Is it OK to use straps on my last sets? On barbell rows, deadlifts etc

Is it OK to use straps on my last sets? On barbell rows, deadlifts etc...

Attached: a.jpg (425x425, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kfy2njFbEUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, no matter how much you train your forearms, those muscles will fatigue faster than your giant back/hamstring muscles.

I recommend leather straps though, they feel nicer on your skin and wraps around nice and tight.
leather ones get pretty dirty so you might replace it every year or so

No, you fucking griplet.

Kek, i've torn to pieces my pair after 6 month use. The gym owner;
>Fucking animal, i use my pair for like 5 years

I call that mire

Yfw he bought the 10 dollar ones and you bought a 5 dollar pair of nylon straps cauze youre a poorfag

Shut the fuck up
Not using straps cripples both volume and intensity of workouts.

If you are doing volume and intensity your grip alows you to use. Then you are doing poor job.

I do olimpic weightlifting. I switch between hook grip and straps. Only do regular grip when i want ro train regular grip and gain arm strenght.

>rows
no way. never use straps for rows because you will never ever be lifting enough to max out your grip

>deaflifts
sure

>etc
I don't even know what else you think you need straps for? it's definitley not oly lifting so I guess you need help supporting your boyfriend while you fuck him in the ass?

We both have same ones. And they did not came cheap. I got them from him

Straps are for when your grip is failing before your back muscles in a set

It's that simple

I can row sets with 160kg, grip would definately be a weak point there.

>etc
pullups

Shrugs.

use straps where needed
example being when i do volume deadlifts i dont wear straps until i absolutely need them

or you have a strong grip and aren't a pussy

stop cheating your form is fucking shit

Yes but you have to be pulling a minimum of 405

cheating your form or doing some stupid faggot yates rows. irrelevant.

top kek
the absolute state of you cringecels

stop listening to these powerlifting fat fucks

The amount of weight on the bar is meaningless. If you need straps to push your back muscles to failure then use them. What matters is causing hypertrophy in the muscles you are targeting, not doing a suboptimal set on multiple groups.

Attached: download.jpg (128x128, 3K)

Try shrugging 4 plates without chalk or straps..go ahead I’ll wait.
>dyel keyboard warriors are out in full force this summer

>shrugging 4 plates

guarantee you just nod your head forward, try using a wait you can handle sweaty

>t.coping shruglet

youtu.be/Kfy2njFbEUw
reminder that straps, mixed and hookgrip are all cope for bitch hands

>doing shrugs at all

hello DYEL

>wait
>sweaty
Brainlet of piss

mirin grip, not mirin form

Cope

Attached: 5EEAFEB9-2523-47D8-8AB5-939F8DA8B4FD.png (750x1334, 1.27M)

Try not to, but don't allow it to deny you of PB's

>flexing lats to make yourself big

ayyy

pretty mind boggling that this niggers grip is stronger than his deadlift

For you...now post body or gtfo

>roiding for this

Attached: B2876D7A-99D4-4180-BABD-4C5F0210B786.jpg (406x395, 20K)

Attached: 1552675640442.jpg (2104x1366, 672K)

Lolol are your arms even 14”?

shrugs are literally the most cringe lift of them all. big traps are a sign of insecure roidlets. no woman finds that attractive, no man finds it admirable.
also comparing straps to chalk proves that you are just talking out of your ass or have been lifting for

Never taken roids or even creatine. Lol at your genetics and I’m 6 ft tall so don’t try spewing some manlet cope

Chalk and straps serve the same purpose for normal lifters...unless your some powerliftingcel competing. And having no traps shows your a weak curlbro

I tried them, its easier/more comfortable to just use mixed grip. I still use double overhand for warmup sets

I actually agree with this. I can't get used to straps either, it just feels awkward. Even watched videos on how to use them, couldn't get into it.
Full disclosure: My best deathlift is 222.5 kilos for three reps, mixed grip, and I have pretty small hands. If you're working with more weight or volume than that, I suppose I could see straps being helpful, but they really don't do it for me.

It's better for you than mixed grip deadlifts. The setup and movement is way smoother. If you're ramping up to a true max set your grip is not going to hold so you either do bicep tear "it's raw I swear!" mixed grip or use some straps. You'll have to remove a significant amount of weight for double overhand and for what? Do you do it for a little bit stronger grip or do you do it to build a massive, strong back and hamstrings?

Ignore DYELs screaming about alternating their mixed grip or "don't be a pussy." They haven't lifted for more than 4 months, if they even lift. It's like some guy shitposting about going ATG but they only squat 2pl8.

You have to use straps to shrug correctly (from a rack pull.) You can argue if shrugs are even necessary but that's a different topic.

Of course it's going to feel better doing the grip you've done for years versus something you just tried on a whim. You can do deadlifts however you want but when people say you're cheating but then do supinated it's just silly. Especially if straps reduce the risk of injury.

>Chalk and straps serve the same purpose
lmao
cope harder you DYEL
chalk = reduce friction from sweat. no actual change to grip strength
straps = weight is literally tied to your arms so grip doesn't matter

15.7 to be exact senpai, pic is about 3 months old

>You can do deadlifts however you want but when people say you're cheating but then do supinated it's just silly. Especially if straps reduce the risk of injury.
Oh, definitely agree with doing deathlifts however you want to. It really isn't anyone's business how you lift your own weights, whatever gets you good results is fine. Ultimately, we only have ourselves to answer to. I just figured the OP might be interested in in some personal anecdotes, and be it far from me to accuse anyone of cheating.