Z-press

Why don’t you guys do Z-press? >inb4 because virgin destiny does it.

Attached: A6420043-0357-40B4-99B1-835598811F64.jpg (620x349, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BjGBUeiAfHV/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For me its the sots press

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Cant sit with my legs straight. Other than that im pretty flexible but hamstrings nah.

Wat

Bump

retard

does it work as an acessory to the OHP for the first rep? I'm stuck at lmao1pl8 OHP at 69kg BW due to the first rep, it's hard as fuck to get it from a dead stop/no stretch reflex it's like the last rep with 0 in reserve. Meanwhile, 2nd and 3rd rep feel way easier

I do it while sitting indian style.

and the other reps are done with the same ROM as the first

Show us, how can you not sit like that?
Or at the very least draw it in paint

nigga whats not to understand

aaare you retarded? he can't sit with a vertical torso while maintaining straight legs on the ground

I need to see this

100% useless meme shit peddled by retards who probably saw someone else who actually knows what they're doing and thinks they'll magically because a super athlete like them.

Useless press

It's probably more the mobility in his shoulders than anything else. I had the same problem... Anything light I could keep above me because I was able to pull it backwards, but as soon as it got heavier I would always end up dropping it forward.

Btw: The sots-press is more something for Olympic weightlifting to practice balance in the catch position of the snatch. The Z-press is pretty based for training the OHP because it really forces you to do almost everything with your shoulders while stabilising your core.

Z-press alongside with facepulls and dips + mobility work got my OHP from 95kgs to 115kgs in about 3 months.

Training OHP twice a week, once heavy for triples and once for reps (4-6).

On the heavy days I did OHP, facepulls, dips and pull-ups. On the rep-day I did OHP, facepulls, Z-press and pull-ups.

What's the diference between this and the seated press?

Jow Forums either hangs from alpha faggots nuts or hes posting her shilling his video

Seated press = shoulders, but the way most people slide down as they get heavier it's more upper chest and front delts.

Sots-press: shoulders, mobility and stability for the catch-position of the snatch.

Z-press: pure shoulders and stability. Leaning either way to forward or to backwards and you'll miss the lift.

I don't Z press but 2 tips:
Unrack off pins. You will be a tad bit stronger not having to move with the bar.
Unrack it with the bar slightly off the clavicle, then allow your hands to drop to get a tiny bit of a "bounce" at the bottom. Alan Thrall recommends this

blaha please go

>Unrack it with the bar slightly off the clavicle, then allow your hands to drop to get a tiny bit of a "bounce" at the bottom. Alan Thrall recommends this

neat will try this
I was having my elbows a bit more in front of the shoulders and then doing a glute squeeze/thrust right before pushing up, kinda helped too

at that point it's a push press. I forgot the details but alan thrall says it was legal in some competitions to unrack it slightly higher than normal for this purpose

not a push press my legs and knees stay straight it just happens I squeeze my glutes agressively at the same time I push so I basically "xplode", took it from here:
instagram.com/p/BjGBUeiAfHV/