Jow Forums bachelor pad items thread

Jow Forums bachelor pad items thread

What are some home essentials for your Jow Forums lifestyle? What is your goal living space?

Examples to discuss ITT:
>blackout curtains for sleep gains
>instapot for nutritional cooking gains
>houseplants for mood gains
>cool stuff for attraction gains

Attached: loft-bedroom-design18.jpg (500x588, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/exL51n3py6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love mezzanines

The only Jow Forums essentials:

>A blanket
>A spear
>A pot for cooking/eating

An altar to the gods for spiritual gains

don't forget the bow and sling, user

Bows are for faggots. Real men use longswords

Excited for this thread. My (ex) gf just moved out so I'm going through an apartment Renaissance right now.

A goal of mine has been to have an amazing place to host get-togethers with friends and to have a place so overwhelmingly cool it would be impossible to not close the deal with sluts I bring back.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 65'' OLED TV.

Attached: 1554997517_1461478[1].jpg (2500x2500, 942K)

Cookware, vidya, a towel, altar dedicated to scoops

L couch and a fucking LA-Z-BOY
Dont @ me.

Also, scented candles. floral for spring, fruity/citrus for summer, pumpkin, wood/spice for fall, and cookies/pine for winter.

>not being well-rounded with all types of weapons
>ishygddt

In all honesty, I do want a longsword, just not sure how to get one around here (Wyoming)

I did this, then one of my friends bought a house so we just chill over there anyway pisses me off

Hobby stuff doubles as decorations. I also have a girly kitchen with kiss the cook apron and like farmy animal themed stuff.

My bathroom is maritime themed with a secret pirate alcove thing in the closet.

The layout is interesting, but the style feels too modern for my taste.

Attached: ec52175368a2c2fe437a1801dd25e905.jpg (1800x1200, 600K)

La-z-boys are awful garbage that are extremely overpriced. Also, they mostly have the 'boomer' aesthetic.

youtu.be/exL51n3py6g

Are any of these ESSENTIALS? No. But it's shit I fucking like.

>Zojirushi rice cooker with steel cut oats setting so you just throw in oats and water, set the clock and it'll turn on so oats finish right when you wake up
>Electric kettle for tea and shit
>Leave in meat thermometer with temperature alarm to make great baked salmon or perfect rare steak
>Reverse osmosis system to remove Jew chemicals from water
>Amazon Echo to listen to Rocky montages in the shower and send my shitting noises to Jeff Bezos
>Wine fridge to chill green tea just a little but not too much so I can chug on an empty stomach in the morning to maximize egcg absorption
>Blackout curtains
>Mason jars with sprout lids placed on a dish drainer tray to grow fresh broccoli sprouts and harvest for sulforaphane gains
>Barcelona chair and other general aesthetic with a nod to American Psycho
>Marie Kondoed my shit otherwise so it's nice looking.

why would you let appearances and aesthetics keep you from being comfy as shit?

homegym for maximum gains by working out naked

bonus points for winking at the monkey suits on the building over DEFINETLY mirim my naked atg squat

The way around that is to get more friends from different social circles.

In this scenario, you're the lynch pin that is combining multiple social circles and so it's only logical to hang out at your place. Another good way is to host regular, periodic "events" at your place, like a weekly/monthly movie night or board game night. Invite a mix of people and change up who you are inviting as well.

Don't let your friends monopolize hosting ability. I'm serious. You don't have to fight them like manchildren and can still chill at their place but you do need to be aware that while being the host has it's downsides, it also gives you the power to shape your social life the way you want.

how do I even into my own place if I'm a student. even then, having your own place is expensive as fuck

am i just going to have to have roommates for the rest of my life fuck

Lazyboy is cheap garbage and will degrade over time, becoming the opposite of 'comfy as shit'. Most of the cushioning is absolute trash that it literally manufactured to feel as soft as possible only when you buy it.

