-ATizXobdI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25517106/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27749691/
google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&ei=kI1PXdTjG4KAsQXO3L_IBw&q=citrulline nitric oxide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always start off with stretching

It's like a diagnostic test for body to see what is sore and what's good to go.

Also I throw in balance and flexibility stretches to "wake" my body up.

One legged balance really helps each leg's nervous system light up. It's like my brain clicks and then leg is suddenly ready to go. Like fluorescent lights turning on in sequence down a long hallway.

I notice a difference I'm doing runs, squats, etc with and without waking up my legs.

In yoga, they call this "grounding".

I think more scientifically, its priming the body in some way.

Do about 6 min of stretching of a variety of them. Each trying to improve....stretch deeper,more balance, etc.

Attached: 20190810_180723 (1).webm (1088x930, 2.4M)

Next I move onto treadmill.
Warmup for 5-10mins depending on how long I last exercised.

Walking 4mph while typing on phone and browsing Jow Forums (including this post).

Why the 10lb ankle weights? So that when I warmup while on phone atleast I'm working out shoulders holding my phone up.

After this I get serious...

Attached: Adobe_20190810_182653.png (805x1764, 1.64M)

I take the weight off wrist because they will flop around too much (tendon/joint risk) and replace them with 3lb handweights.

I chugged the protein drink+BCAAs I brought in and refilled with water. I also ate 3 glucose tablets.
My wife is type 1 diabetic. Extremely low blood sugar is fixed by administering glucagon .
My thoughts are...by eating these glucose tablets I'm delivering a shot of glucose>glycogen to my system to last the run. Will give me more energy to push.

Warming up at 3mph until water settles and giving tablets time to dissolve.

5mins are up...

I'm gonna shoot for 12mph run for as long as possible, 0% incline.

Attached: 20190810_183839.png (906x1374, 2.08M)

Set it for 12mph but machine overheated(?) and said it was temporarily decreasing max speed.
It lowered from 12mph to 11 very quickly and then down to 10.7.
For 2 minutes I was running with 3lb weights.
Set them down to take a load off my system and continued for another 1 minute at around 10.4.

Now I walk at 4mph while I type this out/browse internet and rest. 5 mins are up.

I'll do one more run.

No weights, 10incline 10mph.

Then my next rest.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_184646.png (1025x2070, 2.72M)

1min run at 10 incline 10mph.

Muscles had more to give but circ system not keeping up. Stopped at 1min because pulse was in 200 and felt entire body weakness (no blood) as cause of slowdown.

About 2 runs is all my shins can handle at the moment. To avoid shin splints I switch to "low impact" cardio.

Since today is a weekend and I have Sunday to recover..I can go a bit harder.

Going to do a HIIT farmers walk holding 15lb dumbbells + 5lb ankle weights on each arm.

Ate 2 more tablets, drank some water and now warming up by walking on treadmill for 5 min while I browse internet/shit post.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_190532.jpg (1125x1206, 406K)

15 incline at 3mph for 3.5 mins
Pulse 178 (good....not taxed).

Back is tired from lurching forward for 3min walking incline.
Set incline to -3. This way I have to lean backward. Noticed that when weighted this works out abs and delts a bit more.

Attached: 1554224560486.gif (320x209, 938K)

5minutes of -3 incline 3mph 15lb dbs+5lb ankle weights on wrists.

Feel abit more "straighter" in posture afterwards.

Downing 2 more tablets and drinking some water and toweling sweat off.

Even now while I hold phone and type I am walking (holding phone up, each arm has weight strapped to it).

Going for distance next

20min walk at 3mph 0 incline.
If shoulders start to hurt in a bad way or grip starts ro fail carrying it farmers walk style (at sides) I raise into OHP starting position. If that fails, behind back in tricep extension position. If that fails then in bicep curl position (infront of me).

I have tons of muscles to rotate through to keep weight up while I walk.
I just gotta cycle through them.

SS + GOMAD 8 months but I'm not seeing any aesthetic gains? I'm just fat.

As I walk carrying the weight in my hand. I close my eyes and imagine each hand is holding/pulling a dead animal (deer) or part of an animal like a huge chunk/hind quarters of bison or mammoth.

I just gotta walk for 20mins back to camp/dwelling to feed family and group.

Attached: 20190810_192823_1_1.gif (368x656, 2.69M)

10mins of walking in.
Noticed that grip/forearms arent being challenged.

