Is it better to go to failure or not?

Is it better to go to failure or not?

Attached: gf3.jpg (1080x1350, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6P2iGguD-g
youtube.com/watch?v=fV2M33Di0r4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It depends on your fitness goals and how often you lift.

I find I get stronger when I go to failure with lower volume. My CNS gets burnt out pretty bad though so I usually take an entire week off every 5-6 weeks

Always squat to failure. No safety rails

From the various fags I listen to on youtube:

>failure for powerlifting bad cause injuries
>failure for BB bad if not your final set, cause diminished time under tension for your upcoming sets
>according to Jeff: failure every set or you're a bitch

I go to fail on everything except bench and dl

Sticking to a proper routine will sometimes take you to failure which is fine. But going to failure every set will damage your muscles too much to properly recover if you want decent volume

I do 15, 12, 10, 8, 5 rep sets normally but when I hit a plateau I switch it up and train to failure

If you never experience failure then you're either a world class lifter with a very specific program or someone who isn't pushing himself hard enough

Always train to failure. Always.

A couple warm up sets and then go balls to the wall is the only way to train.

Attached: C681D4E2-977F-41F4-BE51-80147BDB76E0.jpg (609x363, 53K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_6P2iGguD-g

it literally depends

>can form breakdown from fatigue pose injury risk. yes - go till technique failure
>no go till your muscle is no longer able to complete rep, but even then use momentum to bring the weight up and control the negative as much as possible

checked

Attached: 1563525633058.jpg (700x400, 98K)

Depends on the lift.
Going to failure on curls, pullups, deadlifts=fine
Going to failure on squats/bench=no fine

>checked

for hypertrophy yes but not every set, for strength no unless testing or competing

If you train to failure, does that mean you only do 1 set with the same weight? Because if you fail on the first set, you have to decrease the weight to be able to do the 2nd set, right? Literally whats the point? If you use the same weight for consecutive sets "going to failure", you arent really going to failure, are you?

No dude. You can go to failure doing bicep curls with 15 pound dumbbells, rest for a minute and pick up 30 and do till failure (probably reaching at the 8th rep) and so on. Im doing this atm and to be honest I havent seen much growth yet, but it does leave me more tired than usual senpai

Attached: 9A64A15C-CBCF-4091-B52F-1E1001783184.jpg (1024x864, 99K)

if you rep more than 5, then yes

Based digits of truth and old skool muscle

Attached: WOKE.gif (450x450, 615K)

Going to failure on bench is fine, just have a spotter
Going to failure on squat is fine, have safeties set up properly and knownhow to dump the bar

who is this semen demon

Mostly not!

What you're actually going for is metabolic overload where it burns like Satan's piss. So it depends on if you're failing from already fatigued muscles that refuse to move or from a truly grueling effort that feels like hell.

She’s actually not a demon, she’s a pure

Jeff has a stricter definition of failure.

>did you mess up your tempo?
Failure
>Did your form waiver a little?
Failure
>is someone mogging you?
Failure
>Do you use Jow Forums?
Failure
>Did you shortcut your range of motion?
Failure

Basically every time you stop lifting you should have a better reason than 'I counted to a number.'

impressive

Attached: witnessed.png (920x391, 362K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fV2M33Di0r4

>every time you stop lifting you should have a better reason than 'I counted to a number.'
this might just propel me out of years of plateau and neetdom and being fugly overweight. Thank you.

If you get in the gym and plan on doing flat bench, then incline, then dumbbells, then cables, then spinning a pl8 like a steering wheel.. and you go to failure (non PR) and then superset on your first set of flat bench- you're retarded.

IME, if the next rep is going to make me use an inordinate amount of body english, I won't do it.

I do the same; I spend that entire week off 'training' myself mentally by doing lots of reading, writing, painting, etc