I'm telling you this to help you, man. Lazyboy is ugly for 90% of their furniture AND the underlying qualities are crap. You have so many better options when it comes to furniture. The prices you pay for Lazyboy are mostly marketing markup.

Wow now this is DEEP

get a non meme degree, RENT a cheap place and invest your money wisely saving as much as possible for 3-5 years. By then you'll be able to pay your rent with ONLY the monthly investment gains, maybe rent an even better place (i did, right by work so i can walk to it and save gas/public transport money), allowing you to save even more

Once/if you settle down with someone and feel like you are ready to settle, then you can research and make an informed decision about buying a place while putting a HUGE down payment, reducing as much as possible the interest you'll have to pay over time and making it that much cheaper

Another advantage of renting is that if you get foreign job offers it'll be much easier to move, if that's your thing

Attached: glassesfrog.jpg (655x527, 59K)

>investing

why does everybody have to be and enterpreneur or do financial jewery to live comfortably nowadays

I just want to have a secure job I like and am good at and make enough to live with dignity fuck

>then you can research and make an informed decision about buying a place while putting a HUGE down payment, reducing as much as possible the interest you'll have to pay over time and making it that much cheaper
Retard cuck-tier advice. Put minimal down, after 5 years refinance and use the equity to buy another property. Rinse and repeat in 15 years you'll have 3 properties and two will be cash flowing. Sell the 2nd one you bought and now you can use that cash to pay off your principle residence's mortgage entirely and you have another property that is still paying for itself through rental income. Or you can continue to just refinance and buy more rental properties.

The goddamn bank will give you 5x leverage to buy property that both pays for itself, and increases in value. A mere 5% increase in property value is a 25% increase in your investment. Who gives a fuck about 3% interest when you are making 25% per year PLUS rental income.

>no zyzz shrine in the middle of the room
ngmi

The biggest issue for me is the discrepancy between "goal living space" and "living space for right now". Having all of my wants would be expensive, but at least to start:

> Home itself
On 5-10 acres of land, modeled after the Villa Savoye in Poissy, France (but more modernized. In short, the ground floor would be a workspace, the second floor would be a living area, the roof would be a garden/viewing area. In a perfect world the property would border a small river.
> Homegym
Rogue RML-490C Power Rack with safeties, Ohio/Texas/Oly bar, Calibrated Steel Plates, Hammer Strength bench, Plate-Loaded Iso-Lateral Front Lat Pulldown. One wall has a large window, another wall has a large mirror. Decent stereo system.
> Kitchen
In terms of "tools" and ignoring the standard oven/fridge/etc, all you really need is a good chef's knife and cutting board. There are so many fucking gizmos and gadgets that just take skill with a knife to replicate. Just get good at it.
> Library
Huge shelf/wall of books, a firm chair with an ottoman for reading in. I'm not an audiophile, but if I was inclined I'd get a vinyl setup in here (Pro-ject UTurn as a starter table, potentially). Large desk for writing/reading email/etc. Stylistically it might be modeled after the Explorer's Club with scientific instruments and insect collections, etc. I'll probably never have a "personal museum", but I'd try to make this room that.
> Bedroom
Very low bedframe (basically on the floor) with a thick juicy mattress. 3-4 pillows, a nightstand and lamp for reading. Keep it simple, not necessarily the Japanese aesthetic but the only real goal for this room is sleeping so in term of usability it doesn't need a ton of bells and whistles.
> Garage / Warehouse
Honestly just a massive concrete room with a long desk. Enough space so that I can experiment with hobbies as needed. For example if I wanted to get into pottery I'd have space for a wheel, a kiln, rack to keep them, etc. Just a large workspace.

