Obesity in the USA from 1990 to today

Obesity in the USA from 1990 to today....

The fattest state in 1990 had 15% obese people. The LEANEST state today has over 22% obese people. The last decade has seen an explosion.

obesity.procon.org/us-obesity-levels-by-state/

Attached: z8PDCUD.jpg (1536x2048, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

obesity.procon.org/global-obesity-levels/
bbc.com/news/health-18770328
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this the average american ? Looks like what I'd expect in a central american or south american country...

Yes. The majority of the country’s southern part is Latino.

You mean to tell me that the decades in which Americans reduced their sugar intake, reduced their soda intake, reduced their carb intake and further upped their intake of fat and animal products is the decade in which they've gotten fatter than ever before? Well gosh golly darn I'll be damned!

Attached: DnEzjVEVAAAesOM.jpg (1200x762, 97K)

Are you suggesting that keto has made Americans fat?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fat Mexican'ts streaming across the border.

ay dios mio

Not even a fan of low carb diets myself but it's ridiculous to claim that a couple diet books were the driving force behind the nations obesity levels. And it's also not surprising that rising obesity rates lead to more interest in diet books, so that correlation is not surprising.

This is excellent and a prime example of evolution at work.

The majority of men in South america are skinny or have that beer gut
Women are usually thin until they age

You mean to tell us that animal products are still only 20% of their calories and their diet is high carb, high fat, plant based?

It has nothing to do with evolution because they reproduce regardless.

Correlation \= Causation

>Globalism is g...

No its not the average american. its the average californian.

How can one post be so retarded

Mexicans are obese though, not even memeing.

theyre tiny people who are now eating american sized portions

Attached: gordo.jpg (651x400, 48K)

>implying this is a bad thing
Let the fatties spread, me and my family will continue lifting to become the few based people left in the USA

ey what happened to

some, especially in the usa

Attached: 4012.jpg (700x498, 112K)

obesity.procon.org/global-obesity-levels/
America numbah 1

This is in El Paso, TX, a city that sits on the border of Mexico. There are tons of obese hispanics close to the border.

Attached: notbad.jpg (510x1210, 72K)

Vegetable oils / poly unsaturated fat are a likely culprit.
So is cooking at home less often.

Uhm sweetie, how about women entering the workforce?

theres nothing wrong with being fat it means we is a successful nation with an abundance of food to eat unlike poor starving africa and europe

Didn't know arabs were so fat

American diet is crazy.
Food is cheap, abundant and full of calories

Why are Polynesians so damn fat?

I'm sure it's just those 2 things and nothing else about anything

I don't think those are the only factors, but I do think they are two significant ones, if not the two largest. What do you think they are? Do you have anything to contribute or are you just drive by shitting on posts?

fucking cherry picking the list with all the shitty countries because you know none of these mongoloids will click through

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-11 Global Obesity Levels - Obesity - ProCon org.png (779x586, 43K)

bbc.com/news/health-18770328

Attached: bbcglobal.png (1037x923, 94K)

fuck, gotta get lower

Attached: bmi.jpg (987x494, 61K)

i haven't eaten in 48 hours

neat

I graduated in 1989 and my school had 1200 students. There were two fat girls in the entire school, neither of which would be considered fat today. Both compensated for being fat by keeping their appearance perfect in every other way. The number of large male students was higher but we had a championship football team, which needs linemen with lots of bulk. Even then, compared to today those guys weren't very big. This was in Alabama which has never been considered a Jow Forums state. It's amazing how the average high school in a state like Colorado is today fatter than one in Alabama thirty years ago.

Attached: 157.jpg (850x314, 194K)

Nigga think about it, arabs get poor pakis and Indians as slave labour while they enjoy their wealth. Wealth creates weakness. Why do u think persians are so strong? Or why Saudis are losing to twink yemani rebels wearing sandals?

Attached: Mideast-Iran-U_Horo1-640x400.jpg (640x400, 60K)

This is bait

America is absolutely fucked if it gets thrusted into a major symmetrical war that will require the fittest of the population.

Attached: Bad Things.gif (656x368, 1.7M)

That's it, I dont want to contribute to these stats. I'm buying some DNP and going on keto+cardio

>I'm buying some DNP

DNP overdose is the worse possible death someone can suffer. Why even risk it, when the alternative is just an additional few months of normal weight loss?