Time to up the ante

Attached: Adobe_20190810_194023.png (2029x926, 3.39M)

This is a quality boomer post. I applaud the time and dedication it took to make this.

Attached: 1553139300256.png (304x315, 161K)

Set incline to 15. Walked 3mph for 3min. Rotated between farmer carry and carrying behind back/on shoulders.

I only put weight down to lower incline and drink water/towel off.

Still walking

hah i saved this one thanks

Attached: 1563563488117.jpg (1125x1113, 657K)

lmao what is this fuckin thread

20mins complete. Only had to shoulder carry twice. Pic related for shoulder carry.

All the while my legs are working with +40lbs.

I plan on increasing ultimately as high as I can. But slowly so that shoulders and joints have time to strengthen.

I am conditioning my body for cardio stamina.

>This is is my warmup before strength training

Now I grabbed the smoothie i brought.
I need calories before moving on.
Today wife and I went shopping so I grabbed one from a store. Normally I would grab a bottled one from fridge. I like to pretend that they are health/mana potions that recover my health.
Taking a quick break to recover glycogen stores. Also need to hydrate.

Will be pushing alot of blood through muscles in a bit.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_200112.png (1292x2415, 3.68M)

After a bit of thought on what is sore today and what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Settled on deadlifts.

I did my first ever deadlift session a week ago. Got up to 2 pl8t.

Gave it a shot today.
Just did 5 reps (plus I'm still wearing weights on wrists).
Feel I could have done a couple more going to try for max numbers next set.

For this session I'm listening to 1 hr loop of onegai muscle op
youtu.be/k-ATizXobdI
Right when I got to top of rep 5..."saido chesto!" played.

The hype is real.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_201645.jpg (995x1561, 356K)

Set 2.
7 reps

"Nice Pose"

Literally living this life but without the tv playing.

Attached: 1564587748411.gif (750x649, 1.1M)

Set 3
Grip failed at end of rep 4.
Took a minute to recover and then did 2 more for a total of 6.

I'm realizing that I'm spending too long to go through motion.
Each second I spend gripping bar is wasted grip strength. I need to go faster.

Also probably doesnt help that grip is weakened from the dumbbell carrying on treadmill earlier.
I may need to switch rotation so that deadlift is done on AMT+Stairmaster day.

user... You tax your body so hard in one day and then try to give yourself a week to heal?
That's a terrible idea. Truly, why would you ever create your own program with zero foundation in fitness experience.

To be aesthetic, you need a significant stimuli from weights. When moving heavy weights, you want minimal fatigue beforehand, so save your cardio for after your lifts.

Diet and rest are exactly as important as your workout, but fuck me user 48 hours should be sufficient instead of a whole week.

Going to failure creates an endurance adaption, one that isn't known for being huge or aesthetic. If you enjoy cardio, then play with the intensity.

Your goal is not creating more blood user. Cardio is good for very different reasons. Increasing blood flow and efficiency has positive effects on the body and heart.

To increase athleticism, slowly incorporate intense movements that require fine control and tax your heart and muscles simultaneously. For you specifically, I would try to train with HIIT (High intensity interval training).

There are many programs online that don't follow a retarded format. If you continue the way you are now, I can hardly see any actual gains in your future.

Be smart and use intelligent sources for your programming. Goodluck, we're all gonna make it.

Attached: JonTron.gif (225x315, 2.5M)

Set 4.
Did 3 reps. Rested for a minute and switched hand position. Could only get 2 more reps out before grip failure.

Will not be able to do another set of 3 or more. Deloading.

Before taking off a plate for drop set. Grabbing a bench. 2pl8 hip thrusts are next....

Completed 1 set of 10 rather violent 2pl8 hip thrusts.

I kindly reddit spaced as much as possible to get my point across to you. You're welcome.

Attached: 1558133895497.jpg (748x600, 211K)

1: Jow Forums isn't your fucking diary. nobody cares about your autism

2. why block out your face in these pictures? you already showed your doofy face in the video

3. kys yourself

Attached: 1417239407749.png (527x355, 320K)

Set 2: 10 reps. Could do more but feel lower back will be strained if I push too hard.
Sticking at 10 reps to maintain proper form.

2 min rest before set 3.