Attached: 2v3yfQg.jpg (1472x982, 1.29M)

you are what's wrong with the world

>creating another house market bubble

history truly teaches us nothing

money devaluates over time, and interest is the biggest force in the world

adapt or die user

Using debt to build wealth is one of the most basic ways to actually make it. 4 out of 5 millionaires made their first million through real estate.
The housing bubble was cause by sub-prime mortgages given to people (blacks) that could never afford them and had no job stability, often at interest only payments for the first year, which were then compounded into real estate equity funds that then collapsed in value as every black person in Detroit defaulted on their mortgage payments. NOTHING to do with buying rentals at 80% LTV.

yeah millionaires are all kikes

Yes so are you going to continue being poor and stupid while every yid teaches their children about compound interest and leveraging equity? There's a reason they teach this at the synagogue and not at public schools. I for one want the resources to raise 8-12 children with my wife never having to work another day in her life. Do you want to keep paying rent, single and childless?

Based

Hey user, is there anywhere I can learn more about this stuff? My Dad worked hard all his life but never got into houses, guess he was just never told about it.

Starting my full time job soon and im going to be making some real money for the first time in my life (£65,000), dont want to waste what I get.

I have honestly told you about all you need to know. I do not know where you are from or what the market is like, but research and find out where the real estate market makes an average of around 5% increase in value per year, and has a low vacancy rate for renters. Where I live, RE value is predicted to average 4.59% from now until 2040, and vacancy rate has been under 1% for a decade.

I was able to put 5% down on anything under 500k, and that's what I did. 5 years later that 25k investment leaves me with a 400k mortgage and a 600k property value. I collect 1900 in rent (downstairs suite + roommate) and the mortgage costs 2400/month. That is a gross ROI of 800% in 5 years. I am able to refinance up to 80% of the house value, so up to 480k. That means I can take 80k out, and use 70k to put 20% down on a 350k condo, and use the remainder of the 10k (minus closing costs) to do some minor renovations (think paint, cabinets, etc). If I put 25% down and take 10k of cash I have saved instead I can get 80% of the assessed rental income added to my mortgage application, given rent for such a condo would be 1800/month, 80%of that (1400) would cover the cost of the mortgage (~1450). Add strata fees and property management fees (200+150) and you are breaking even. In 5 years you will have 130k from that property, in 15 years 770k.

Does anyone have any good blackout curtain recommendations?

>few classical paintings of naked/semi-naked ripped men, no homo cause it's art and bitches love art
>subtle led strip lighting with a wi fi controller so you can change the colors and shit when you bring a qt home
>a nano reef tank with a few clownfish so you can impress zoomer chicks
>scooby portrait on bedside stand
>WiFi controlled blender that mixes your protein shake before you get out of bed.

>Open concept kitchen for entertaining
I like having friends over for dinner but everyone ends up hanging out in the kitchen while I cook, which is less social than I'd like
>Home office
So I don't have my laptops and papers smeared all over the dining room table
>entertainment room
with VR station, maybe a small lan party station against the wall. Some kind of non electronic games area with shuffle board or a nice chess table

Indoor plants are absolutely based.

Your place is not a home until you have a touch of nature. Plants are our bros.

Attached: 3e1c72d4369cdab22cf5d22987fd9581[1].png (800x1452, 944K)

>Sauna
>East-facing windows
>Barbell, plates, rack with bench
>Loving partner

Monstera variegata and orchids for girl-gains

>Monstera variegata

Pretty

Attached: a6a8c9bb32d85afec031905ef467dad9[1].jpg (912x1111, 168K)

Always have an extra, unused toothbrush on hand for females that spend a spontaneous night

Chair like pic related would be in my hypothetical living space

Attached: bergen_250_detail.jpg (800x600, 135K)

...what, to hunt deer? I mean, youd look pretty macho, but it's stupid

I've had a lot of fun working part time as a bartender and i do enjoy drinking, so i would love to have one of these. I drink in extreme moderation tho so it doesn't affect my gains, but mixing cocktails is fun

Also my guilty beta desire would be to have the DMC neon sign up there

Attached: home-bar-lighting.jpg (600x495, 56K)

because we've set up a global system where the amount of power and resources you receive is equal to what you are able to give back. If you decide (or are unable, though few are genuinely unable) to not participate we strip you of resources until you are forced back into the game. Money isn't a store of value is a mechanism of utility. It will reward risky and productive behaviour.

