Daily reminder that farmed salmon is poison

daily reminder that farmed salmon is poison

the only farmed salmon thats edible is from chile, the norwegian stuff is the worst, do not buy from ska/eu/uk places where they grow this shit, the feed comes from the water russia dumbs its nuclear waste in (caspian sea)

all you retards thinking the farmed salmon is healthy and eat it feeling like a king are fucking retarded, you are eating absolute garbage, possibly the worst food that we consider "healthy"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaculture_of_salmonids#Pollution_and_contaminants

youtube.com/watch?v=RYYf8cLUV5E&

latest research has been showing too that its not about absolute omega 3 or 6 numbers, but the balance between the two is very important, things that reducue the balance actually increase your risk of heart disease (research omega 3 and 6 balance health articles from alst year). either way farmed salmon has a bad omega 3 to 6 balance unlike its wild counterparts "Since fish species vary with respect to their n-3 LC PUFA contents, eating a variety of fish is advisable. High n-6 PUFA containing pre-fried fish support the imbalance of n-3/n-6 ratio in the Western diet. Thus, consumption of pure fish fillets is to be favoured. The lower n-3 PUFA portion in farmed fish can be offset by the higher fat content, however, with an unfavourable FA distribution compared to wild fellows." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3543232/

you are not a king when you eat farmed salmon. you are a poor dumb pleb piece of shit who eats garbage. if you want to feel like a king, pay the price and source your salmon to naturally caught, buying the cheap garbage youre buying is not real salmon and its not even healthy

Attached: farmed-v-wild.png (300x200, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.2903/j.efsa.2012.2832
bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-48266480
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16323755
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14716013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16198332
uib.no/en/persons/Jérôme.Ruzzin
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3543232/
seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/consumer-guides
seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/groups/salmon?q=salmon&t=salmon&o=517
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dude why are you so angry

people are praising the farmed salmon like its some kind of kings food, that they have in their head this idea is extremely annoying, its like the fat people who say "healthy at every weight", theyre fucking deluded idiots

Attached: Image1.jpg (630x630, 46K)

Shut the fuck up you nigger

in your case i actually suggest eat a diet of as much farmed salmon as possible, sir

eat that poison you piece of shit

I don't eat salmon to begin with kek

ABSOLUTELY BASED AND REDPILLED
I've been telling this shit my family for years, and they still pay for this expensive abomination.

No you just eat cock formoney you meth head crack whore g4p fagget

lmao chill

people around me have significantly reduced salmon consumption, easily a dozen people

keep going champ but dont be too pressuring, be cool and casually drop the bits of info here and there

also wild caught salmon has 10x the flavour, so at double the price you still get a better cost for flavour balance, the flavour is worth it and a good selling point, there is almost no comparison between the wild and natural

Where did farmed salmon touch you, user?

That's like saying you shouldn't live in a city because of air pollution
No one cares

salmon gay

they put chemicals in our fish that turn the fricking dudebros gay!

How do pescetarians eat fish everyday with the imminent threat of mercury poisoning?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Idk if im spelling pescatarian right but i mean people who are basically vegetarians plus fish for meat and protein. How?

Attached: rvl09tt0s6231.jpg (1000x525, 107K)

avoiding mercury poisoning is pretty easy. simply dont eat too much fish with too much mercury.

in general most people who eat a lot of fish dont consume farmed stuff regularly, they usually buy caught white fish like cod and crap like that

salmon is like pleb tier

nobody gives a shit mate

One of the warnings John Titor had was that there's lots of people in the future suffering from prion diseases and that you should avoid anything that gets fed itself.
Titor doesn't have to be a time-traveler for this to be a reasonably sensible bit of advice.
eg.
It would not have been a bad idea to avoid British beef in the early 90s. I think I am actually disqualified from donating blood because I did that.
I believe most farmed salmon gets fed back to itself.

what about alaskan salmon I heard that stuffs pretty good

>t. shill
Farmed salmon from Norway is based, and is sought after the whole world over. The taste is on point(I eat Norwegian sushi grade salmon raw) and there is no reputable science against it. Fatty salmon is healthy and filled with micro nutrients. The "wild salmon" in your picture is propaganda, I bet you have never even caught a wild trout or salmon.

