Thoughts on this heavily bastardised texas method?

thoughts on this heavily bastardised texas method?

A
Squat 5x5 (90%)
Bench 1x5
Press 5x5 (90%)
Power clean 5x3

B
Squat 1x5
Press 1x5
Bench 5x5 (90%)
Deadlift 1x5

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

i’m late novice/early intermediate so i’m thinking i could probably do TM without the recovery day.

Attached: Mark-Rippetoe-17-0331.jpg (180x180, 15K)

>5x5 at 90% 1RM
>no recovery day

Have fun grinding yourself to dust

It would be extremely painful

Why?

Classic mistake of starting too heavy. You'll be done in 2 weeks. Why make your own program when you're an early intermediate, you know shit. Google TM on lift vault and follow the routine.

nah, your sessions will take ages and grind you down, plus you’ll never do any accessory work because you’ll be fucked after doing all those heavy fives
recovery day is important for TM also. the whole point of TM is that you’re moving enough weight on monday that you’re not fully recovered by wednesday, so doing your volume squats on monday then going for a PR on wednesday will fail pretty soon

An intermediate can't make multiple PRs in a week

Like others have said, this is just going to grind you into dust. 3-day TM is bad enough for that already, but this just makes it worse. If you have to do TM do the 4-day version, otherwise look up some of the programs in /plg/ if powerlifting is your goal, and if powerlifting isn't your goal then why would you even look at something like TM.

You need a recovery day, otherwise not bad.

>i’m late novice/early intermediate so i’m thinking i could probably do TM without the recovery day.
Lol no
Do it the normal way and it will still kick your ass

4u

rate my bastardised TM Jow Forums
first set of volume days is roughly equivalent effort to the sets of 5 (so for example if I’m doing 5s at 85kg, I’ll do a 4 at 87.5kg, a triple at 90kg, a double at 95kg, or a single at 100kg)
on intensity day I vary the rep PR I’m going for instead of just 5s too

T
Volume squat 1x1-5, 4x5
Volume bench 1x1-5, 4x5
Chins 5 sets
GHR 3x15
Unilateral step ups 3x10 (trying to fix lateral hip shift in squat)

W
Volume deadlift 1x1-5, 2x5
Volume press 1x1-5, 4x5
Cable row 3x10
Dips 5 sets

T
cardio/off

F
Light high bar squat/front squat 3x5
Light bench 3x5
Chins 3 sets
GHR 3x15
Unilateral step ups 3x10

S
cardio/off

S
Intensity squat/deadlift, 1x1-5 (PR)
Intensity bench/press 1x1-5 (PR)
Power clean/power snatch 5x3
Arm work

M
off

why

It’ll make him a big guy

you don't understand the point of tm
at all

tm is:
apply training stress during volume day
then sit on your ass for 3 days
then test yourself during intensity
then sit on your ass for 2 days
then go back to 1

your shit is utterly pointless and you don't need to train a muscle more than once a week when not on ss anymore in fact it's counterproductive

this is ok
rows are useless in this scenario imo but whatever
dips should be viewed as tricep iso, i'd do them on tuesday but whatever

i'd also do your sets with 5-12 reps in a reverse pyramid fashion ie

set 1: 5rm attempt
set 2: drop 5% or 5lbs or 10lbs or whatever, rm attempt
set 3: drop 5% more, rm attempt

when you hit 12 reps on a set increase weight

or just increase reps to like 8-12 and drop weight, 5 is a meme for strength

You think doing a new 5RM doesn't count as a training stress?

i know it's not much of a training stress
it's very easy to recover from (unless it's deadlifts then enjoy your tendonitis)
and outside of novice progression it won't drive progress as much as high volume stuff

>i know it's not much of a training stress
Now I know you haven't done the Texas Method and/or lifted any serious weight

lel
i was grinding ss until 4 plate squat and did tm just fine
do yourself a favor, do a 5rm - to failure - of squats or deads - have a good sleep and a lot of carbs - come back to the gym the next day and go for a 5rm again
i guarantee you will be able to hit 4-6 reps with same weight, depending on how "peaked" you are
i also guarantee you are holding yourself back mentally
do you believe 4 plate bench 300kg squat 3 plate ohp for reps is impossible natty or takes someone with top tier genetics to accomplish?

Try it out and see if it works for you. The guys in here saying
>NOOOOO YOU CANT DO IT BRO ITS TOO HARD IMPOSSIBLE
are sub 450 wilks lifters and shouldn’t be giving out even a hint of advice.

>i was grinding ss until 4 plate squat and did tm just fine
Okay fatass, either that or you're a genetic freak and should start competing already (if the latter then mirin)
Post squat btw

I squat 200+kg at 90kg bodyweight, I'm not weak or holding myself back. Just realistic, TM is a very stressful program. Most people can't manage it.

I'm 100kg 185cm, I do have a gut but not yet in fatass territory
TM is stressful but not because of a single 5rm set on Friday. It's literally just a test set and maybe a neural adaptation set. All the work is done on Monday.

There is no reason to be constantly grinding away on the same lift week after week, unless you're planning on being a powerlifter.
Even then, you would benefit more from including high volume hypertrophy work.

Thicc boi, nice work
5RM on Friday isn't a test, both Mon and Fri produce stress and adaptation especially when the 5RM is very heavy.
Neither Mon and Fri are sustainable in the long run, so the offset becomes larger than 90% or you cycle 5RM, 3RM, Doubles, Five Singles

For training purposes it's not a stress that your muscles have to recover from
I think that starts from 2-3 sets to failure
I know what Friday does but I'm not going to say because plg called me retarded when I tried to share my knowledge and I guess you go there too

I don't go to PLG, too many trip fags
I think Friday became a limiting factor for me, but it may be because the sleeves on the barbells don't rotate at my gym making everything feel much heavier

Friday can't be a limiting factor.
Muscle is built from mrni and hormones, mrni is created with lots of volume (proportional to free creatine), hormones from heavy sets to failure on exercises where a lot of muscle mass is involved. A workout with a ton of volume (15 sets) can create enough mrni for two weeks growth. Hormones only stay in the cell for a couple of days.
TM works nicely with this.
volume day = mrni and hormones
recovery day = ???? nothing useful
intensity day = hormones

recovery wise muscles get damaged when hydrogen ions accumulate to excess, that happens only from volume combined with insufficient rest. a muscle group should rest for ~10 minutes, preferably rest should include walking at a 100-100 bpm heartrate since that shuttles hydrogen ions from muscle into bloodstream and into mitochondria-rich slow-twitch leg muscles that utilize hydrogen ions efficiently
5rm does not create that many hydrogen ions and does not create significant mrna

irna? mrna? messaging rna I think it's called in english

Can anyone confirm this?

Attached: kd8iptas8zx21.jpg (768x768, 71K)

i got it from russian studies
prosportlab.ru
hormones from heavy squats is what rip said all along
they fall to normal levels fast in the blood but only because they move from blood to muscle cells
messaging rna and free creatine idk if you can find about it
hydrogen ions cause lysosomes to destroy the cell google it

Okay so what I'm perceiving as Fridays being the problem is just cumulative fatigue from Monday?