This entire thread has nothing whatsoever to do with fitness.

The safest forms of investing dont require any entrepreneurship at all. Literally just automate a payment from your bank account into a diversified fund each payday. Living a comfy life means not living in fear of upsetting Mr Noseberg and losing your job, or one car crash or illness meaning financial ruin, and for that you need to build personal wealth. The stock market is a MUCH better store of wealth than cash in almost all circumstances. No need to over complicate things or spend all day reading charts.

I like the cut of your jib, user. I wish you luck.

Blow it out your ass, you whiney little pedant. Besides, plenty of people have mentioned home gyms.

Imagine being this guy combing every thread trying to find off topic posts to complain about.

No one cares dude,

Autistic as fuck

I like this a lot. I also worked as a bartender, although full time, for many years.
>obligatory home gym
I currently have a single car garage with my home gym in it. Would like at the least a nice double car garage. Contemplating building my next house to be able build an indoor gym that's properly ventilated, but everyone I've talked to regretting building their house

>Zojirushi rice cooker
Nice, the Lamborghini of rice cookers

>meat thermometer.
You shouldn’t need one just learn how to tell doneness from the texture and squishyness of the steak/salmon

>not an altar to the God of gods

Lmao’ing at you pagans and your fake and gay gods

I think you made an assumption that I want financial advice from a guy online in a Filipino rice-cutting forum who thinks body dysmorphia is okay

>he said as he posted on his iPhone while sipping cum from his 3rd Starbucks venti cup of the day

Why do they regret?

you absolutely need to have a some tatami mats with a roll-away shikibuton. It's good for the back, it's cozy, it doesn't make annoying noises when you fuck on your bed, and you can use the tatami mats for doing yoga and sit ups and stuff comfortably.

Attached: FDTatamiMatVign_grande.jpg (550x450, 30K)

>>blackout curtains for sleep gains
Wish I understood sleep hygiene earlier in life. Once I started taking it seriously, almost everything got better.

same dude. It's amazing. It's literally the foundation of everything else.
Only since I started fixing my sleep hygiene have I realized that all my obsessive snacking/overeating was just due to hunger hormones from tiredness. I'm literally never hungry now unless I have to skip sleep for some practical reason.

r8 my living room

Goals: healthy plants, newer monitor for my computer, comfier couch

Attached: 43AC5038-AE41-4AEE-881D-B3579A38CD29.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

music major/10
Your living room looks exactly like every art or music major's bedroom

I was a CS major in college, glad to hear it doesn’t show in my aesthetic choices. the mechanical keyboard with no letters on the keys is a giveaway imo

yea, your keyboard was suspicious cause i never seen a music major that had any fancy tech stuff. The no grinder and bong was also suspicious. But your place looks like someone who majored in music theory or something

>itt maximum poor person fantasy cringe dreamscapes

Some people say the rich are insufferable... nah the poor people are hahahhahahaha

No woman is fucking you on that ROFL

this. if I saw this room, and then had to meet them, I'd assume they're going to be extremely pretentious with an overbearing "bubbly" personality

Dude great post

Because between the effort, cost, and time - it would have been a better deal to just buy something similar.

literally half the world sleeps on the floor.
In my experience, it's more comfy for sex cause it doesn't fucking rock and shake all annoyingly like beds do.
You're probably just a fat burger who needs an extra soft mattress to support all his folds.

Literally half the world throws their garbage in the closest river. Bad argument. You can also have a ground level bed that doesn't look like you're an addict in recovery. Either way, being that close to the ground makes you that much closer to dust and dirt. Don't sleep like a poor person, girls will notice.

Attached: ground-level-bed-frames1200-x-820.jpg (1200x820, 534K)

Yeah let me keep opening the fucking oven and pulling salmon out from time to time and guess if it's done or not, cutting into it then putting it back into the now not-as-hot oven, only to pull it out again when it's overcooked like a cuck.