Being fat is probably preferable to boiling yourself alive desu

Just take it easy, it works though

Evolution. Their ancestors could only survive sailing on ocean rafts with little food if they had genes favorable to conserving energy

>Graphs numerous random literary events with obesity?

Children, this is what we call a low caliber conspiratard. In terms of biological mechanisms, sugar is AAA+ in human physiology for maximal weight gain, where the recombination with other food macros accelerates fat gain in humans.

We know this mechanistically to be true because of insulin. Where as the sugar shills use low quality associative studies and pretend it is a "proof" of causality like the low IQ shills that they are.

Attached: 1537746207706.jpg (3394x1825, 3.75M)

Too late, I'm committed now. Add me to the dead pool if you must, but I'll be lean when I die

I'll be careful user. I'll check back in a few weeks with a progress update.
CW - 230lbs
Goal - 190lbs

I highly suspect corn is the issue, despite the memes, Mexico is much fatter than the US. And despite their poverty, Central American poverty rates keep going up. But then again, obesity is rising in every single developed nation.

Attached: rBVaI1iqyE-Ae1q1AAJ2gJAA4y4414.jpg (750x750, 26K)

Habibty habibi habesity

Manlet

Dnp is not a NFL participant so all the fat you lose will find it's way back in the end

As a Mexican, let me tell you those numbers have to be like 20 years old. Obesity has EXPLODED lately as nobody cooks anymore and everyone snacks on low quality carbs all day. Going back to Mexico City after living in the US for so long shocked me as like 70% of people are fat as shit. In the north at least it's fatter then even the worst parts of the American south or midwest.

>¡pinche gringos estan mas flacos que nosotros!

Just started talking to this Mexican girl, she uses words like pinche cabron etc, based and Spanish pilled

We should be lucky they are. If Polynesians got rid of western food they'd all look like the Rock.

"Got rid of western food" and replaced it with a gram of cyp and a gram of tren a week*

Because they eat worse garbage than Americans.

Attached: fanta_bread.jpg (1142x611, 61K)

Why does it seem like more hispanic girls are fat

Let's just keep pretending that people are eating more calories FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON and shut down any discussion of carbs or malnourishment.

Because... they are.

Jeeze you guys really do have a spic problem

Arabs feast on carb shit all day. Lots of sugar too.

Attached: site_197_Arabic_553777.jpg (704x396, 83K)

how is pic related shit? Beans,vegetables, rice, chicken?, white bread tortillas(oh no)

Too much carbs is what I'm saying. That's dinner too. Breakfast is more carb laden, plus sugary tea/coffee. More carbs for lunch.
Arabs are like Africans, every meal must have carb sides.
I'm not a keto guy but it's a bit much.

On the upside, it makes me feel better about myself. Whenever I feel like I don't look good enough, I go to Walmart to remind myself that like 90% of the people in my country are way fuckin uglier than me.

This is because of the fucking portion sizes nigga, any non american who's been to burgerland can see this.

Buy a regular glass of coke there and its fucking huge, buy a pizza and its huge, buy literally anything and it will be fucking huge. The problem is the portion sizes in America are way too big, so you're getting twice as many calories per one meal as the rest of the world. Every time I've been I couldn't even finish most meals because of the sheer size, I dont know how the amerifats manage it

Portion size but also the food itself: processed good and fat mixed with sugar. American grownups eat like children.

Wow so much fatshaming baka OMG
Obesity is LITERALLY a social construct, we're all conditioned to think that chubby people are unhealthy and such
#healthyateveryweight #fatshaming

>We know this mechanistically to be true because of insulin.

No we don't. There is no reason why sugar should cause insulin resistance. The mechanism is different. You are wrong.

>fucking cherry picking
>engages in cherry picking

There is nothing wrong with carbs. Every meal in every remotely civilized society has always had carb sides. The cause is different and it has little to do with what kind of diet you eat.
The portions are massive because people demand them. They demand them because their metabolism doesn't function properly, which isn't directly related to the diet they eat. Demanding fat and sugar is only the consequence. Rats will directly respond by growing leaner or fatter in response to particular chemicals.

Ja, die Juden really fatten you up and pump you full of opioids

Attached: fettbernd_jude.jpg (1229x1160, 118K)

Shieeet.

Attached: d02e1f56-b2b9-467b-b69b-44ce774fb1143.jpg (653x53, 26K)