Attached: 1564085225251.png (640x1136, 1.11M)

Yeah i was doing some research and it looks like there are some fish you can eat at will, like salmon, shrimp, and sardines. Which i already love. Plus i would keep eating eggs/dairy, so i wouldn't have to worry about losing too much protein intake

I'm currently 1 month into my cut cycle, and i think i might try 2 weeks pescatarian just to see how it goes. Might do 6 days pesca, and then a steak on day 7... idk but i am considering giving it a go

>yeah ill have one filet o Fish sandwich.. a filet o FISH because its FISH and has less calories
>And a Small SMALL western bacon cheee, a Small western bacon cheee
>..fuck my ass what else..
>Alright cherries jubilee and thats it

if its wild caught its healthy

i buy my salmon from alaska usually and i live in belgium

keep eating that, its top tier food, one of the healthiest things you can eat!

theres a ton of reputable science against it, you just fell into their memes like an idiot

youre very stubborn if you dont open your eyes to evidence presented in front of you and easily found online as well

in the eu these things pass because the salmon growing places are so big and profitable theyre basically a maffia that bans politicians and disbars medical researchers if they can for proving their crap is poison

This is only with respect to mercury intake, which is by no means the only contaminant. When it comes to oily fish (i.e. salmon, herring, sardines) the problem is more with dioxin-like compounds.

you are the shill here lmao, maybe you should read some toxicology papers on this 'based' farmed salmon..

Attached: 1352228261925.png (1158x1064, 1.92M)

dont know if its in OPs video or not but farmed salmon is actually grey, not pink because of the shit they feed them. They have to dye the fish pink after processing. Shit is nasty.

the dioxins should be of no concern if the fish is naturally caught, farmed is a different story

eating too much of any specific fish from a specific source? spend some time looking up its potential downsides, simple, a bit of farmed salmon wont kill you, its doing it on the reg thats unhealthy

i have, thats how i found out its unhealthy.

have you?

I wouldn't say so. Looking at a not too old EFSA review, you find higher levels of DLCs in wild salmon and trout than in farmed. So there's no real assurance.

efsa.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.2903/j.efsa.2012.2832

New Zealand farmed salmon is better than any other wild salmon.
t. I get it from work for free

> do not buy from ska/eu/uk places where they grow this shit, the feed comes from the water russia dumbs its nuclear waste in (caspian sea)
> ska/eu/uk
> water comes from caspian sea

Dumb ignorant Ami you are

> european food safety authority

good sir i assure you that this research is not objective. they even upped the levels of what is considered "safe" just because the big salmon fisheries wanted them to do so.

> from the Baltic region

of course this region filled with fisheries spreading disease thats killing native population will be filthy ( bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-48266480 ), i dont buy from this region

can you find any evidence of areas not polluted with waste and sea lice and parasites of farmed salmon due to massive farming operations having higher levels of dioxins? because i have and i did, and you cherrypicked a very specific location from a very large globe

i appreciate that you are doing the research and do not consider you my enemy, lets figure this thing out together, do you respect the flaw i pointed out?

the feed comes from that water, penteho

its funny how you are too dumb to even understand the message i conveyed yet have criticism like this

please become more intelligent

Just the other day I bought wild Alaskan salmon for the first time I was amazed at the color. Most people grow up thinking left is salmons natural color

what? Don't reply to me you faggot, I'm agreeing with you

Attached: lettertoScooby.jpg (1090x477, 76K)

same with farmed shrimp or farmed anything, it's all poison

Pretty sure the fish on the left is steelhead trout not salmon
I've worked at meat processing and caught vs farmed is hard to distinguish unless held side by side

That's not salmon on the right you brainlet

disregarding eu salmon maffia research:

"Lipid-adjusted contaminant levels were significantly higher in farmed Atlantic salmon than those in wild Pacific salmon (F = 7.27, P = 0.0089 for toxaphene; F = 15.39, P = 0.0002 for dioxin; F > or = 21.31, P < 0.0001 for dieldrin and PCBs, with df = (1.64) for all). "

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16323755

"European-raised salmon have significantly greater contaminant loads than those raised in North and South America, indicating the need for further investigation into the sources of contamination. Risk analysis indicates that consumption of farmed Atlantic salmon may pose health risks that detract from the beneficial effects of fish consumption."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14716013

"The advisories are driven by the non-dioxin-like PCBs and pesticides and not by dioxins/furans and coplanar PCBs."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16198332

the thing is the conflicting information is very obvious. i cannot prove that the salmon maffia is buying researches and skewing it for their own benefit, you can find the story of one of the persons who claims this is true and has been banned from any research in the video i have linked in top comment

maybe i am wrong, but i trust outside researchers more than those that have an entire economy to thank for it

I understand that the results may be biased by pooling in samples sourced from the baltic, but it does mean that in the EU, your wild >> farmed rule, does not hold in general. Meaning as a consumer buying fish from the EU, you would be better off getting farmed to avoid DLC contamination.