Will think about this and give feedback on what I agree on and what I'm doing.
This walk wasnt very extreme.
Other than run and heavy incline sessions, heartrate barely went above 175lb.

Theres a hide post/thread button.
Use it

Just before set 3. Wife called.
Wondering what time im getting home.

That's fair.
It's been nearly 3 hrs. Posting to Jow Forums eats alot of time.

Going to grocery store to get food for her and i.
Will continue with weights at home gym now that big equipment lifts are done and ive gotten cardio/HIIT in.

New deadlift PRs set in both sets and weight (+10lb). Grip strength failed. Will continue strengthening.
New hip thrust PRs. Did 3x10x2pl8. Not the 5 I wanted...but I'll make up for it using resistance band at home.

Full body everyday.

>What I agree on
You've proven yourself on multiple accounts incompetent in fundamental aspects of fitness.
Trusting literally any other source besides your gut feelings would benefit you.
180 HR is literally near your maximum and you claim it is a leisurely pace.

I tend to be calm and patient with the people I give advice here, so please hear me out while I am harsh. You have a massive ego that is fueling your own downfall, you are sure to fail if you trust your own failing instincts. There are exactly zero people with significant experience that would recommend your programming to anyone. I say this without hyperbole, this post presented to me makes me concerned for your mental and physical well-being more than any other post that I might be able to label as ironic.

Heed any other advice user, god-speed.

Attached: Promotional-Heart-Rate-Chart.jpg (550x883, 282K)

Yes.
3mph 0 incline with weights is leisurely pace. When just walking, HR is maybe ~165.

High HR (>175bpm) only really occurs when full out sprint and/or max incline.
3mph max incline (unweighted) is easy enough that I can just browse phone for about 15min straight before having to actually put effort in/starting to get tired.

I wasn't wearing my watch/hr monitor today. But this is from same thing i did with 20lb dumbbells (no ankle weights on wrists).

You definitely have strong feelings/thoughts on this. And I dont dismiss them. I'm actually very curious as to why you essentially think I'm "ego lifting" via cardio.

The very nature of HIIT is super sharp peaks in heart rate followed by periods if active recovery and/or moderate effort.

My HR easily deescelates as soon as I take my foot off the gas so to speak.

Attached: Adobe_20190810_215607.png (1037x2171, 1.27M)

Got groceries

This is what $214 USD buys.

Pasta is for wife and her pregnancy cravings.
Pancake is for breakfast tomorrow (got fresh maple syrup from Canada 2 days ago).

Watermelon for the citrulline as it is godtier for muscle recovery, vasodilation effects, and penis gainz.

Original name of watermelon is citrullus lantus from which citrulline was isolated.

Even today all of the components have not been isolated and watermelon taken with citrulline is more effective than just citrulline alone.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25517106/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27749691/

google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&ei=kI1PXdTjG4KAsQXO3L_IBw&q=citrulline nitric oxide

Attached: Adobe_20190810_223611.png (597x1631, 1.27M)

Rationale:

10 walking warmup is important to get blood and muscles saturated with oxygen not to mention general muscle warmup/loosen up. Heart rate was ~130-140 per treadmill sensor.

5 min additional walk because I was mostly buying time to type shit out

3 min max effort sprint. 3lb is really nothing....
Its the weight of a spear.
It's the weight of a sword+sheath.
It's the weight of a lightweight rifle (AR).

I want to get a 5min mile.
This means running 12mph for 5 min.

The only way I'll get there is cardio endurance and strength training.
I can probably run 3.5-4min without handweights.
If I can get to 10mph for 5 min straight, adding the extra 2mph shouldn't be too hard, just a slightly longer stride.
After this sprint. Heart rate was measured to be ~195bpm (was probably 200ish at maximum effort). Heart does/did not feel like its beating out of chest or uncontrollably. Stopped quite simply because body wasn't going to keep up with cardio demands and no sense in pushing it.
5 min walking recovery

1min - 10incline 10mph as more strength/stamina conditioning
5min cooldown walk (from run) yet still staying warmed up.
3.5 min walk with weights max incline
Stopped because muscle fatigue in upper back
~3min walk at 0 incline while in typed stuff out.

5min -3 incline walk with weights
Took ~5min to type shit out walking at 0 incline.

10min walk at 0 incline w/ weights
3min max incline walk w/ weights
7min 0 incline walk w/ weights.

That helmet looks fucking sick. For neck training? Where can I get one?