Or do the Chad move, stick a thermometer in it, go bang Stacy and come back whenever the alarm you set starts beeping

I'm sleeping like a Nipponese person, you faggot, not a poor person. High quality tatamis are like $350 each. Plus, as soon as you raise it that high off the floor, now it removes the whole advantage of the ground-bed, which is that it's space saving. With the tatami/shikibuton, I can roll up the shikibuton during the day, and then I have comfy floor space to do yoga/situps/etc on.

Where do you get those mats

>space saving
>remove underbed storage is somehow saving space
>can't just do yoga somewhere else in the home

Dude

you get them from your local tatami maker. There are two in my city. Some stores will also import them from Japan for you.
I got mine second-hand from a teahouse though. I got them for $80 each and they're $300-$350 new, so I figured it was a pretty good deal.

Attached: 71m3XkaZwZL._SX425_.jpg (425x382, 43K)

>being that close to the ground makes you that much closer to dust and dirt.

>Living in a dirty place.
>Not running HEPA filters to remove dist and keep PM2.5 down to maximize brain and heart health

Well sure it doesn't work if you live like a nignog

a bed is a huge object to have in a room. If you can just remove it, it frees up a huge amount of space. I don't have so many belongings that I need a bunch of drawars under my bed to store it.

boy its 2019. Get a QLED

Having a bar is so elite for social gains.

Since were on the topic of Nip furniture, redpill me on kotatsu

Shoo shoo gains goblin

QLED is Samsung proprietary trash that is just regular LED technology. OLED is more cutting edge and produces a better picture.

Enjoy your aids sameshit TV that spies on you and shows you popup ads and doesn't even offer the best picture quas lity you absolute fucking moron

me and my wife prefer a sixty dollar uratex on a wooden base from the third world and gave away our $1200 mattress away, you would be surprised how many people prefer it.

Thank God I bought my furniture at Rooms To Go instead.

A bowl of redpills for awareness gains.

lol my qled is the shit. I love how fast that thing is. I never undesrtood the whole "cameras spying on you" shit, like.. what? they are gonna watch me fuck my gf and watch me fall asleep while watching lortd of the rings? I couldnt give a single shit if kikes or the government spies on me, I dont have anything to hide

None. This is a board about health and fitness. Go away, homo.

It's so much better dude. Sleeping near the floor feels very grounding and comfy, and it's nicer for sitting on too. I like to wake up and sit cross-legged on my tatami/futon for a bit and drink some tea and meditate.
I would also be happy with something like pic related.

Attached: tatami-mat-for-product-page.jpg (660x440, 31K)

qled is smaller and has a much better definition thatn oled dipshit

You are quite simply arguing for an inferior product.

There is a reason why rtings.com and Jow Forums will tell you that OLED offers the best picture while only sunhuman manlet cumbrains who suffer a life of constant humilation like you argue for chink shit.

Arguing LG vs Samsung and telling the other guy he's arguing for "chink shit."

both are SK trash. NK is best Korea.

>Reverse osmosis system to remove Jew chemicals from water
Problem with this is it also filters out the minerals from the water and once that happens the water will leech the minerals from your system (Reverse Osmosis meets Osmosis). You could prevent this by adding the minerals back to the water afterwards.

>t. Plumber user

You're a massive weeb bro.

> only sunhuman manlet cumbrains who suffer a life of constant humilation like you argue for chink shit.

geez buddy who hurt you? Im not arguing anything, I just said qled is better cuz it is lol. Stop playing victim you incel faggot.

I hardly even fucking watch anime. It's just better for your back to sleep this way.

Open area for my kettlebell/mace workouts with a nice TV for my stories.
Pull-up bar.
Firm floor level sleep pad.
Slow cooker and toaster, coffee grinder.
Fair size kitchen with big sink for easier beer making.
Nice desk and chair for my computer.
Synthesizer with nice cab (Deepmind 12, or a Prophet '08).

what the fuck else do you need to do in your room other than sleep and change clothes? go do your "activities" in the living room