I wonder still whether lower levels of contamination seen in other research is partially due to wild salmon being leaner.

what about salmonated trout?

>meat processing
>fish
your post glows, big fish shill

Well, it's far away from Russia for one.

Is canned pink salmon alright?

Shut the FUCK up with the schizo ramblings, you're the one claiming that pic related is "farmed salmon" when it's a totally different fish
You fucking buffoon you big idiot waste of oxygen you broken condom

Attached: steelhead trout fillet-750x750.jpg (750x750, 59K)

farmed has less mercury
that alone is reason enough to avoid it.
I love mercury.

based public service anouncement
idk if you linked it in your OP but i saw a documentary on the farmed salmon in scandinavia being the literal WORST most poisoned shit on earth

What about Tasmanian and NZ farmed salmon?

This pic is retarded. Salmon on the right is Sockeye salmon. Thats why it's that color you nigger. Farm raised salmon can look exactly like the salmon on the left.

t. chef

>salmon and trout
>totally different fish
positively shining in the dark

Attached: same lifet.jpg (3543x1463, 2.28M)

What a plot twist. This thread is hilarious.

Attached: B08ABB00-8834-43D5-9E5B-F636AF0F25A9.gif (498x277, 447K)

Not OP but yes it is salmon you faggot

Attached: sockeye-salmon-meat-1.jpg (500x330, 44K)

lmao at how low IQ that youtube is.
>slow motion cuts
>dramatic music
>ridiculous camera filters
not a single fucking lab test was conducted which would have cut the video down from 54 minutes to 54 seconds. Just do a simple extraction for the """"Toxins"""" of choice and run a GCMS or just take the fish straight up and do a Pyro-GCMS. Your "Toxins" Will show up easy on the latter..Yet suspiciously, not once were any of those obvious laboratory tests conducted. MAKES YOU THINK
>t. actual scientist man

you're a paid big fish shill, i know because i watched the document and your claim is objectively false.

lmao trying to just assert opinions with t. actual scientist man and expect people not to actually watch the doc

Link me to where they carried out a direct injection GCMS. TG-GCMS. TG-DSC, or Pryo-GCMS. All common run of the mill easy methods of identifying chemical compounds. i.e., "Toxins". I'll wait

pretty based but wild salmon is too expensive, 40e/kg compared to 25e/kg for farmed. I eat a lot of tuna and salmon for the om3/om6 ratio balance but shit gets real expensive real fast when you eat 500g of animal protein per day.

I'll wait you to point out what you think was wrong with the scene in the doc and your proofs why.

I pointed out exactly what is wrong with the document. You then retorted with that not being true; thus it's clear you're either (1) Trolling, (2) intentionally diverting. (3) Insane. (4) Lying.

Here it is again:
>ust do a simple extraction for the """"Toxins"""" of choice and run a GCMS or just take the fish straight up and do a Pyro-GCMS. Your "Toxins" Will show up easy on the latter..Yet suspiciously, not once were any of those obvious laboratory tests conducted. MAKES YOU THINK

>ink me to where they carried out a direct injection GCMS. TG-GCMS. TG-DSC, or Pryo-GCMS. All common run of the mill easy methods of identifying chemical compounds. i.e., "Toxins". I'll wait

Afterall, you did watch the document right. So it should be trivial for you to destroy me by pointing out where they ran these routine lab tests and got conclusive results right. Trivial.

Unless...................

maybe you want to inform university of bergen they have a fake researcher?
uib.no/en/persons/Jérôme.Ruzzin

it's clear you're a shill. if you had watched the doc, you'd know exactly that there's a real researcher doing real test, you paid troll

Link. In the document. Where a single GCSM/Pyro-GCMS/TG-DSC was carried out to verify the claims made in the document.
So no link. Cool. Thanks for proving the point. Anyone read this. OP just admitted he was full of shit

Look at this retard and laugh.
Jesus you trolls are pathetic.

He has a single paper written on the possibility that ingesting huge quantities of actually toxic farmed salmon (not the farmed salmon posted in the documentary) can result in obesity in mice.
So personal attacks is the best you can manage. Ok. Cool. Keep it up. Hiding your thread. Anyone who reads this far down with an IQ over room temp will see you for the low-tier bait you are.

