Does anybody else feel trap bar deadlifts more in their quads than their hams/glutes?

It feels much more like a hack squat than a deadlift

Attached: TrapBarSquat.jpg (240x319, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
strongerbyscience.com/squats-adductors/
strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/
strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-group-for-the-squat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trap bar
Yep you’re fucking gay

Studies have shown the trap bar is a superior lift to conventional.
The only reason to conventional deadlift is if you're a powerlifter.

>makes nonsensical claim and says there are studies to back it up
>doesn’t cite the studies
Post body

Isn't the trap bar more like a squat? Seems like way less work for the back than conventional.

Post Google search

> Studies have shown
possibly the faggiest phrase in the entire English language, so specific and scientific I see.
Btw, superior in what way?
The bar being in front of you in a traditional deadlift means it will inherently place a greater load just due to the leverage of the movement on your spinal erectors, hamstrings, and glutes to a lesser extent than those then a bar loaded evenly with your center of gravity, making it a better lift for developing those muscles than a trap bar deadlift/squat.

I have shit form and never really someone to spot me when I deadlift so I use a trap bar. It makes me feel gay, but it's better than killing myself I guess.

With the high grip it really feels like its just some squat with very little back. The low grip though now that shit felt like proper deadlift with the added bonus of great form. It just feels like I have to do some really stupid shit to fuck up my form and snap my shit. While there may still be difference in what muscles work more I'll take safety any day of the week. This wednesday gonna be my fourth trapbar work and my second low handles.

Attached: 1358774926141.jpg (902x713, 82K)

In this case, "studies have shown" refers to every study conducted on the matter in existence.

Well yeah, it's more upright

Wtf you don't spot deadlift nigga

High grip = Rack pulls, newfriend.

Sorry, I'm retarded with words. I mean I don't have anyone to help me with form, but I try to keep in line with videos from the internet. I just mess up with bad habits sometimes. I'm sorry I'm so retarded.

pro tip: If you have a trap bar with high handles you can flip it over and use the flush handles.

ngmi

Never did below the knee rack pulls and high grip felt like a fucking squat with all the work quads do so I can guess why people give trap bars bad rep.

The trap bar “deadlift” is basically the barbell version of a farmer squat. It’s better than a back squat because you get the added benefit of holding it like a wide grip deadlift which targets your traps, forearms, lats, and pecs as well as your legs. Just don’t call it a deadlift, because it’s not. The deadlift is a stupid and dangerous exercise anyway.

Attached: D8F33DDC-2484-40BA-A3E5-196EA47C2E29.jpg (720x707, 66K)

>The bar being in front of you in a traditional deadlift means it will inherently place a greater load just due to the leverage of the movement on your spinal erectors, hamstrings, and glutes to a lesser extent than those then a bar loaded evenly with your center of gravity, making it a better lift for developing those muscles than a trap bar deadlift/squat.
The obvious solution is to put more weight on the trap bar. Congrats, now you have the same/more load on the posterior chain, with less shear force on the spine.
You can also use accessory work like glute ham raises or reverse hypers if you want to safely target that area.

Stop being sorry, get swole and work on your confidence son

> The obvious solution is to put more weight on the trap bar. Congrats, now you have the same/more load on the posterior chain
Except that isn't even really how it works, that's like saying by putting more weight on the bar during a squat you are 'loading' the hamstrings more but that doesn't even work like that since they are just stabilizers during the movement that don't change length much.
Just because you load up a barbell heavy during a hack squat for example doesn't mean you are going to hit your hamstrings anywhere close to as hard as you would doing RDLs or stiff leg deadlifts even with much less weight.
Also a trap bar allows you to do the reps without ensuring you straighten your back out.

>Except that isn't even really how it works, that's like saying by putting more weight on the bar during a squat you are 'loading' the hamstrings more but that doesn't even work like that since they are just stabilizers during the movement that don't change length much.
>Just because you load up a barbell heavy during a hack squat for example doesn't mean you are going to hit your hamstrings anywhere close to as hard as you would doing RDLs or stiff leg deadlifts even with much less weight.
More weight, even with a shorter ROM, is going to lead to more gains. People gain muscle from doing rack pulls.
>Also a trap bar allows you to do the reps without ensuring you straighten your back out
So don't do that lol

> More weight, even with a shorter ROM, is going to lead to more gains. People gain muscle from doing rack pulls.
Except I never even said anything related to ROM, and you are proving my point in a way, since rack pulls are terrific muscle builders, by having the weight loaded in front of you the leverage really hits the spinal erectors and traps and puts a ton of tension on them, something a trap bar deadlift doesn't really do to the posterior chain very well.
If something isn't lengthening or shortening through some range of motion, or isometrically contracting heavily through one very hard to resist movement like the abdominals during certain movements or the traps during a deadlift, then that muscle won't see much gains from the movement.
Which is the primary reason why squats don't build hamstrings very well.

>by having the weight loaded in front of you the leverage really hits the spinal erectors
This is offest by the fact that you're not bent over, and the muscles don't lengthen throughout the movement. There is barely any tension on the spinal erectors, which is why you can lift 1000lbs.
>If something isn't lengthening or shortening through some range of motion, or isometrically contracting heavily through one very hard to resist movement like the abdominals during certain movements or the traps during a deadlift, then that muscle won't see much gains from the movement.
Lengthening throughout a movement = ROM
>Which is the primary reason why squats don't build hamstrings very well.
There is no evidence of this.

You are right. Thanks for the corrections.

cope

Is this specimen really fixin' to deficit 135? Hot damn. Video or it didnt happen.

LOOOOOL REMINDER THAT TRAP BAR IS CHEATING BECAUSE THE WEIGHT IS DIRECTLY OVER CENTER OF GRAVITY
strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

> There is no evidence of this.
There is plenty of evidence that squats don't build the hamstrings.
strongerbyscience.com/squats-adductors/
strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-for-squat-2-0/
strongerbyscience.com/hamstrings-the-most-overrated-muscle-group-for-the-squat/

Attached: SquatsMuscleGroupHypertrophy.png (1147x583, 14K)

yeah squats don't do shit for hamstrings unless you're doing single leg squat with your leg far forward.
atg and stance width make no appreciable difference
trap bar deadlift on the other hand is a great whole leg workout. hip thrusts too.

>trap bar hip thrusts
u wot m9

this may be hwhy

Attached: images.png (675x218, 8K)

No, it’s because the weight is directly over your center of gravity like in the squat. The sumo and conventional deadlift will always have the bar right in front of your center of gravity, therefore being less efficient and less advantageous.