>You fucking buffoon you big idiot waste of oxygen you broken condom
s-stop with the personal attacks oy vey, what did i ever do to you!
you always reveal yourselfs its not even funny

based schizo fish poster

Keep eating shitty food, it makes no different to us

you niggers

Attached: 2ptdmh.jpg (640x352, 88K)

tutututututuututut

LMAO this is tuna on the right you was tricked by tuna jewish companies he he

Attached: 5966F85A-1AD6-4AC0-AD41-32D49BDAE066.png (645x729, 128K)

Big brain scientist thinks absence of evidence is evidence of absence, keep eating shit

Is it true that they feed farmed salmon color pellets otherwise their meat would be gray?

Attached: 1505261421695.png (900x900, 21K)

Yes. Free salmon eats shrills and algea that males their meat red, like pink flamingoes

Where do you get your salmon for free?

>latest research has been showing too that its not about absolute omega 3 or 6 numbers, but the balance between the two is very important, things that reducue the balance actually increase your risk of heart disease (research omega 3 and 6 balance health articles from alst year). either way farmed salmon has a bad omega 3 to 6 balance unlike its wild counterparts "Since fish species vary with respect to their n-3 LC PUFA contents, eating a variety of fish is advisable. High n-6 PUFA containing pre-fried fish support the imbalance of n-3/n-6 ratio in the Western diet. Thus, consumption of pure fish fillets is to be favoured. The lower n-3 PUFA portion in farmed fish can be offset by the higher fat content, however, with an unfavourable FA distribution compared to wild fellows." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3543232/
This is a diversion, the important part is your total PUFA intake, which should be as close to zero as humanly possible, meaning that fatty fish is entirely off the table. Luckily this means you won't really have to worry much about environmental pollutants either, as they are largely contained within the fat tissues and not the flesh.

you are retarded. the reason for norwegian salmon's colour is what its fed. in norway we feed the fish onions, corn and medicine. In the wild salmo eats wish in the ocean before it migrates back to the rivers.
the feed it gets in the pens consist of fishoil, fishflour, vedgetable protein and oil.
Norwegian farmed salmon actually has less poison such as dioxin, PCB and other toxins says Anne-Katrine Lundebye senior researcher at the National Institute for Nutrition and Seafood Research

fuck of retard

just look for your local free salmon stand

>the only farmed salmon thats edible is from chile

I try to only buy salmon from Chile. We need to give the Eastern Pacific fishery a break for a decade so the wild population can recover.

Well he's very right

Youtube was on auto-play, I dozed off and when I woke up it was playing a documentary about a lady who went around salmon farms / grocery stores picking up salmon samples to test them for certain kinds of disease,and pretty much every store bought salmon was POZZED

Why is that video being pushed?

>eating anything from the sea in the first place
Fucking disgusting, everything from the sea literally smells so fucking rotten and disgusting, looks disgusting and terrifying (angler fish like wtf is that??!!) Leave those fucking shits in the ocean and dont put it in your mouth.

Thats two different species of salmon

Bear wrestling

>shrimps and algae are trivial to farm
>gotta give salmons a feed consisting of ground down waste to save a few pennies
t. Shekelberg

here's a seafood consumer guide from the experts is anyone is interested, they do an app too:

seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/consumer-guides

>tfw brazilian so all the tuna i've ever eaten has been from chile

Attached: 1565438186916-int.jpg (867x685, 96K)

here's their salmon guide specifically:
seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations/groups/salmon?q=salmon&t=salmon&o=517

if they only fed the salmon what they naturally eat they would not make money on their investment

it took them 20 years to find a way to make food so cheap and salmon still survive for it to work profitably, tens of millions went into research for this to happen. they are doing the same to tuna now, so enjoy while it lasts, because before you know it the garbage feed theyll give it which is made as cheap as possible will also make the tuna shitty and toxic

Enjoy your mercury

Derp, buy from whole foods, they set strict mandates on the condition and Omega-3 content of farm-raised fish

Post body

This is why I only eat tuna and only if it comes in the form of a spicy tuna sushi roll
All other fish is trash

This. I'd reply but he was mean so no.

the documentary is outdated, the issues it represents has been fixed for a long time

This thread is fucking pathetic.

If you can't handle the miniscule amount of toxins in farmed salmon you're probably a low test faggot with a compromised immune system. Nothing is pure

>and there is no reputable science against it
But there is. These companies look at salmon like oil, they are making billions of it yearly. They have hired shit ton of people to do PR for them and influence people's perception on farmed salmon that its healthy and then use some very dirty methods to shut down people that are critical of them.

Atlantic mackerel master race